Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remember Me?

Remember Me?

Hi Everyone,
    I hope you are all having a nice summer although I do think a lot of us are a little on the H*O*T side!

I haven't posted in quite some time...I'm always short on time this time of year with yard work, trying to be outside more, etc., but this late Spring/Summer has been particularly trying.

I've lost 2 internet friends, my husbands Uncle has been diagnosed with cancer, I lost my Mom on June 11th and then a friend of the family a couple weeks later.

The last 6 days of my Mom's life was terrible, a bedside vigil of her struggling for some unknown to us reason to stay with us although everyone who loved her visited her and told her she could go if she needed to. She was not unconscious but her awareness dwindled each day and she could not talk anymore. Her passing was a blessing. We honored her with a Philadelphia Flyers themed funeral and repass luncheon. May sound disrespectful to some but if you knew my Mom, you know she'd have loved it. My niece, sister and great niece spent as much time with her as we could and we drove the nurses nuts going all over the floor...can you believe we had 3 family members on the same floor of the same hospital at the same time?!? Two of my cousins were in for less serious reasons.

The loss of our friend was much more heartbreaking than my Mom's loss, however. On May 30th I photographed the wedding of the young couple who had struggled for 13 years with their relationship...they had 2 sons, 11 and 7, and finally felt secure and settled enough that they wanted to make everything legal and "real". On June 30th, instead of celebrating their 1 month anniversary, we were at the funeral of the groom. He fell on his job from the roof of a 9 story building.

Between all this stuff and the heat, I've had lapses of not even turning the computer on some days.

I'm starting to feel more back to normal and with the heat keeping me indoors, I have a little spare time to be on-line.

So I wanted to pop in and say hello and let you all know what has been going on and to say I have not forgotten about you all and this forum!
    ~~Pat: Mom to (L-R in siggy)Philly, Piper, Molly & Kit

Of course I remember you!

Big hugs and condolences on all your losses, especially the loss of your mom. That leaves an enormous hole...

I hope you get some comfort from being here at PT when you can, and that your furbabies take care of you.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That is so tragic about the newlyweds...its beyond words I am so sorry.

Glad to know your doing okay.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

We remember you, of course. Prayers for that family and for you are on the way.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you very much for the thoughts!

The furkids and being able to come on-line to all my many friends is a comfort and a comforting distraction for sure!

Pat, I'm so sorry about your losses and trials. {{{hugs}}} and prayers for peace for you and your family. I'm glad to hear from you and your kitties - keep us posted.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Blog Entries
    Pat, So sorry to read about the passing of your mom & friend. (((HUGs))) The same thing happened with my mom & it was so hard to see but they are at rest now & have left us with lots of warm memories. My dogs helped me get through the stages of mourning too. I remember you too the ice skating fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Pat, I'm so sorry about your losses and trials. {{{hugs}}} and prayers for peace for you and your family. I'm glad to hear from you and your kitties - keep us posted.
    Thank you very much.
    We're moving forward and have a few fun things on the calendar coming up.
    Hopefully any "happenings" for the next little while will all be good ones!

Welcome back to Pet Talk!

I am so sorry to learn of all your losses. Deepest sympathy.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

From a fellow New Jerseyan, yes it has been hot, hot, hot. It actually makes me nauseous at times so I stay indoors as much as possible with a/c blasting.

I am very sorry for your losses, it seems you got hit pretty badly all at once. You have my condolences.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Welcome back to Pet Talk!

I am so sorry to learn of all your losses. Deepest sympathy.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~,
    Pat and cats
    Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    Pat, So sorry to read about the passing of your mom & friend. (((HUGs))) The same thing happened with my mom & it was so hard to see but they are at rest now & have left us with lots of warm memories. My dogs helped me get through the stages of mourning too. I remember you too the ice skating fan.
    Thanks Bonny.
    Yes, the skating fan, that's me.
    Have you heard that Jamie Sale & David Pelettier are divorcing...apparently they've been separated for 18 months already. And I think Scott Hamilton had to have another surgery on his head/brain.

Blog Entries
    I didn't know a thing about any of the three skaters. I fell really bad about Scott Hamilton. He has been through enough & always has been supportive & kind to everyone. He is my all time favorite skater. We can only hope & pray Scott will come out of his surgery & be ok.I wonder if Jamie & David will continue to skate together? Sad news for sure.

Welcome back Pat. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother and friend. I hope that the rest of this year will be good to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

I enjoy your threads, posts, and photography. I hope that you'll be able to pop in more from time to time. Please give all of your cats some scritches and loving for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    I didn't know a thing about any of the three skaters. I fell really bad about Scott Hamilton. He has been through enough & always has been supportive & kind to everyone. He is my all time favorite skater. We can only hope & pray Scott will come out of his surgery & be ok.I wonder if Jamie & David will continue to skate together? Sad news for sure.
    I haven't paying a lot of attention to skating even during the season these days, so definitely haven't got a lot of info on either situation. I did read an article on-line about Jamie & David, though.
    Scott's situation I'm just guessing at from stuff written on his Face Book page. I know someone I can contact and ask, they'll probably have all the inside info.
    As for Jamie & David...I kind of wondered if they'd last and also wondered what was up with them since they didn't skate with Stars On Ice, at least in the USA, last season(the show didn't come to Philly in '09-'10, so I didn't see it). They were reported to have been a couple years ago, then not, then a couple again and married. There was a lot of trash talk about Jamie on one site I looked at, posters there claimed she hooked up with another married man during some skating special, I really have no idea if that stuff is true or not. The more legitimate article I read did say they would remain friendly enough to joint-parent Jessie(their son) and skate together. Time will tell.