Thread: Let me tell you how MY day started...

Let me tell you how MY day started...

My car got broken into last night!!! Nothing was taken and no damage was done. But everything in the glove box was strewn all over the place. When I went out to my car, the driver's side door was ajar.

Out of all the cars in my apartment complex, Hondas, Toyota Carollas, Black Mercedes, etc., they gotta pick my little $hitbox. It's a rolling trash can. When I told my daughter I'd be delayed in coming over, she asked why and I told her. Her snide comment was, "Mom, how can you TELL if anything was stolen, your car is a trash can on wheels." Hahaha. Very funny. Not amused at all.

I called the cops and they came out and took a statement. If I hear one more "Are you SURE you locked it?" I'm gonna hurt someone. I lock my car every single night because of the neighborhood I live in. The cop told me they were looking for either spare change, or GPS systems, anything electronic they can sell quick on the street. Gee, that's reassuring. I'm going to have to have my alarm re-hooked up. I had it disconnected a couple of years ago when it got stuck on alarm and was going off all the time. Turned out it was a bad battery.

*looking up, waiting for the other shoe to drop* what ELSE can go wrong??? My therapist wonders why I walk around so angry and hostile. Ugh!!

No wonder I love my cats more.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh, what a bummer. And the reactions of the police and your daughter sure don't help.

I hope the rest of the day is more pleasant for you! Hug the kitties.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

So sorry.

I didn't let it bother me too much. There was no damage and nothing was stolen so really no reason to get upset. Mostly an inconvenience.

I knocked on a couple of doors on my floor and told the other tenants that if they have ANYTHING of value in their car to either take it out or lock it in their trunk. My next door neighbor said that his girlfriend was parked on the street and someone shattered her back window. I asked her if it was possibly a BB gun that shattered the window. She said there was a small round hole which sounds like a BB gun. She said it went through to the front windshield.

I left my glovebox open to show these dirtbags there is nothing to steal. Hell, steal the dang car, it's a piece of junk anyways. I should be so lucky.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You are very brave and forgiving. My hubby's car has now been broken into 5 freaking times and it has always been a real hassel.
    I am glad you are ok and able to just let it roll off your back.
    How about having your daughter come and help you clean the car out and then going out to lunch and a movie.?

Sorry I missed this - I hope you've calmed down and things are back to normal. Sorry it happened!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

See if your mechanic can install a little red flashing light. It make the car looked armed with an alarm.

When I lived in mississauga several cars all around mine were broken into (windows smashed, things stolen). My car was the ONLY car that had a fake alarm (the flashing light) & it was one of the very few not broken into.

Everyone that goes in my car sees it & when we leave they remind me to set the alarm.. HA! As soon as the car is off the light flashes non-stop. Once the car is on it auto turns off. Its auto built into my car, so I don't know how easy it would be to install just the light.

Trash box or not, it still sucks having your car broken into