Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Those photos are precious of Jonny and his little one! I am thrilled to hear he is out of surgery.

Can someone provide the link so that I may make a donation for his care? Thank you.

Here is the info for making donations. You will need to speak with Trish. Even if you wish to send in a check, please call and let Trish know.
    Louisiana Veterinary Referral Center
    2611 Florida St
    Mandeville, La 70448
    Phone (985) 626-4862
    refferance name Johnny Walker

And here is what was recently posted on Facebook about 45 minutes ago:

Although Johnny Walker did very well during surgery, he still has an uphill battle. He has intestinal parasites as well as heartworm disease. Once we get him through his jaw surgery he will require treatment of the heartworm disease. We will treat the intestinal parasites, too, but the heartworm treatment is not without the potential for severe complications. He is obviously a tough boy. We will take things one step at a time, and so far, so good!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by CheckersMom View Post
    Those photos are precious of Jonny and his little one! I am thrilled to hear he is out of surgery.

Can someone provide the link so that I may make a donation for his care? Thank you.
    La Veterinary Refferal Center
    2611 Florida St
    Mandeville, La 70448
    Phone Number (985) 626-4862 Attn Trish

Johnny does look like such a sweet soul. I'm so glad the PTers came together again for such a wonderful pup. Good job everyone, and Johnny, prayers for a quick recovery!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Those pictures with Trish and the Doctor make me so happy and sad at the same time... it's so amazing how someone can love a dog so much that they just met. It truly makes my heart ache... in a good way.

I think with all of us behind Johnny Walker, he will have the strength to get through this surgery, recovery, and the oncoming battles with the parasites in him. It's a tough journey, but with love, it's always a little easier
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Just to let you all know mom is working on the youtube video and it will be posted within the next 30mins to an hour, maybe sooner

Excuse me, but I am confused. I dialed the number listed and got the clinic. A recorded message came on telling me to press 1 for an emergency. Is that what I need to do? Again, sorry for my confusion.

Excuse me, but I am confused. I dialed the number listed and got the clinic. A recorded message came on telling me to press 1 for an emergency. Is that what I need to do? Again, sorry for my confusion.
    Yes dial 1 and inform them you are calling about Jonny Walker

TA DA!! HEEEEEEERRR'S JOHNNY!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbj451Uz8Q

(More pictures added in post # 446 & 447 August 1)
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 08-01-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Thank you for your help; I got through to make my donation. Tish is a wonderful person--so pleasant! Bless everyone who has made an effort to help out Johnny.

So glad to know that Johnny is out of surgery. I can go to sleep now!
    It's great that you got to see him Laura, and thanks so much for the video. It makes such a difference to actually see him moving about.
    Best wish to you, sweet boy. We will be rooting for you every step of the way.

I wanted to hurry up and give everyone that link so it can be passed around and around to everybody you know if you want to.. I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts yet, been busy working on this.... (interrupted by a phone call from the lady where we trapped the cats the other night.. They found a kitten, looks to be about 4 weeks old.. If it is a girl, she is naming it after ME! If it is a boy, she is naming it after Mike!)

I didn't put music to that video on purpose, so you can hear how he is breathing.. Poor fella. Again, I swear, I did not know until yesterday that my son was Kev68!

I can not brag enough about the La Veterinary Refferal Center! I am still in awe of how they have done SO much and how nice they are. Even more I am in awe of how everyone has come forwards to do what they can and how fast Johnny's fund has risen to what it is. Even Kevlin has amazed me at how much time he has spent on this! What happened to JW will always haunt me, as I am sure it will many of you..

Hay, I am off to catch up on what I have missed today!! Got a lot of reading to do.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Beautiful video, very touching. Thank you for putting this together. I am sharing it.

Thank you for your help; I got through to make my donation. Tish is a wonderful person--so pleasant! Bless everyone who has made an effort to help out Johnny.

Thanks CheckersMom from another PA pet-talker

Oh my goodness, I am in tears AGAIN!!! I don't even know what to say.
    Thank you Laura for that video. So, so precious. I am posting it on facebook!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)