I have an outdoor cat and I just let her in for the night and I found this bump and I thought it was another tick so i checked it out. Nope. It appears to be a dried blood scab, half the size of a dime. It is on his right top side near his thigh.
I didn't feel this earlier today. I thought it was a tick so I picked at it and it started bleeding then I stopped messing with it. I'm sure he felt pain because he ran away from me.
Now, I have this ointment that I got from his vet when he had a abscess on his eye a month ago. The ointment is like Neosporin and works very well. So, I put some ointment on the scab. I will wait for my mom to check it out tomorrow morning.
He also has a scrape near his nipple. Because he is outside so much he is bound to have more issues.
I'm pretty sure this is a dried blood scab maybe from another fight-he gets in fights with other cats sometimes. I didn't see any kind of a bug body so I'm sure it's just a scab.
I don't know how this could have just happened, as he didn't have anything all day. I just felt this 20 min ago.

If this is a scab, do I keep putting the oinment and check what happens? I'm going to see how it is tomorrow and then I'll see if I need to take him to the vet again.
It seems like he gets scrapes and scratches every month.
He has the ointment and a mouth liquid medicine that acts to help cuts too.

Has anyone else's cat gotten scabs/dried blood and what did you do?