Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roxy.

Roxy.

I typed this out before I got here, because I knew that if I got to the library and started talking about it, I would start crying... So, here it is.

Roxy; November 16, 2001 - July 1, 2010

I never thought I'd be sitting in Dog Memorial typing this anytime soon. I figured it would be a long, long time before I would have to visit this section again to post about the loss of one of my girls.

But here I am, and my heart is absolutely aching, still.

It's been two weeks since we had to have Roxy put to sleep, but I never ever thought it would be happening. I knew she was getting old and she was bound to have health problems, but I never expected them to spring up so suddenly.

Having her put to sleep was the hardest decision I think that I've ever had to make. I was so afraid I was giving up on her, but as I looked at her, I knew that it was time. She didn't know who we were, she didn't respond to her name, and she didn't respond to food. That was always a sign something was up with her, she loved to eat.

So, I just want to say a few words to Roxy, in hopes that she knows how true every single one of them was.

Roxy,

July 24, 2002. We went to the animal shelter, expecting to get a Yorkie. Well, the Yorkie had been returned to his owners. I was a little sad at first. When we had first been to the shelter the previous Friday, or maybe it was Saturday, you were sitting there in your cage, looking all happy at all the people that passed you by, hoping one of them would love you and take you home. I smiled at you, thinking you were a cute dog. As we walked down the rows of cages the Monday that we came back, there you sat. You looked up at us, grinning. My mom looked at me and I looked at her. They had already named you Roxy and she said, “Would you like to take Roxy home with us?” I nodded enthusiastically and you got spayed the next day. You were on your last day, if we hadn't been there, you would have been put to sleep the next day. If I could go back to that day and do it all over again, knowing what I know now and knowing that I would lose you after nearly eight years, I would do it in a heartbeat.
    From the moment we brought you in the door, I knew that you were special. You were going to be my dog. And you were. I called you my soulmate and you lived up to that title till you were gone. You taught me so much. You taught me how to love, you taught me how to laugh, and you always could make me smile. I learned so much from you, Roxy. I became a better pet owner, and learned many new things that I would never have found without you.
    We grew up together. I have so many simple memories that now I look back on and smile. I smile through the tears, knowing that I'll never get to see you smile again and I'll never get to watch you beg for a treat. I remember the days when you would take my stuffed animals and carry them through the house. You'd look at us sneakily as you walked through the living room and we would only laugh. You never chewed them, you treated them very well. I remember how you would sit on the porch and let me dress you in clothes and paint your toenails. You were such a good girl, you were always so gentle. People were afraid of you because of your size and your bark, but you would have only rolled over for them to rub your belly if they dare come towards you. I remember when we used to bring you into the house and you would lay at my feet as I perused the internet. At night when I lay down to go to sleep, you would cuddle against my side. You kept me warm in the winter and kept me company when I was lonely. I remember the time you ate a puppy pad and then your stomach didn't agree with that, thank god, and you threw it back up. Good job, goofus. I remember how you used to get excited when we would pull into Pappy's driveway. You were always happy to see me and happy that we were going to feed you. You barked at me until I brought your food and water out to you and I would only laugh. You happy barked at me every day. I miss your happy bark, so much. I remember you laying at my feet and snoring. You had the cutest snore. I remember our walks to the duck pond and how you loved to sit and stare at the ducks, probably pondering how to get them to come closer so you could eat one for breakfast. You used to love going on walks. We would take a rest and you would sit contentedly with me, and we were happy. I remember when I was younger, we would go riding on my bicycle. You pulled me up the road and we always got our exercise. You also loved car rides. You'd hang your head out the window and your little dog tag would tinkle in the wind. I also remember the time we took you to the park and then took you to Dairy Queen and bought you an ice cream cone. One would have expected you to take the cone and inhale it like you did most food, but you licked it ever so daintily, one little lick at a time. I remember how much you loved to eat. If I had let you, you probably would have eat anything that didn't eat you first. You loved Beggin' Strips, you loved when we fed you a raw diet, and you loved Doritos. You weren't supposed to have them, but of course we snuck you one every time we could. I remember your sweet brown eyes, your favorite spot to be rubbed on your belly, and your soft ears. I remember everything about you, Roxy girl, but I miss it more than you could ever possibly know.
    You were my heart and my soulmate. My heart will always hold a place for you, and my back soon will too when I get a tattoo in your memory. We spent nearly eight years together, we went through some great times and some bad times. But I wouldn't change any of it for the world. You were my best friend, my listener, and you gave sweet, slobbery kisses on my cheek. I miss you so much. As time goes on, I thought it would be easier coping with your absence, but instead of easier, it's only becoming harder. I'm afraid I'm going to forget what you looked like or forget the sound of your happy bark. I'm afraid I'm going to forget what the color of your eyes were or the way your fur felt. I never thought I'd wake up and lose you. I never thought that yesterday would have been the last time I was going to see you happy and healthy. I never thought it would be the last time I would have to feed you, the last time I would ever hear you bark, the last time I ever saw you smile. But now you're gone and I'm so lost without you. Sometimes we drive out to Pappy's and I get excited knowing that I'm going to see you, but then I remember that you're gone. It's going to take a long time to remember that you're not here. I feel like I'm stuck in a dream and when I wake up, it's going to be over. You're going to be here, happy, smiling, and I'm going to get to tell you how much I love you and how much I missed you. But that day isn't going to come; you're really gone and you're really not coming back.
    So, all I can say is this: I love you. I always have and I always will. You are always, always, always in my heart, and I miss you so much. If I could do it all over again, I would. I would give anything to spend just another day with you. We would do all of your favorite things and I would tell you how much I loved you. Someday, we'll meet again. I'll see your warm brown eyes, your sweet smile, and I will watch your face light up as you happy bark and run to meet me. Until then, take care. Play hard, eat till your tummy's about to burst, and run free. Live as you did when you were happy and healthy and alive. And most importantly, know how much I love you. I promise you that I always will. Give my love to Tink, Aunt Barbara, Nanny, and all of the other pets and family who I've loved and lost. I love you, Roxy. And I'll see you again.

