Thread: Poor Lily is stressed out.

Poor Lily is stressed out.

Lily has never been especially fond of Caly (who has always enjoyed chasing her through the house), but recently she's begun acting as though she's terrified of him. At first she would slink into a room, and if she spotted him she would make a flying leap to the top of the tallest bookcase. Then a few days ago she began spending all of her time on top of the bookcase. When I discovered she wasn't even coming down to use the litter box, I called the vet.

She has no apparent medical issues. Much to my chagrin, she was more relaxed at the vet's office than she's been at home. The poor baby is going to take Valium for a few days, and she'll be spending some time in the bedroom away from Caly, with her own litterbox.

I'm puzzled because I've never seen Caly actually attack Lily. He pounces on Angel and wrestles him around, but Angel just shakes him off after awhile. The chasing thing with Lily has gone on for the entire three years Caly has been here. I can't imagine what he might have done to have frightened her so, because she's never been a particularly timid girl and he's not a big boy.

A complicating factor is that I don't want to cause Caly too much stress (by isolating him, for example) because that would probably aggravate his urinary tract issues.

Ay! I'm not sure whether the Valium should go to Lily, Caly, or me.

Valium is pretty powerful stuff! I just wonder why your vet chose a 'numbing' drug as opposed to Prozac, or even Feliway.

I hope Lily feels better soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aw, poor Caly. My RB Pidge was that way around my RB Peeka. Had I known about Clomicalm then, I definitely would've given it to Peeka. I hope the valium helps the situation.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Lily seems to be doing much better after a couple days on the Valium. Instead of being sleepy and sluggish, though, she's following me around and talking up a storm. She's hissed once at Caly but doesn't seem to be frightened of him. Caly has given her a couple of dirty looks, but pretty much ignores her.

I'm hoping that Lily's anxieties won't return after she stops taking the meds. But so far, so good.