Thread: It's time..warning pics

It's time..warning pics

Hello all,

My dog of 15 Years Mickey recently passed April of '09. She was a Rottweiller one of my most favored breeds although I do like all larger type dogs.. Currently I live in an apartment and it was more difficult having the dog there than in a house with a yard. However a recently installed dog run across the street and my recently installed roomate would help out tremendously. Additionally I have a property in the mountains, near lakes rivers and thousands of miles of trails that would be ideal for a dog and myself for vacations.

Ok wall of text short I would like to either rescue a dog from the shelter or to purchase a Golden Retriever from a breeder.

Without providing all of the details I know about dogs I was wondering how you all would go about figuring if the dog was the runt of the litter or the full grown size of a rescue ?

FYI here is a photo of my friends Wiemeraner on the property i mentioned. The house is fully done now though don't worry about loose nails! I don't live there year round but sans pooch it's tough to get motivated to go up alone.

winter view of one of our neighbors from the porch

My pooper..I know not the cutest nickname for a girl but it stuck and I only called her that in private...swearzz..

Aw I love rotties. We used to take care of one sometimes and we almost adopted her when the owner thought he's have to give her up. (He eventually found a place to live that allowed her.) Your property is beautiful too.

Basically I don't think there is a good way at telling how large a puppy will get when you don't know any of the breeding. I know quite a lot of people who were surprised at either how much or how little growing their puppy ended up doing.

Niņo & Eliza

Check petfinder.org for your area, and I bet you will find a pooch that's needing a home that calls to your heart.

Lover Weim, there and what did your Rottie think of the "neighbor" deer?
    I've Been Frosted

I have been stalking my local animal shelter. I am a bit gunshy as my rotty was with me for 15 years and I do understand the commitment.

Mickey, thought she was a human, she'd watch the deer or the other dogs at the run and stand next to me wondering what all the fuss is about.

Her best friend in the whole world was a tan cocker spaniel that lived upstairs they were inseperable. Like the odd couple, I'll see if i can't dig up one of those pictures.

Thanks for the posts.

I'm really leaning towards a retriever type for my outdoors activities, maybe a retriever/shephard mix.