Thread: Thank you, Pet Talk - you saved a kitty's life!

Thank you, Pet Talk - you saved a kitty's life!

I had never heard about Feliway until I joined Pet Talk. When my vet wanted to put Oscar on trannies, I asked about Feliway instead, and he was totally fine with it. It worked great.

About a month ago, a man I know came to me, quite troubled, wondering if I could take their cat. The cat in question - a 3 year old named Taylor - had recently been joined by a new younger kitty, a remarkable blend of tortie and tabby named Cleo.

Taylor started peeing and pooping everywhere - even on her meowmie! Poop and pee on the bed, floor. An extra litter box did no good. The hubby clearly loved Taylor, how soft she was, how she always laid on his chair. Taylor had been to the vet, and the vet said it was entirely a mental thing.

I told hubby immediately about Feliway. His wife phoned me later and I gave her more details. Since Feliway is pheromones, I told her, "We know what hormones can do!" and we both laughed.

Today, a month later, I was at their house to do some computer work. There was Taylor, lovely and fluffy. The Feliway had done the job...I only found out today that her PTS appointment was for the day after the husband talked to me.

Both their teen daughters thanked me! LES

THANK YOU, PET TALK!

ETA: Their own vet said they could go ahead and try the Feliway though he didn't know if it would help - I hope their report to him will encourage him to suggest this to others!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

HOLY SMOKES! What a narrow escape!

Love, Columbine

They were really going to have her PTS because she was peeing and pooping? That is sooo sad.
    Thank you so much, Candace, for literally saving that kitty's life!!! Just another WONDERFUL thing about Pet Talk and what we learn (like my thread in General).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Cindy, that was the last thing in the world they wanted to do! They knew no one would take a cat who was peeing and pooping...someone suggested she could be a barn cat, but they realized she had always been a house cat, and would die a cruel death out there! They thought of the Humane Society too, but thought she would be rehomed as a barn cat, same result. They just didn't know what to do! They were stressed beyond belief because they loved and do love Taylor, and had run out of ideas.

They were MORE than happy to try the Feliway. I talked to the wife tonight, and she did say that the vet told her to report on how the Feliway worked. She was going to call them, and I encouraged her to tell EVERY kitty person she knew!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so glad that this story had a happy ending. I would think that most vets would know about Feliway and would hopefully suggest it to their clients for use for pooping/peeing or stress issues. My vet really helped me when I was having some peeing issues. She told me about Cat Attract Litter and this worked immediately. I also used Feliway at the same time. Now I don't have to use either which is wonderful.

Whew! I wish Feliway would work for my Fur Posse but they peed on the dispenser. Whatever works. Sure glad you made the suggestion, Candace.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

A Great Happy Ending and a Great Job by You Candace!!
    Con Cat Ulations from The Found Cat Hotel!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

That is WONDERFUL news, Candace!

Thank you, and thanks to Pet Talk! And God bless all.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Wow, Taylor has not idea how much trouble she was in!

I am glad they at least asked folks for help! Good work, Candace! Bet THIS made you feel better than completing their computer work, lol.