Thread: Insanity?

Insanity?

Have any of you PTers ever done Insanity?
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fit...=GOG0039961351

I have downloaded all the videos, have my workout sessions planned out, have read the diet guide, and am ready to try it out. My main reason for doing this is because I am very unhealthy. I eat horrible, I don't get enough exercise, etc. I am 18 years old and literally have NO energy. I do want to lose some weight (15 pounds approximately), but my main reason is to FEEL healthy. Might as well do it now before I ask myself in 20 years why I didn't change my lifestyle when it was easiest.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble, just wondering if any of you have tried this and what your results were. I'm kind of nervous as the workouts are wayyy intense, and I am not one for cooking and there are only specific meals you can eat. I figure this plan is much better however, because it's not some "fad diet". It is a way of eating that I can live with for the rest of my life. They've got a calorie calculator and I calculated I can eat 1,818 calories per day during these workouts and get the weight loss I want.

Your also not allowed to drink soda which I think will be the hardest for me. I drink about 2-4 diet sodas per day. It should make me feel much better cutting it out though.

I'm rambling again. hehe

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

My son is doing this now. He is on P55X I think. He loves it. He's changed his entire way of living. Healthy as can be. He's lost quite a bit of weight and he's getting in shape now.
    He also got my daughter set up for it. She is also trying to get healthier and seems to love it. She has been on a health kick for years but this is really helping her. She's a correctional officer in North Carolina and she tells me all her fellow officers are training on this. From what they both say, it is very intense. My son also goes to the gym every day.

I don't know anything about the program but I can certainly put you in touch with my son when he comes back from Chicago next week. He's an expert on it. Please PM me if you want to talk to him and good luck with it.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I've been wanting to do P90X, but just haven't got the entire motivation yet
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Daisy and Delilah, I figure that when I first start I will hate it. hehe But will get to love it soon after!! It would be great to talk to your son I know I don't know much about it.

neko1, I do the 15 min abs from P90X. (cause I carry the majority of my weight in my belly ) I really love that one!! And it's so easy to fit into your day.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

I talked to him today and he says he'll be happy to give you his email so he can tell you what he knows. I'll PM you.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20 View Post
    neko1, I do the 15 min abs from P90X. (cause I carry the majority of my weight in my belly ) I really love that one!! And it's so easy to fit into your day.

That's where I carry all my extra weight too- have you noticed any changes?
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Quote Originally Posted by neko1 View Post
    That's where I carry all my extra weight too- have you noticed any changes?
    Oh definitely. I can tell my stomach is much more tone and flat when doing the p90x. Even a week or two without it my pants start getting much tighter! Not much weight (on the scale) difference but how I look is definitely better while using this. It's something I'd recommend doing always, rather than for a couple months and quitting. Plus it's short and easy to fit into your day.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Good for you, keep up the good work and best of luck.