Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Jonny Went for adoption

Jonny Walker was adopted today by a man from Baton Rouge that watched Jonny's story on the local news. He has 4 acres of fenced in back yard for Jonny to run in. He also has other pets and has been staying in contact with Trish on Jonny's well being. As a community we decided that being Jonny had the roam of the neighbor hood and the woods before this happened, he needed to be somewhere he could roam with no fear of being hurt. It saddens us to see he leave but he is going to be taken care of. Over the weekend I will get Kevin's e-mail so everyone can check up on Jonny. I do want to thank you all again for your donations, support, and Prayers. If Jonny is needed when these kids are brought to court he will be close enough for him to make it. Please keep Jonny in your Prayers as he transitions to his new home, and still battles the Heartworms. God Bless You All.

I kow it was very hard to let him go - but I'm sure he will be spoiled rotten there also! Thanks for the update. God Bless!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Does the new owner know about PetTalk?

Yea, do they know about Pet Talk? It should have been in the adoption agreement that he is a PT dog and we need to have updates!

I am breathing a sigh of relief Kevlin. I was so worried about him being there, his safety and well being, having to be watched so close so that no more harm would come to him. I am SO happy that when able, he can run all he wants, roam without fear.. He is out of harms way where his every moment outside won't have to be watched.. PHEW! Now, he can go back to just being a normal dog and live his life in peace!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That's such great news Laura!! Tell Kev if he and Jonny's other families miss having a dog, they can always go adopt or rescue a dog from a shelter and start over with a true pet.

I'm so glad to hear that Jonny Walker has found a forever home. It sounds just wonderful and I'm glad there are other animals there as well.

Melissa

Best of luck to Jonny in his new home. He is going to a very lucky family and they are equally lucky.

Kev:: Thanks so much for all you did and the same to everyone else there. I hope those rotten kids get the worse punishment possible!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

It must have ben a tough decision, but it sounds like you kept Jonny's best interest in mind. Kudos to you, Kev, and to Jonny's other "families". Sounds like a great place.

I just read this. What a great ending for Jonny Walker.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

A big hello to Jen and Gigi!!!! Missed you both!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Johnny Walker

Just wanted to let everyone who helped in Johnny's recovery and who have been following these posts, that Johnny is doing GREAT! My husband, Kevin, brought him home and we just fell in love with him the minute he walked in my door. He gets along great with our other dogs. He has even made a best buddy with another one of our rescue dogs. He is an amazing little fellow. Considering everything that he has been thru, he is such a people dog. He has taken to all od our children. I thought he may be skittish of our 12 year old son but he isn't and he is gentle with our 2 year old and 6 month old sons. He knows he is loved here and no one will EVER hurt him again.

Thanks again to EVERYONE!!!!

Tina-Kevin-Holden-Kaden and Brayden

And Johnny's buddies Sherman (Basset Hound), Angel (Great Dane), Jake (Basset-Beagle Mix Rescue), Princess (Border Collie Mix that my husband came home with from Walmart parking lot) and his best buddy Peanut (Not sure what he is mixed with - Rescue)

Oh, thank you - both for adopting Jonny, and joining Pet Talk so we can keep up to date with him! I am glad he is doing so well, and hasn't lost any of his joie de vivre!
    I've Been Frosted

I don't know why I didn't think of joining here when Johnny came to live with us 2 weeks ago. I will try to get some pics of him posted soon, so everyone can see how happy he is.

News from the DA

I recieved a summons for court today. It is a Criminal Summons of the Juvenile Courts. It is for September 30, 2010. I am going to have to get Trish to send me a copy of the Final Bill with just his injuries. Will keep you all posted on this outcome. I am going to request that restitution be made and put into the Johnny Walker Fund. This fund will be for other abused animals. Thanks for the update on Johnny Tina I am glad to hear Johnny fit right in. Johnny take care of the new Family, you earned it man.

Quote Originally Posted by TinaMarie View Post
    I don't know why I didn't think of joining here when Johnny came to live with us 2 weeks ago. I will try to get some pics of him posted soon, so everyone can see how happy he is.
    Hey this answers the Question that was asked in an earlier post.
    PTer's I am not able to post as much as I would like to, but with this new job it out the door by 5:30am work and then back home by 7-8PM. Run, Run, Run........