Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Helping Jonny Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kev68 View Post
    Just Recieved a phone call from the Sheriff's Office. They have made 3 arrest in Jonny's Case and are fixing to release a statement to the Media. I was informed that e-mail and phone calls have flooded their office. Thank Each and Everyone of you for that!!!!!!!!!! A 4th/ arrest could not be made cause of the kids age..............
    Will keep you all Posted as this progresses futher
    That's great! MAYBE (I KNOW...I'm being way too optimistic but MAYBE...they will actually learn something and can be rehabilitated before they further harm society!)

WAHOOOO! For the animals of the world who have been abused prior to this and after! Although what had been done can not be undone and Johnny will still suffer, these arrests may help stop the next kid who thinks of doing such a thing.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Just Recieved a phone call from the Sheriff's Office. They have made 3 arrest in Jonny's Case and are fixing to release a statement to the Media. I was informed that e-mail and phone calls have flooded their office. Thank Each and Everyone of you for that!!!!!!!!!! A 4th/ arrest could not be made cause of the kids age..............
    Will keep you all Posted as this progresses futher
    They also stated that they are going to release a statement to the Press the hard working is finally working Jonny's story is out there!!!!!!!!

Prayers have been answered!! Not only is Johnny on the road to recovery and eating some pureed food, the people responsible for this horror have been arrested. Could not be better news for these tear stained eyes.
    Be sure to post the link to the press release for us.
    Hugs all Around on a job well done.

that is great news!!.. hoping this will teach a lesson... for them and others..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Amen

Kev,

Thanks for calling me. I was in Dollar General with a 17lb bag on dog food for Lady when I answered your call. I started jumping up and down with this bag of food on my shoulder, lol. I did not care who looked at me, I just replied "good news" and continued to jump and smile and laugh saying "YES!"
    Our prayers are still with Johnny and Lady says WOOF WOOF!!!!

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Whysmom View Post
    Prayers have been answered!! Not only is Johnny on the road to recovery and eating some pureed food, the people responsible for this horror have been arrested. Could not be better news for these tear stained eyes.
    Be sure to post the link to the press release for us.
    Hugs all Around on a job well done.
    yeaa!
    to all accounts!
    details when available with permission
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Born in Los Angeles, California but lived in Louisiana all my life. Currently, live in Denham Springs, LA

Arrest made!!!

Thanks so much for posting!!!

Our prayers have been answered! Oh, what great news all around! Jonny came through his surgery like a trooper, he's eating, AND wagging his tail, and now this news, that the evil culprits have been arrested! Oh, what great news! Such cruelty cannot go unpunished!

Thanks so much Trish, for your encouraging updates; we love you, all of you there at the center, for taking such great care of Jonny, for ALL of the great work you do for so many animals in need!

Jason, Laura, (the video was heart wrenching Laura, *tears*) Kev, everyone who's helped, cared, cried, donated, posted...what a great group of people!

Keeping fingers and paws crossed for more encouraging updates!
    We love you, Jonny!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

To all PT's

I bet the boy that was brought back to the scene to see the damage he caused is no longer smiling.

Just Recieved a phone call from the Sheriff's Office. They have made 3 arrest in Jonny's Case and are fixing to release a statement to the Media. A 4th arrest could not be made cause of the kids age.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    That's great! MAYBE (I KNOW...I'm being way too optimistic but MAYBE...they will actually learn something and can be rehabilitated before they further harm society!)
    That is what I was hoping, too. There's a connection between cruelty to animals and psychiatric illnesses, and there are criminals out there with mental conditions. I agree with MoonandBean's hope that these youngsters will learn something and can be rehabilitated.

Could someone please give Jonny a big, Big, BIG hug from me?!

When Jonny is ready to leave the hospital, he will go home with Jason, correct? Or if Jason is away for military training, Jonny has somewhere else to go until Jason returns?

Thanks,
    elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Thanks so much for posting!!!
    Mel I think I owe you a very BIG Thank you for posting your first post, I was leaving that information out because I am the witness to what happened. I was informaed that e-mails and phone calls were coming into the Sheriff's Office in the matter.
    Oh, Just recieved a Phone Call From Kristy Davis @ our local Channel 2 news www.wbrz.com they are on their way here so I have to get ready for their Arrival. Will Post afterwards.

Born in Los Angeles, California but lived in Louisiana all my life. Currently, live in Denham Springs, LA

Heres the press release/3 arrested!!!! 15, 16, 13 yrs old and a 7 yr old

Deputies say youngsters beat a dog with a bat
    Posted: Jul 23, 2010 1:42 PM CDT
    Updated: Jul 23, 2010 1:47 PM CDT

Deputies say youngsters beat a dog with a BAT

SPRINGFIELD, LA (WAFB) - Authorities arrested three teenagers for their suspected involvement in badly beating a dog in Springfield Saturday night. They believe a 7-year-old boy was also involved, but he is too young to be charged.

According to the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office, a 15-year-old boy, 16-year-old boy and 13-year-old girl face animal cruelty charges. after an adult dog was found severely beaten and bloody on Pardue Road around 11 p.m.

Witnesses who called emergency officials identified the teens to investigators.

Deputies suspect the 15-year-old boy actually hit the dog with the bat. They said he hit the animal in the head.

The dog is recovering at a veterinary clinic and is expected to pull through.

The teen was charged with aggravated cruelty to animals and placed in the Florida Parish Detention Center.

The other teens are accused of luring the dog off the porch. They were each charged with principal to aggravated cruelty to animals. They were released to the custody of their parents pending court proceedings.

Detectives called the parents of the small boy to let them know what happened and recommended counseling for him.

By law, he could not be criminally charged.

According to the sheriff's office, a person convicted for aggravated cruelty to animals can be sentenced to up to 10 years in prison and/or issued a $25,000 fine.

Copyright 2010 WAFB. All rights reserved.

Kevin
    YOu are very WELCOME!! As a pet lover and foster and rescuer, this made me sick to my stomach. I just rescued a 5-6 week old puppy that was thrown away in the raod to be run over. Thanks goodness, I did not run over him. Midnight is now safe at my home!!

thanks for posting the press release..

hope that´ll teach them.. and make them think twice about their actions.. no bad deed goes unpunished..

good job on all parts involved.. medical and law enforcement.. as well as the awesome supporters with donations and prayers..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365