Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post
    Who is going to take Johnny after?
    Surely he will need to stay somewhere to get better and if he's got beaten before I would want to see him being safe somewhere.
    buttercup Jonny has a "Big Family" he was adopted by the 3 families that was feeding him before this happened. Jonny is going to be an inside member of our Families. He will be taken care of by the Mulvey's, The Vogel's, and the Sibley's.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Mailed today:

A check
    A letter to Trish
    A greeting card for Jonny
    You're the best

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Glad to hear that Jonny came thru today's procedures with flying colors.

Poor guy tho - he's gonna be hurtin' on both ends!!

But as tough as he's been so far, I'm sure it won't be a big deal for him at all.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

YAY YAY YAY!!!!! Another big giant step for you, Jonny boy!! Keep on getting better, sweetheart!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev68 View Post
    buttercup Jonny has a "Big Family" he was adopted by the 3 families that was feeding him before this happened. Jonny is going to be an inside member of our Families. He will be taken care of by the Mulvey's, The Vogel's, and the Sibley's.

Sort of a shared "custody" sort of thing then. He should have a lot of
    people directly caring for him while he heals. That's good. It should make
    it cheaper to pay for his reguar needs too, like food, flea, heartworm meds,
    and any thing else that comes up. JW is a lucky boy.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Kev68 View Post
    thats great got to keep that beautiful baby safe

I'm so glad to hear that his surgery went well and that he'll most likely be going home on Thursday. This is wonderful news!!!

Tuesday update

Johnny's surgeries today went fine. He had two teeth pulled and now he can close his mouth more. He was also neutered at the same time, under the same anesthesia. Dr Anemone Andronescu along with Dr. Kergosien did the surgery.
    I spoke with both of them today.
    I also met with Dr. Arceneaux this am when he arrived about the heartworm treatment. He volunteered his consult to the case.
    He stated that the plan is to continue with the Heartgard medication.
    There is an injectable medication that is given for heartworms however the way it was explained to me is as follows:

Heartgard will prevent new larvae heartworms from forming.
    This treatment will continue over the next three months.
    The injectable medication will be given in three months because the injectable medication kills off adult heartworm larvae. The three month period will allow any young larvae that are existing now to mature so that when the injectable medication is given, it will kill all larvae. (Basically this gives the young larvae time to mature so that the injectable medication works on all that are present). The Heartgard prevents new (young) larvae from forming.
    Then a test is done to check for any remaining parasites.

He will have some activity restrictions when the injectable medication is given and he will be able to have this done either with us or at a general practice clinic.

I believe Dr. Arceneaux also ordered an additional lab test today regarding the heart worm testing.

Now remember, I am not a veterinarian so I am transposing the information that was explained to me this am by Dr Arceneaux.

Johnny had a bath too. He is eating and drinking and sleeping on his back.

The plan is to discharge him this Thursday, July 29th at 12:00 noon. This will give him one more day to be monitored post surgery that was done today.

I left a message for Science Diet today. I received a return call but I was in a meeting when they called back. Will call them again on Wednesday.

No donations received today via calls or mail. Total collected remains at $4005 as it was yesterday. I will get with our accounting manager on Wednesday afternoon for a review of all charges to be sure everything is entered. (Some times the charges are entered the day following the procedures).

Everything is going as planned. Will update again on WEdnesday pm.

Our doctor who uploads the pictures taken in the clinic to facebook and to email addresses was off today so I could not send any pictures today. She should be present on WEdnesday. I will get with her then.

Trish

Sorry I've been so late in posting, but I've been keeping up with JW's story. I'm so glad that he's doing so well. He's won my heart too. I love that he sleeps on his back and wags his tail so furiously! He's been in my prayers.

I've been Boooo'd!

Update

Hey everyone,
    I can't wait till JonnyWalker comes home! Its been too long. Some people around the community are helping with some supplies for Jonny Walker. Jonny's has a bed on the way along with a dog house and a run. All of us are Counting down the minutes. He does have a huge family that he is coming back to and that is awesome! He'll have all the lovin he needs! We are hoping that all these news channels and interviews and everyone spreading the word that if this happens again, they do have people in this world who care and will do what they must to see them to justice.

Jonny keep up the good work! We all love you very much .

I'm am so glad to hear that JW will be home soon. Poor guy has been through so much already. PT is so amazing as well as Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center.

My prays are coming for everyone who has donated, said a pray or sent thoughts, and anyone who has cared.

I hope those kids will get punished somehow and this is just a thought that came into my head but can you get a protection order for JW so that those kids are never allowed near him again?

My prays again that JW will heal without any complications.
    Melissa

Born in Los Angeles, California but lived in Louisiana all my life. Currently, live in Denham Springs, LA
    I'm glad to hear JW is doing so well. He will still need our support when his abusers go to trial. We need to let the court know how we feel. We should write the judge (when we know who it will be).

Thanks for your update, Trish - and everyone! I can’t tell you how happy I am that Jonny’s surgery today went well. I believe he is through the worst now, although he still has more treatment coming. He certainly is in safe hands.

After this ordeal is over, I hope he’ll never need another hospital stay - he has been through so much.

I’m keeping Jonny in my thoughts and send my thanks to all who have helped him come this far. You are all amazing!

Just read Mel's post... I think it's a good idea, if you can, to prevent those nasty kids from ever coming near Jonny again.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I can't wait to see the homecoming pictures!! It's so awesome. Thanks Trish and everybody for doing such a great job. Don't we all know this little guy is gonna be as happy as can be to be going home and living the Life of Riley!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Can you do that write to the judge,?because if so i would be more than happy to do so, maybe seeing that someone from the other side of the world cares, might help a bit more and have more impact to make sure these monsters, aka as children, be punished for this horrific cruelty, please let me know, i am ready to put pen to paper, or fingers to the keyboard.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️