Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My poor boy had an infected tooth!

My poor boy had an infected tooth!

I took Cocoa Kitty to the vet today. Last night I saw there was swelling on his jaw, and it just got worse. When I left him there I started crying. I was worried about having him knocked out because he's older and has some health issues, but I was worried about the infection too.

The vet just called and said everything went OK, he got an antibiotic shot, she took out the tooth and cleaned things up, and I can pick up my boy this afternoon.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.
    http://cocoakitty.net

I am so happy for both you and Cocoa Kitty! I know what it is like to be worried about a kitty you love!
    Thanks for posting this, it made me happy to read it!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Awww, glad the ouchie toof is gone! Give him a kiss on the noggin from me, okay?
    I've Been Frosted

My foster kitty Merlin just went through that. He's 15 and his dental was last weekend - had two toofies pulled.

Coco kitty will need soft food for a day or two but then you'll see, he'll be right back to normal and feeling a whole lot better. You will also need to administer some antibiotics for about 7 days after just to keep any infection at bay. My vet gave me liquid Clavamox and I mix his dose in with the wet food and he gobbles it up.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm glad to hear Cocoa tooth pulling went well. I know I would have been worried, too. Do you know what kind of anethesia he got?

Fister (14) didn't have to have his teeth cleaned last time, other than having scraped a bit off one or two, while being checked for other things. I brush his gums every day - well on the outside, but it seems to help.

Slick, Merlin sure have been though an ordeal lately, but after having two teeth pulled, he must feel so much better.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Aw, I'm sure glad all is well now. It's scary having to leave them there and to be put under anesthesia, too, especially when they're older but you didn't have much of a choice. He'll be feeling good as new in no time.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Keep an eye on the hole, especially if they didn't send you home with meds (not just a shot at the vet). Havoc had a retained baby tooth pulled but the empty spot got infected a few days later and I had to take him back for oral antibiotics. He was having leg surgery the following week anyway, so we had to be sure he was clear of infection beforehand.

I'm sorry to hear thisbut I'm glad to hear that everything went well for him. My Storm had an abscessed tooth last year in Oct. and luckily everything went well and he was almost 14 at the time. I'm sure that Cocoa will feel better soon. Get well soon Cocoa Kitty.

Oh no poor Coco.. I am sure glad all went well at the Vets with Coco's tooth getting pulled.. Get well soon Coco.. Gentle belly rubbss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thanks for your support! Only you guys understand how attached I am. The doctor wants to check him in a week to make sure everything is going well.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.

Oh yes we all understand our love for our babies.. So glad your wittle CoCo is doing good.. Now can CoCo have any dry food now & is CoCo on wet food only until the mouth heals where the tooth was pulled??

Quote Originally Posted by KitCat View Post
    Thanks for your support! Only you guys understand how attached I am. The doctor wants to check him in a week to make sure everything is going well.

<Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

He's still on wet food, but he is feeling so much better. He is a happy boy again.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.

Well that is Great News.. Keep on getting lots better CoCo.. Before long you will be munching on everything..
    Quote Originally Posted by KitCat View Post
    He's still on wet food, but he is feeling so much better. He is a happy boy again.

Cocoa is all better.

His infection is gone, his blood sugar level went down and he is back to his lively self.
    Cathy loves Cocoa Kitty.

Yaay!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda