Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: fostering 3 kittens...PICS #22,#42,#47,58,70,#80-81, HS Website 88

fostering 3 kittens...PICS #22,#42,#47,58,70,#80-81, HS Website 88

for the local Humane Society. The only room I can block off that my boys don't need to get into is my bathroom - so my friend who is volunteer coordinator for the HS said I should take the kittens as my bathroom will be bigger than the space they are in now.

They are weaned, one is a runt...and I will foster them til good homes are found. HA HA HA HA!!!!

Pics will be forthcoming. I wonder if I will find out what it is like to fail Fostering 101. A little girl kitty would be good for the boys....
    Last edited by Catty1; 08-07-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Good for you

I have a friend who fosters for our local Humane Society. She recently had four orange girl kittens - and they all got adopted at an adoption event. Then she brought home three others, but only took them for a couple of weeks - she's headed out of town for a trip.

She said she was surprised how difficult it was to give up the first ones when the time came. But as she divides her time between here and Florida, having another of her own would be difficult. The fostering satisfies an itch

Good luck and if you fail fostering, you won't be alone!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Good luck and if you fail fostering, you won't be alone!

Hear hear!!! LOL

Candace, I am sure you will enjoy fostering. Initially they need to be separated but over time, you can let them mix in, right?

You didn't say how old they are at this point! And I am drooling in anticipation of the photos, so once you have them, don't delay, he hee.

I did see that the CHS was overrun with kitties. Good for you for being able to help them out. What fun you and the boys are going to have!!! Looking forward to your photos.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

This is exactly why I have never fostered. I know for sure I would be a foster failure, no doubt about it.
    But I just love seeing others here be foster failures. Hee hee I also can't wait to see pictures. Kittens are so much fun. Although, I've never had more than one at a time either.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Have they arrived yet? And, if so, how are Oscar and Cole reacting?

I have offered to foster an Older Cat or Two who is not likely to ever fiind a home and they , in my opinion would be much happier in the Found Cat Hotel with lots of room to roam and play in , and the Found Cats to be their friends.
    So far I have been refused as I have too many Cats
    One or Two Older Cats would not that that much of a burden , and would free up a place for Two Newer Cats
    Why they would rather have these Ctas in cages , I don't know
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Good luck. I'd also be a foster failure. I look forward to seeing pictures.

Oooooh.... more kittens!! It is kitten season!!!

They are about 6 - 8 weeks old. The one pair have a bit of a poo problem, and the other is a runt. I just have to make sure they are eating and everything.

The CAHS provides the litter box, food, everything. Oscar and Cole will just not be in the bathroom with Meowmie for a while!

Hadn't thought of them mixing...that would be interesting! I get the home inspection tomorrow afternoon (a friend of mine holds the volunteer coordinator position) and if all goes well, I bring them home Monday morning.

I haven't told Mom...but when she sees the little fuzz nuggets, I know she will melt!

Ohhhhh... that's so nice! Thank you, Candace, for doing this. You are giving these three babies a good chance and making room for others at the shelter.

Looking forward to hearing all about their arrival and seeing pictures!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Well, I will be picking up these babies tomorrow morning. They are all from one litter - a total litter of 6!

Just have to make sure the runt is eating.

I BCC'd my friends in the Cochrane area in case some of them might have one room where they can help out temporarily.

Pics as soon as I can get them.

Yay!!!! Get plenty of sleep now because they're going to keep you on your toes. I forgot just how messy and dirty little kittens can be. I look forward to hearing more about them and seeing some pictures of them too.

Just to be clear - I am getting only 3 of the 6. The coordinator warned me that they might climb my shower curtains. This should surprise me???