Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye to my China pets-I am home. Pictures of the new Canuck visitor!

Goodbye to my China pets-I am home. Pictures of the new Canuck visitor!

I have said goodbye to my beautiful Chinese kitties, Jade and Pearl and to Fifi the poodle! Yesterday I took them to their new home where they will be loved and looked after. But I am so sad without them and Fifi the poodle!

As I am retiring, my friend Audrey has taken them to live with her and her family along with Fifi (who really belongs to Audrey Xie but was shared by us when we here because we love dogs too). They are quite content to be there in her house as they have lived there for the previous six summers and know the place and the people very well and are much loved and petted by them. They even have a small garden with a high wall to play in and a fishpond where they can watch the koi fish swim around. Still my heart is heavy at leaving thenm behind even though I know they will be loved.

I could not take them back to Canada as there are too many regulations in China and besides the expense (at least $6000 Canadian, which would be more than I have!) it would have involved two 20 hour each way train trips to Beijing for certifications and the stress would have been terrible for them.

I expect we will very soon be looking for some new pets to rescue in Canada as we can't live without some furry faces in our family so at least a little good will come of it.

Goodbye Jade, Pearl and Fifi! You will always be in my heart
    Last edited by Lilith Cherry; 07-25-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Pictures of the new Canuck visitor!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I'm sure you will miss them horribly, but you have made sure they have a great home and that seems the best solution all round. Audrey's place sounds lovely for them.

Good luck with your move back home. I hope all goes smoothly.

I am so sorry. Of course you couldn't put them through such an ordeal of travelling. It will be ok for them but you will miss them.

All the best for your new start in Canada.

Often, doing the best for all is the most difficult. You did the unselfish thing.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That is by far the nicest thing to do as Jade , Pearl and Fifi are in very good hands and although you will miss them, you certainly are to be credited for finding them a good place!!!
    Maybe after you are settled in Canada a new shelter Cat will find their way into your home and heart
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I know it was hard to do = but at the same time the best thing to do.. The move would have been too hard on the babies..

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Often, doing the best for all is the most difficult. You did the unselfish thing.

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Gee! That had to be hard to do and will hurt for a long time but you did give them to someone they knew and a home they have spent a lot of time in.. I wonder if they will even miss you? LOL!

I let my big boy Chester go live with my daughter because he thought that was his real home anyway since she kept him while I was on the boat and hated coming back here and I think he was meant to be hers anyway. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES her, almost obsessively and he is so much happier there, I get to see him anytime (which is often) and he is SO loved there.. Chester does NOT miss me one bit! LOL! My daughter sends me such cute pictures of him when I am on the boat and how he is always on her loving her so I still have a great collection of pictures of him too.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

That must be so difficult. But you must have some peace knowing they are in such a wonderful home and will be well taken care of. Sometimes people aren't so lucky to find a great place to take in their pets. You definitely did the right thing.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

A prayer for comfort for you, I am sure it was a bittersweet parting. Remind her to send you updates every now and then, of course! When do you move back here? (North America)
    I've Been Frosted

I know you'll miss them terribly. But you did the right thing. And that takes love,

I'm sure you'll be able to get updates and pictures. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

adding pictures of Well, I am back online at last and back in my Canadian home.

Audrey tells me my babies are all doing very well and settled in in their new home so that is a relief even though I am missing them so much.

Since I got home ( first evening!!) We have been visited by by several cats from the neighbourhood all wanting to share our bbqs!

Most of them I know from previous times, are my neighbour's barn cats but one little girl seems to have adopted us as her own.I have to ask around and see if she has another home. She is only small and about one year old but unfortunately she looks to be pregnant and is constantly hungry ---I have been feeding her around three times a day ! She is very shy and won't come inside the house but she sits by the door , on the deck and watches us for hours. I have been able to pet her just once and she also lets my husband touch her on her nose very gently sometimes but I am sure she will get tamer as time passes..

I will try and get a photo or two and show you what she looks like. Not a beauty as she has a bent or ripped eaf and and a funny curled and stubby tail but I think she is cute just the same.
    Last edited by Lilith Cherry; 07-25-2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: adding pictures of "
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

She sounds like a darling little girl, and it sounds like she has chosen a safe place. I bet she has a beauty all her own.

Welcome 'home' - and I am glad to hear your babies are doing so well!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh i think you have been chosen, she sounds adorable, and so much in need of some tender loving care and a permanent home, hint hint.

Welcome back and i am so happy your furbabies are well and doing great back in China.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Here are some pictures of her,, I hope you like them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SL380001.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	45739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SL380006.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	45740   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SL380002.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	45741   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SL380003.JPG 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	45742   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SL380005.JPG 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	45743  

Lilith Cherry
    "

I think she's adorable and hopefully she'll be yours soon.