Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Born in Los Angeles, California but lived in Louisiana all my life. Currently, live in Denham Springs, LA
    Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I continue praying for Johnny.

How old was this kid, does anybody know?

They were 16, 15 and 13 years old. They think the 15 years old is the one who hit poor Johnny. There was also a 7 year old involved but "it" was not arrested.

Thank you so much for the follow-up! We are glad to hear justice has a chance to be done.
    I've Been Frosted

How awesome is this!!?!??!!!!! I'm so happy that justice is occurring, not only for Johnny's sake, but for those children. I feel bad for those children to think that doing this is okay. I truly hope they get some help and learn how to handle animals correctly. The children may be upset about it, but this is what is best for them... they need to learn that we love animals, not beat them.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Hey Everyone,

Kev, do tell the media that JW would always wag his tail and look up at you with his big beautiful greenish brown eyes, play with humans and all the other dogs, and would actually smile if a dog could. He would lick you just to say "Hello, I'm Johnny, how are you? I showed up here in this neighborhood a little over 2 years ago because I was not welcomed where I came from. But all of you welcomed me with open paws and I love you. You took me in when there was nowhere else to go, kept me warm inside when the freezes and snow came, fed me and gave me water, bathed me, provided cool air in the heat. Thank you from the bottom of my paws. Also, HIGH PAWS, FEATHERS, CLAWS, NOSES, MOST OF ALL EYES (eyes from us to our humans) to the WORLD'S SUPPORT that I am still alive. No animal should have to go through neither abuse nor neglect."!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by petfriend View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Kev, do tell the media that JW would always wag his tail and look up at you with his big beautiful greenish brown eyes, play with humans and all the other dogs, and would actually smile if a dog could. He would lick you just to say "Hello, I'm Johnny, how are you? I showed up here in this neighborhood a little over 2 years ago because I was not welcomed where I came from. But all of you welcomed me with open paws and I love you. You took me in when there was nowhere else to go, kept me warm inside when the freezes and snow came, fed me and gave me water, bathed me, provided cool air in the heat. Thank you from the bottom of my paws. Also, HIGH PAWS, FEATHERS, CLAWS, NOSES, MOST OF ALL EYES (eyes from us to our humans) to the WORLD'S SUPPORT that I am still alive. No animal should have to go through neither abuse nor neglect."!!!!!
    Well put!!!!!!!

Johnny's Story Will be on at 10pm

Just go done with WBRZ, Kristy Davis is going to air his story at 10pm. I can't began to say how many times I mentioned PetTalk and the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center and Trish. She said they were going to mention the Johnny Walker Fund. I gave them Trish's card and stated how helpful she has been taking these Donations.
    Trish are you ready for more? They took a copy of the pics that Lauras Babies posted as well as the Video. They said they may have to edit the video if they air it. They want his breathing. Kristy said Jonny Walker's Story has to be the saddest thing she has ever heard. They didn't want the Graphic Photo because of kids watching the news.

this. is. awesome!
    THANK you for the PRESS RELEASE!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

WOW...would that this could grow big enough to change the heart of nations!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I can only repeat thins others have said:

Laura:
    - that card is wonderful!
    - thanks for making the trip and representing PT!
    - the photos and video are great to see.
    - ya done good, raising da kid, Kev! LOL

JW Humans: good on you for pursuing all avenues!

Trish and colleagues: in some ways, you may think, just doing our jobs. But when we pet owners come in with a sick or injured pet, you folks do so much to reassure US as well as care for our pets. And with JW, you have really gone the extra mile. Reassuring donors who only know JW from here on PT, from cross posts on other forums and sites. Taking donations, phone calls and emails from all over, in addition to continuing to service the folks coming in, standing at the desk. THANK YOU.

JW: WE LOVE YA, BIG FELLA! Bet that first bowl of food tasted REALLY YUMMY, even though it was pureed, lol. Eating, wagging that tail, you keep on recovery, good boy.

Continued prayers for JW and his humans.
    Prayers for the children referenced in the Press Release. May they get the treatment they need.

I am proud to be a member of this great community know as Pet Talk!