Love always,
    Bri

ETA: Forgot to add this.
    To Roxy
    Last edited by Roxyluvsme13; 07-16-2010 at 09:24 AM.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Oh, dear. Rest in peace, Roxy, you made such a huge difference in Bri's life, and your legacy of love and caring will live on forever.

So sad to hear you have left us, pretty girl, but up at the Rainbow Bridge, join the group of doggies and play, play, play until that day when you are reunited.
    I've Been Frosted

Bri, I am so sorry for your loss. May beautiful Roxy, RIP. We know you loved her and I truely know how you feel. I hope my white fluff greeted you up there and may you forever run free at the RB pretty girl.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    RIP sweet Roxy, and peace and comfort to you, Bri.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am in tears. Reading your beautiful words to a beautiful pup. I was really hoping it wasn't your Roxy when I saw the name here. I have that lump in my throat when you hold back tears. I am so very sorry.

RIP Roxy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Dear Bri, my heart just dropped when I saw the title of this thread. Big (((HUGS))) to you. I am so sorry.

Thinking of you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh Bri, I'm so sorry to be reading this. Your words to Roxy and about Roxy just made me cry.

I hope that you will find solace in knowing she's in no pain, and that you will see her again, one fine day.

HUGS to you, sweetie.

All of us here have grown to know and love Roxy. Bri, my heart fell out of my chest when I clicked to see it was your girl. How sad it must be for you. You worked so hard to get your Mom to accept her and treat her better. My hat goes off to you again and I send hugs to you to help you get through this. I know Lily is wondering what happened to her big sister. Please give her kisses for me. I'll pray that God gives you the strength you'll need to go on with your life, Bri. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Rest In Peace Beautiful Roxy Run Free and Play Hard at the Bridge Sweet Girl

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh my!!.. definitely not what I wanted to see in a Roxy thread...I´m so sorry... she sure was a special girl and will always be remembered not only by you but many many of us...

beautiful words Bri.. truly from the heart.. I´m sure Roxy is smiling at you wagging his goofy tail until you all meet again..

((hugs))
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Roxy was on her last day at the shelter - you and your mom gave her a new life. Sadly, even that life had to end.

She was a loved, happy doggie. She will play at the Bridge and she knows how much you loved her.

{{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh no. I'm so sorry about Roxy Bri. Our furkids just don't stay with us long enough on this earth. Roxy is happy at the Rainbow Bridge. One day, you'll see her again. {{{hugs}}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Unhappy

My heart dropped before I clicked this and I was praying it wasn't your girl. I am so sorry, Bri. My heart goes out to you. I know how much she meant to you and how much Roxy loved you. You will see her again someday. (((hugs)))

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Oh Bri I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, Roxy

I am so sorry for your loss. Your tribute to your soulmate was beautiful and I'm sure she knew just how much you loved her.

Robin

Unhappy

Oh Bri, I am so so sorry for your loss of miss Roxy.. She was such a sweet dog, and was obviously very loved by you. She will be missed. Play hard at the bridge Roxy.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

PS, you're new signature is beautiful.

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)