Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: We couldn't live alone- please welcome Orion - new pics #56/57

We couldn't live alone- please welcome Orion - new pics #56/57

I had no idea how tough it would be to have a house completely without cats.
    I came home and my mind wondered where they were. I opened a door and saw a shadow. I woke up and there were no little feet to jump on the bed.
    After some days in which we cried whenever we looked at each other I began to look for Abyssinians on the web.
    In Germany there aren’t too many Abys so there was no chance to rescue one And we knew we couldn’t live without an Aby. So when I saw that a Salzburg breeder had kittens who could leave for their final home in August I felt I had to call there … only to hear whether there would be one available at all.
    It turned out she had a litter of 4 seven months old boys who were without papers meaning they cannot go to cat shows or breed- but who wants that? And one of them came home with us right away. He is a blue Aby- also something we never thought of. His color gave him some new names like “little wolf”.
    It came as a surprise to us as there was no plan. I felt it would be nice to have someone here beginning of winter but now there was little Orion who spend his first evening under the bed and has discovered his new home since.
    He gave us back big smiles- showing how much Filou’s long suffereing and the passing of Tigris had gotten to us.
    Enjoy his first pictures from the balcony:

Last edited by Barbara; 07-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Orion is a big play hunter- so the name fits purrfectly. But he is also a cuddle boy and even a lap kitty.

He was about the most quiet boy of his litter and even was good with the vet- let her look in his ears and his teeth. He has been wearing a harness all afternoon yesterday so we have some hope to go out with him. But first he will have to go for the big snip next week- in Europe many people don’t neuter there cats until they are adult and little Orion looks rather grown up at his back end

Even if I’m sure many people will think he’s a girl

We plan in the next months to find another kitty from a shelter to live with him. But we want him to have the chance to fully get used to us first- and us to get used again to a kitten

GOOD Work, Filou and Tigris!

Nice selection you sent to Mom & Dad ... you Kids picked well!

Hang on, Orion - you've got some really big Kat-prints to walk in!

Please allow us to be the third to con-cat-ulate you on your New Cat Companion!!
    We know that Filou and Tigris Angels ^^ ^^ would be the very first to do so
    What a Little MagnfiCat Orion is , a truly stunning Little Cat of The Future!!
    Head Bumpies , Kitty Kissies and Love from the Found Cat Hotel
    for Orion who has Two Wonderful Cat Guardian Angels watching over him
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Such great news! He is so handsome. I am sure your boys would approve of him. I could never live without having an Aby around, either. There is something about them. They are often interchangeable. So predictable too. Although each one has it's own little purrrrsonality, they all have so much in common.

I hope you have many, many good years with Orion and his soon to be good, playmate.

Congrats Barbara and Siegmar.

What a sweet and handsome boy he is! No wonder you couldn't resist him!

He is the quite the social boy, it seems, and very alert. His ears look so big compared to his face, and in the lap picture, he looks very content and relaxed. Later, I'm sure he'll enjoy a friend to play with.

Looks like he has been checking eveything out already and he will surely enjoy the balcony.

Now, if the breeder doesn't have his birthdate, you must pick a date for his birthday!

Congratulations on your perfect home Orion, and welcome to Pet Talk!

Barbara and Siegmar, I think you made the right choice! Filou and Tigris would surely agree! Happy times ahead!
    Last edited by Randi; 07-04-2010 at 08:01 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Concatulations Orion!! You have found a wonderful home. May you have many happy years with your new family.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Gloucestershire but originally from Scotland!
    WOW! He is absolutely lovely and so handsome!!!

Congratulations, Orion! You have landed yourself in the best possible home!

Barbara, he's such a handsome boy, and already looks quite at home. Thanks for sharing the good news!
    I've Been Frosted

What a beautiful boy! Orion, you have been chosen for a very important mission.. which is sounds like you have already accomplished wonderfully. Tigris and Filou Angels must be so proud!

Welcome HOME, Orion! And congratulations to Barbara and Siegmar!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a darling boy! He looks purrfectly happy and comfortable.

Welcome, Orion--you're a very lucky little guy!

New cat Orion.
    The star shines inside the house.
    Smiles from mom and dad.

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!! Orion

You are just the most gorgeous boy and what happy smiles you put on Barbara and Seigmar's faces - good job sweetie

Barbara and Seigmar,

You have been chosen well - it seems Tigris and Filou have been extremely busy ensuring the right baby was in the right place at the right time - your boys are taking good care of you Orion is a very lucky little Aby and I'm sure will bring you much joy, happiness and entertainment in the years to come.

Please keep us informed as watching this little fellow grow up is going to be a wonderful adventure.

Congratulations to all
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Oh my gosh, he is so SLEEK I can almost feel that smooth coat on my monitor! What an amazing color for an Aby!

Hello Orion, welcome to your PT home!

I am very happy for ALL of you!

He's gorgeous. My favorite of the pictures -