Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My sweet Filou lost his last battle- memorial pictures #52/53

My sweet Filou lost his last battle- memorial pictures #52/53

All of you have been with us during the long years- close to five and a half now in which Filou fought renal failure.
    With a stone in my heart I have to report now that he left us this evening.
    The last two months have been very difficult for him. We thought we would lose him beginning of May- he began to look as if he belonged to the other world already- but he took up eating again.
    We left for a vacation and he had discovered that sleeping with a doggie (my sister's Amber) kept him warm.
    He was allowed to eat what he wanted and he even took to dog food. He climbed us every day- our thighs and hips are proof of that. But he became thinner and thinner- close to 4 lb at the end. He slept more and more and his wonderful sleek fur became ruffled.
    Last Sunday the end phase of renal failure started- he couldn't keep the water anymore. He drank and minutes later it would all run out of him. Trude, our friend and vet said that the next stages would be vomiting and finally vomiting blood. We felt that Filou wouldn't like to go like this.
    So today he had a day in the sun on the balcony, ate an egg yellow and waited on my shoulder for Trude to come. He could spend hours on our shoulders now- no longer jumping. In the last days his eyes sank a little deeper in his head.
    He got the first injection while sitting on my shoulder. When he became sleepy I took him down in my arms.
    He, the prince of Abyssinia, was not scared at all. He went to sleep with his head on my arm.
    He will be buried next to Tigris and there is a rose on his casket. Tigris sleeps in a cashmere scarf and Filou in silk.
    I cannot say how we will survive without them both. How I will survive without this little guy who is a part of my heart.
    I have some pictures from him yesterday which I will post later.
    I hope that Tigris and Miley and Graemer and Dante (these are the Abyssinians) and all the other Pet Talk kitties are together with him now playing.
    Last edited by Barbara; 06-26-2010 at 11:07 AM.

My heart is breaking for you. Know your beloved Filou fought the good fight as long as he was able. He is now with Tigris and is asking you not to cry for him too much. He is healthy and happy and is now one of your guardian angels and he will never really leave you.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Barbara, I'm so very sorry you had to say goodbye to Filou. I know he was your heart kitty. He really was a beautiful boy. Filou fought a brave battle for these past years with kidney failure and you did everything you possibly could, to make him comfortable. You gave him so much love and I'm sure he can still feel it up there on the RB. He will go and meet Tigris first of course, and then get together with the other Abbysinian friends he has there. And he will surely send you a sign.

Barbara and Siegmar, you have my deepest sympahty for your loss. I know Filou will stay in your hearts forever.

I'm so glad I got to meet him.

((((hugs))))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Barbara,

I am so sorry to hear about Filou's passing. He was a beautiful cat who was very loved, and he knew it.

Rip Sweet Filou. Play hard at the RB and give MooShoo and Mollie Rose lots of hugs and kisses from their meowmie.

Love & Hugs,

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Please accept my most sincere condolences. So very sorry for your loss. Dear Filou, rest well sweetheart.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh, I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to you, Barbara and Siegmar.

Love from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Filou couldn't have asked for a better family to spend his days. You have done so much for him, to help him be comfortable, and to aid his in his fight. RIP, dear Filou. Romp at the Bridge!

I am so sorry for your loss.

Another old timer has left us. I'm so sorry, Barbara. Remember the good times.

I'm so sorry. So very sorry.

Filou fought his illness as long and and hard as he could because he loved you so much. He was a wonderful, brave little guy. He'll be missed by admirers all around the world, and he'll never truly leave you.

Rest well, beloved Filou.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Godspeed to RB Filou. Go in peace, and be whole and healthy once again. Play hard, and know that your loved ones will be with you again one day, and you'll never be parted again.

So for now - RIP, then play, play, play until that day arrives.

Barbara - so sorry you had to let Filou go. They are never with us long enough, it seems. Peace and to you and yours.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I am in tears right now. Having gone through this exact same thing almost one year ago. My heart aches for you, but we take peace knowing they are now pain free.

I am sure my Taz will meet Filou at the Bridge and they will become friends since they went through the same experience.

RIP Filou
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I am so sorry for your loss. Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, sweet Filou and say hi to my Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi. They will welcome you with purrs and headbumps.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

We are so sorry to hear about your loss of Filou.
    It is sad to hear of the losss of such a Beloved and Well Cared for Cat Companion, especially one who we have read about over the years.
    I found an Old Cat Mas Card of Filou and Tigris with Santa Hats on , and hae placed it in My Photo Album of Departed Angel Animals so they can come with us , when they wish on our trips to the King's Buffet.
    Filou and Tigris are reunited now in Paradise and together they will find a place where you can all be reunited in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

So sorry to hear of your loss...Its such a hard time.. He meant the world to you and you meant the world to him...That bond is like no other...My thoughts are with you in this difficult time.. I am so sorry to hear this...

*I've been Boo'd*

So sorry of your loss of Filou.. RIP wittle Filou && play so hard at the Bridge..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>