So we have a balcony and between our house and the next is the garage building which has a nice pointed roof with red tiles. One slope of the roof goes down right besides our balcony which is cat proof with a netting- or so we thought.
Turns out that there is a small hole in the netting which lived well over Tigris' and Filou's whole lifetime. We were outside having drinks and talking and Orion paraded on the balcony railing catching insects while it was getting dark. And then I notice he is going through and I jump and get his tail but to no avail. Gone is the boy and sits on the roof.
I shout at Siegmar to bring treats and he brings and I offer and Orion comes back and eats a treat but all very fast and I can't catch him as the hole is too small. And then he starts quietly and explores the slope. Not so bad if he jumps down in the garden downstairs as it is catproof as well, the lady downstairs has 3 cats and a very high fence. But he perambulates to the next building and there are some big trees so he could go in that garden and from there- who knows.
And then he walks up the slope and crosses it to the street side!!!!
I send Siegmar down outside so he can see him whether he tries to come down there, it is about 9 feet and if he decided to jump he certainly can do it.
I get one of his wands but he thinks the roof is much more interesting and goes up to the top and tries to catch more insects while I am cooing and meeowing.
He came close several times but not so close I could catch him and he seems to be scared to go back the little distance (half a foot) between the balcony and the roof. So I think I must work strategically. First I got some scissors and opened the hole a little bigger. And then I got the laser mouse. I hardly can see him now as it is getting dark. And he is on the other side of the roof, about 20 ft away. But the laser mouse does the trick. I can get the red dot right in front of these nawtee pawsies.
In the mean time Siegmar is back - he thinks he won't jump on the street side. And so he stands at hole, I play the laser mouse and there is little Orion trying to catch the mouse and coming really close- where his daddy catches him by the neck and pulls him in. Big *phew*
Little boy meowed and scratched but he is safe and sound and wants to play!

Next week we get some work done at the balcony to make it bigger and then we need a new netting anyway. But no time alone outside until then, nawtee boy!!!!!

I will immediately stop worrying about Orion being too well behaved. He's an Aby after all.