Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Making a quiet (hopefully) entrance!

Thanks again to all for the welcomes. I can see it is going to take me a while to get accustomed to the place, and even longer to get to know all the friendlies here. Being pet owned, I'm thinking there won't be many, if any, unfriendly types, so I won't belabour that subject.

Our trip to town was successful, good reading material was picked up from the local library, and surprisingly, the Lady of the House did NOT bankrupt us when we stopped for a few necessities at the superstore.

Now! On to the introduction of the 6 Mouskateers of Five Oaks Manor, SouthWoodsUSA.

Buddy, our leader and resident senior dust mop, is, at present, dozing within a finger's length of my left hand on the monitor shelf, the other insiders scattered about within arms length. All, that is, but my little guy. The is guarding his Small One (M'Lady Lisa) on the futon in the fun room, where both are taking their afternoon nap. Now don't read me wrong here, these little cats are all My Girls and Guys, but this little one is special to me.

MikiCato, seven years old, a diminutive shorthair,
    is the only member of our family who was searched for.
    All my life I have been owned by black kitties.
    Long hair, short hair, floofy tail, pencil tail
    Something about the sometimes highly disliked Halloween Kitties
    I just can't do without.
    Suffice to say, just prior to the loss of my last Great love, Princess Ebony,
    I went searching and MikiCato found me
    at his first forever home.
    He was less than three months old.
    My shadow kitty

Now I'll take a break from the history of the SouthWoods Clowder and do a bit of roaming around the threads here. Lot to see, and I must say I am enjoying looking.

I'll be back. There are 4 more of my little owners to be presented here, and I wouldn't miss doing that for the world.

Later .....

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl
    I am theWizard they call Sergeant Pop

BUDDY BEAR'S CATS' WORLD

you do have a way of words.. and I kinda like it

lovely kitties, again, can´t wait to hear more of em all.. enjoy your stay.. now out in the public hehe
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

WELCOME, and you sure landed in the right place. Around here, a set of 6 mousketeers is just a "starter set" for some (yours truly included)

Waiting to see more of those friendly faces.

Thanks for that Jen!

We have lost more than a few of the strays, cast-outs, abandoned, and lost cats and kittens we've had visiting/living on our car port (read here, CAT PORCH). The neighborhood has been plagued with good old RedNeck gun slingers that have nothing better to do than shoot the cats others have abandoned when they move out of the trailer homes just down the hill from our acre. Lisa and I have cared for every one that has shown up looking for food and shelter, love and attention. But not being able to keep them from rambling the area searching for their lost families, they have been taken down one by one.

Now there are only 2, and I'm thinking they are residents from up the hill come down hunting for something different than what they have. Money is tight with us, but if they wish to stay, (our two outsiders have already accepted them and share their food and nest/beds with them when they visit) they are more than welcome.

At our age I'm hoping we don't have any more adopting us. We do NOT want to be outlived by our babies. At their ages (all 6 years and older) few, if any folk around here would bother to adopt them.

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl
    I am theWizard they call Sergeant Pop[/I]
    BUDDY BEAR'S CATS' WORLD'S BLOG

Welcome to Pet talk! For sure I will follow this thread to see and learn more about your other furry kids! We love pictures here

Peppito (12 year-old mackerel tabby) and Jasmine (5 year-old black princess) say meowwwww and puurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs to you and your crew, from over the ocean!

Greetings and welcome to PT from Mary and the Fur Posse, which is down to 5. The posse has thinned out over the years but, like you, I don't want my furkids to outlive me, so no more adoptions for me. I've learned a lot since becoming a member of the PT family and I'm sure you will, too.
    Last edited by Medusa; 07-07-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Another genuine catlover - how nice! Welcome to Pet Talk!

You have some gorgeous kitties there. What is a home without them! I'll look forward to read the stories about them all... and see pictures.

I see you live in NE Missisippi, so some of your cats' could be related to the cats' who live with another member of PT (Willow Oak). He has rescued quite a few cats (and dogs) over the last few years. You can read about his rescue stories here, or on his own site, which there is a link to:
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ght=willow+oak

I live in Copenhagen with my cat, Fister, he is 14 years old and the boss in my household - just the way it's meant to be.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Just time to say hello, good evening or something like that. RL is a mite demanding right now.

The cats are all dozing, as is the Small One. Wish I could, but the honey-do list comes first.

Hope the rest of the week goes well for one and all.

And thanks, everyone, for the welcomes to the site.

I'll be back .......

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl

Quote Originally Posted by KnightOwl View Post

I'll be back .......
    And we'll be here!
    I've Been Frosted

Welcome, Roy, Lisa and furry babies!! I LOVE your writing style very much and am enjoying each post. I agree with your logic of not wanting any kitties to outlive you - that is also our logic. I have been posting here for many years, not a speed typist, or very good with words so rarely post, but I DO read

Isn't is funny how there is often one of our kitties who is closest to our heart? Mine is Dylan in my siggy. I will be reading and getting to know more about your family. Blessings!!

Thanks for the greetings. I'm running late. Came in to check the weather, found the browser STILL on (the PC stays on 24/7) and PT percolating along. Left in such a hurry I didn't do what I was supposed to do.

Time to slow down and scritch the kitties I'm thinking.

Just a few more things to go and places to do, then I can settle down. I'm looking forward to browsing the place in more detail. Right now, though, I'll say what I usually say when I've not planned what to say .....

Later .....

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl

Welcome To Pet Talk KnightOwl & Family.. I just love the babies pictures & website.. The website is very nice.. I hope you all will enjoy us here at PT..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Thanks for the welcome lvpets.

Looks like I'm going to be here for a while. This old Duffer done forgot whut he wuz headed out to do. I opened the back door and almost passed out from the slap of the heat and humidity. Surprised me actually, since the temps are only expected to be in the MID 90sF. Humidity is less than 50% as well.

It took a while but I figured it out. Checked the thermometer in here and it's in the low 70s. Gotta reset the ACs.

Anyway, here I am, stranded in front of this stupid monitor talking to a complete new world of people. Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm liking what I read and see very much. I'm used to a set of forums homed on a place called Worldcrossing. We have our own pair of forums, and are members of a dozen or so others. Choices there are over 4,000 strong, although a good many are locked up tight and are marked Private. That bit is just to keep the A$%holes and Gremlins out where we can do the personal pictures and stories.

Anyway, since I'm here, here's a shot of Miki playing on the overhead kitty rail, just above the computer console which is in the center of the room.

Basement Cat goes airborne
    Mischief is the reason
    Evil is the motivation
    Call his name, though, and I get an arm full
    of spoiled snorgling furrbutt.
    I feel loved.

Later .....

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl

A NOTE here:

Hope no one objects to the continual 'bumping' (as you folks say here) of this thread. I, myself, hate to have to remember all the dozens of threads a person could open should s/he be long winded and partial to rattling off in twenty dozen directions. I've tried it on a few pet forums/msg boards on the international circuit and I get just flat danged LOST.

So, unless I get my hand slapped, I be here for the personal blather.

Roy, Sr,
    aka KnightOwl

I think we are encouraged here to rather stick with one thread than opening a new one all the time
    Welcome
    We hope to get the full story of all the mouskateers.