Thread: Big scare!!! :eek:

Big scare!!! :eek:

Today when I came home, I looked at my gerbils cage and noticed there was all this yellow dust under it and i realized she chewed a huge hole in her plastic tube and she got out! I was so scared because she could be ANYWHERE in the house, so i searched for 10 minutes and couldnt find her becuase I had to leave and I didnt come back till 7 oclock and i searched for a little and then I looked in my shoe closet and found her in there! Thank goodness I found her becuase I was going crazy when I didnt know where she was! I think I have done enough worrying today!

Whew! That is so great that you found him!! My friend had a hamster once that got out of his cage, and somehow ended up under the furnace. They had to call the furnace guy out to their house at like 10:00 at night to take the furnace apart so they could get him out. The thing with gerbils & hamsters is they will fit ANYWHERE!!

The same exact thing happened when Sally knocked over my hamsters' cage. They escaped, and we found mine near the computer wires! Then we looked for my sister's but could'nt find him for a day! Finally we found him behind the refigerator!! Well I am glad they both were alive and I am glad that your gerbil was okay too!!
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Wow what a scare!! Glad you found the little rascal. clever, aren't they?

OMG! That happened to us once! I don`t remember how we lost our hamster but she escaped some how and we looked for her for like the WHOLE day! We didn`t find her! A couple days went by and we still hadn`t found her! Like two weeks after that we found her in our closet,she wasn`t even thinner!

Wow! I know exactly what that's like! Nugget and Sweet Pea ran away once--- outside!!!!!! Sweet Pea was only about a two and a half months old when that happened . I thought I'd never find them. Obviously I found them (it's a long story how). Those little stinkers!

I'm glad that everything turned out alright for you and your Gerbils!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

We had a gerbil that chewed out of it's cage once ... and sadly, it got behind the refrigerator and was killed by the fan.

If your gerbil is chewing at the ends of the tubes, you can put a piece of wire or even a straightened paper clip around the end of the tube. The don't like to chew metal, I guess.

I ended up putting our gerbils in a wire cage, so they wouldn't chew through the plastic anymore.

Wow! I guess all of you others have experienced the same thing I did! Twisterdog, sorry to hear that

Here are a few photos showing how she bit through her tube (the tube is connected to the outside of the cage) the cage was on a high counter so she must have fallen to the ground!

I am glad you found Sam, I know how scarey it can be, especially when you don't know where they have gone.