Just go done with WBRZ, Kristy Davis is going to air his story at 10pm. I can't began to say how many times I mentioned PetTalk and the Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center and Trish. She said they were going to mention the Johnny Walker Fund. I gave them Trish's card and stated how helpful she has been taking these Donations.
    Trish are you ready for more? They took a copy of the pics that Lauras Babies posted as well as the Video. They said they may have to edit the video if they air it. They want his breathing. Kristy said Jonny Walker's Story has to be the saddest thing she has ever heard. They didn't want the Graphic Photo because of kids watching the news.
    Well done, Kev...well done!
    We love you, Johnny!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Wow! This is all such great news! The arrests, the news coverage, the outpouring of love for this great dog! Thank you one and all! Hugs and love all 'round! Gentle kisses to JW!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Born in Los Angeles, California but lived in Louisiana all my life. Currently, live in Denham Springs, LA

Thanks

Hi All
    im a newbie but I just wanted to tell EVERYONE just how SPECIAL YOU ARE!! YOU ROCK!!! We all came together to seek justice and help an innocent animal, one of GOD 'S creatures. There is power in numbers!! I have found thru my work reuniting lost Hurricane Katrina dogs with their owners, being a foster mom for a shelter or just rescuing an animal in need- people who love animals ARE VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE.
    I am very proud to be a part if this group.
    If I can every help you in any way, plz let me know.

Mary Elizabeth Lorio
    Certified EARS (Emergency Animal Services Rescue) Volunteer
    Animal Lover
    Foster Mom for 4 legged furbabies
    PS Special Thanks to those that reported the crime!!

I was lucky enough to get a call from Trish this evening. This awesome awesome awesome lady told me all the latest news and I am ecstatic!!!

This story is playing out exactly the way we all wanted it to. Jonny is getting better and these little pukes are under arrest. What could be better than this?

If anyone in the world needs to know there are still good people out there, they need to read this thread. I have never been so touched by anything.

Trish, you are one of the finest people I have ever met. You just do everything and act like it's normal. If the world had more selfless people like you, it would be a much better place.

Thanks a million times to everyone involved in getting this little guy the help he needs. ALL of you are doing a stellar job in putting this story out there to every place it can possibly go. Please, everyone of you, stop and give yourselves a big pat on the back for a job well done!!!!

I am jumping up and down to hear that he's eaten pureed food and justice is being served. Life is grand.

GET WELL JONNY!!!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I think this whole thing can be summed up in just a few little words ~~ there is power in numbers!

So many people came together to seek justice for this dear little dog, and it was such an immense success. The icing on the cake, is that an arrest has been made, and hopefully, punishment will given accordingly.

But it all comes down to just one thing - that Jonny got the treatment he needed and hopefully is on his way to a full recovery. What a lucky pup to be loved by so many. Indeed - power in numbers...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Hi All
    im a newbie but I just wanted to tell EVERYONE just how SPECIAL YOU ARE!! YOU ROCK!!! We all came together to seek justice and help an innocent animal, one of GOD 'S creatures. There is power in numbers!! I have found thru my work reuniting lost Hurricane Katrina dogs with their owners, being a foster mom for a shelter or just rescuing an animal in need- people who love animals ARE VERY SPECIAL PEOPLE.
    I am very proud to be a part if this group.
    If I can every help you in any way, plz let me know.

Mary Elizabeth Lorio
    Certified EARS (Emergency Animal Services Rescue) Volunteer
    Animal Lover
    Foster Mom for 4 legged furbabies
    PS Special Thanks to those that reported the crime!!
    Hi Mel Welcome to PetTalk,
    Your not to far away from us and I am the eyewitness that reported this crime. I see you belong here at PetTalk. Thanks you for all of your help so far. I know this is only half the battle.
    They are showing clips on the the story with Pics that Laura's Babies took yesterday while we were visiting. Just remember everyone the story broke here first, and with everyone calling and e-mailing to keep Johnny in the SpotLight. I think the Sheriff's Office noticed the pressure was getting to intense and the had to get this investigation done and make the arrest. Again I want Thank Everyone for all this support and this on behalf of Jonny Walker and his Community.
    Last edited by Kev68; 07-23-2010 at 08:08 PM.