Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Making a quiet (hopefully) entrance!

Hi Miki! What a lovebug you seem to be

I, too, prefer having less new threads. Compared to other (very few) French forums I follow, the number of new threads is amazing but they are also quickly given up for a new one of the same member, most of the time.

Thanks Barbara and Sonia. I like the one thread myself. Too old for that ratting around all over the place.

So, I have the time, the pictures, the stories, and seems now, I have the audience. We move on.

Next little guy is the second in line to the title of King Kitty, head of the Clowder, #1 fuzzbutt here at Five Oaks. He was found at the same Flea Market, in the same homemade wooden cage/crate that Buddy Bear was. He was with one other little guy, a little tabby. Miss Lisa went strait for the little yellow fellow, so I, being skeptical of adding yet another mouth to feed, said nothing. Of course the lady didn't have to say much to get the nod of agreement to her question "Can we take her home?"

Her turned into him when the vet did the once-over the next Monday. Whatever Tegar was welcomed into the House of York with no complaints, except for maybe a couple three tentative hisses and half-hearted swats, which turned into major all-over baths and cuddles. For a while there Lisa had to fight to get her new baby in her arms for cuddling.

Miki had taken over the job of raising the little one.

He's 6 years old. His name is Tegar, pronounced 'T Gar'
    (no specific reason for the odd name
    other than the fact that we liked the sound of it)
    He is a fluff-ball snuggle-puss ladies' kitty
    and can put his Small One on cloud 9 in the blink of an eye.
    He's a bit skeptical of curling to me,
    but my lap is fair game any time
    I hit a chair or the futon.
    He's the cat I never wanted but now
    can't live without.
    I never liked yellow cats.

Just a note here: I've lost track of a bunch of my pictures. They are somewhere on the WWW on one of the hidden storage pages of Buddy Bear's Cats' World Web Site or perhaps on one of the photobucket.com photo albums. Never fear, I'll find them, and too, when I have the current folders of recent pix tweaked and uploaded we'll have a whole mess of yellow kitty pix to peruse. Well, actually, a whole mess of pix of all 6 of the Mouskateers of Five Oaks Manor!

Till later .....

"A cat is a very special friend who comes into your life. When it comes it brings warmth, companionship, contentment and love. Whether it's long-haired, short-haired, pedigreed or "heinz" makes no difference."
    ~Sharon Lundblad~

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl
    I am theWizard they call Sergeant Pop[/I]
    BUDDY BEAR'S CATS' WORLD'S BLOG

Next in line in the purring order is 'the Baby', or Rowdy as he was christened on the way home from the Flea Market where we found him. (story is Here)

This microwave has served the Mouskateers
    as an observation post for all the years they have lived
    It's just a bread box now, but it will remain for them
    They can guard the premises looking out the window
    to the right, and the Cat Porch door to the left.
    Makes for a good sun bathing spot on a summer afternoon
    Rowdy sees his sisfurr chasing a big bunrabbit.
    She did NOT catch the rabbit.
    I don't think she wanted to tangle with that one.
    Twice her size

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl

I was going the ask if Rowdy was missing his tail but I saw it as I was hitting reply. Great lookin bunch a kittehs. The ceiling cat impression got me chuckling.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Slick hit the nail right on the head!!!

WELCOME TO PT!!! We have a lot of fun here. If you need advice on anything, there are alot of wonderful, experienced people here that will be able to help.

Your furkids are beautiful!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks for the compliments and the welcome moosmom.

This little lady is Spooky (I didn't name her.)
    Her previous owners hung that name on her.
    She's, to our best guess estimation, 7 years old
    6 of those years she's been with us after crossing the road
    from her old home.
    She has never gone back.
    She's one of the two outside kitties we have.

We call her Princess because she looks and acts so much like our little Rainbow Bridge Girl Princess Ebony who took care of us for over 21 years.

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I was going the ask if Rowdy was missing his tail but I saw it as I was hitting reply. Great lookin bunch a kittehs. The ceiling cat impression got me chuckling.
    Speaking of ceiling cat ......

One day, while the front door was open
    so we could watch the birds on the feeders
    the baby, Rowdy, decided he was
    going to go 'up there' and check out the view.
    Needless to say the Small One had fits
    to get her baby Heathen down
    before he hurt himself.
    I told him "Get down Rowdy!"
    He did!

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl

They're all wonderful, but if I had to choose a favourite, it would be Tegar. Of course, I'm biased. Spooky looks like a sweet girl, too.

I bet Rowdy was interested in catching that cat going around on the ceiling fan. Glad he didn't try, he could easily have hurt himself.

Welcome again to you and your gang.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

They are all beautiful and happy kitties!

All of your cats are gorgeous but like Randi I'm more partial to Tegar. You've gotta love them orangies. Some day I hope to have another orange male in my household but right now the timing isn't quite right. They have the best personalities as far as I'm concerned.

We'll have more of the Yellow Fellow later. Right now I want to get the one last little furrball on. She's the other of the two outside kitties.

This little lady, Smokey by name, was the first
    of the two outsiders to move over from across the road
    bag and baggage.
    She had her first meal, went back home
    and came back the next day with Spooky
    close behind.
    We unpacked their baggage and they moved in
    The car port became THEIR Cat Porch
    and the laundry room with cat door installed
    became their boudoir.
    She is my little shadow, my helper

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl

I have been MISSING, but now I'm back (I think)

As can been seen, I have been missing from the files of this fine establishment for a bit of a while. Many things have happened, most prominent on the list would be that I lost the links here, and, with the excess of places I used to think I just had to be on, I forgot where I went. That added to the shuffling of computer towers.
    We are now working on a gift from a dear internet friend from Texas who saw to it I did NOT become MIA (missing in action) because of a kaput 'puter. (I'm still in shock over that one, but then, there ARE good people everywhere, even on the interwebs!

First thing I want to do, if I am still allowed here, and this still works, is to post a small greeting to one and all .....
    The original picture was picked up from an email we received from one of our Blogspot.com friends, given a bit of a tweak, and we wrote a bit of greeting. Made me think of our little House Panther, MikiCato and his love for climbing high places.

Seems a good many of my pictures in the previous posts are missing as well. Reason for that being we had to close our account with our web site provider (fixed income causes things like that) which hosted all our images. Now we are slowly working up to adding our most used and new pix to Photobucket. Sorry, but I am back, and we'll try to recover those missing pix or at least replace them if need be.
    Yeah, and the signature became a casualty of the same said web site deletion. We are working with a freebie site, which the link above will give you the home link to, if anyone should care to join us.
    I shall be back sometime (hopefully) during or perchance just after the holidays.
    Be happy, stay warm and safe, and don't forget to take care of the outside pets and other critters. They need all the protection and help they can get.
    I'm gone ..... for now.
    Last edited by KnightOwl; 12-22-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl

Welcome back! So sorry you had a "'puter catastrophe" and glad someone is helping you get it straightened out!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome back! Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hey Karen and Catty. Thanks for the welcome back, and hope I didn't flustergate everyone with the continual changes on the last post, and again, on the start post on this thread. I'll have to do some refresher studying on the hows and wherefores of the place.

Hope the season is a good one for everyone. As for me, this time of year has always thrown curves our way, but Lisa (my wife) and I have made it 49 years together. We are scheduled for another 25 years. That gives us plenty of time to make up for the bumps and bruises.

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl