Thread: Does your pet get angry with you

Does your pet get angry with you

for not taking them on vacation with you?

Definately a plausable question! But you forgot to include one response. . .the one that the crazy lady with 11 birds was looking for. . .

I don't go on vacation because of my 11 birds or
    I vacation at home

When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Miss Hoppy used to be mad at me, but not Paul - when we left at the same time in the same car! She'd shun me for at least a day most times, whereas he could pet her almost immediately.
    I've Been Frosted

Smudge is totally laid back about my vacations. But he's laid back about everything - thunderstorms, strangers, he's even OK with the vet (not purring, but not really resisting either). When I put him in his carrier, he'll give a halfhearted attempt to escape, a sad little squeak, and then just deal with it. His sitters always report that he's happy to see them, even independent of the fact that they feed him!

Love, Columbine

My Dog has to travel with me if I'm gone for more then one night due to her allergies & my fear of her dying with me not there to medicate her if she gets into something... Sadly shes that sensitive.

Cam the cat doesn't care. She just wants loving when I return. The rest of my pets prob didn't notice much, except they get to munch on a block & some strange woman isn't staring at them daily lol

Chloe my love...

...is always glad to see me, I am blessed to report. Neither she nor my late Julie ever gave any indication of being angry at me for being gone. I have really been fortunate with both my kitties in so many ways, and I am very thankful.
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

ohh yea! My family recently went to Puerto Rico and my sister came every day to feed my cat and when we got home, we saw hairballs everywhere.
    When he gets stressed, he rips his fur out. Probably not normal but he shows you when he is angry.
    I bought him a cat carrier today so the next time we take a vacation, he is coming with us!
    The only thing is we use American airlines and it's $200.00 for a plane trip so that's why we didn't take him last time.

I haven't been away on vacation for quite a while now because I have cats to medicate and now I have a cat on a diet so I'll be doing staycations for quite a while. I also don't have the extra money for one. When I did go away though my cats were always glad to see me when I came home.

Ziggy is afraid of all humans except for me and my former roommate so if I couldn't get her to come and take care of my cats I fear that Ziggy wouldn't eat and then she'd become sick again.

I thought I had replied to this, but I guess not....

Our first kitty, CK, used to know when we were leaving on vacation. As soon as the door closed, he'd go poop on the fringe of the oriental in the hallway. EVERY time! That was his show of displeasure.

Our second kitty, Jamara, went bonkers when we got home-ran around like a lunatic.

Our current kitty, Pinot, is VERY attached to us. When we get home, she'll first lay down for purrs and back scratches, but when that's done, look out! She will go NUTS! She runs and runs, then attacks my ankles, then runs....you get the picture. She does get upset when we're gone!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh yes my Calitt gets mad at me all of the time = if she thinks that she is not the one & only for attention & if she is not the first to get treats.. She is my very first rescued baby So yes she is the Queen Bee & you had better know it.. Now the other babies sometimes get mad at me on diff things = but not often..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Yes, definitely!

She's like Pinot- clearly lets me know that she's glad I am back with her after being away.

Dear beautiful Ziggy, I am sorry people make you afraid. Please have your meowmie give you a great big hug from me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Lily doesn't really get mad, but she misses me and is always super excited when I come back home.

Tallulah on the other hand, well, last time I came back from vacation, the first thing she did when I walked in the door was hiss at me, so I'm taking that as an "I'm mad at you for leaving me!!!" reaction .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

The dogs get to go spend time with my brother and his dogs, so they don't really care. They have lots to distract them while we are gone.

The cats get to stay home if it's a weekend getaway. But if it's a week long vacation they must go to my moms.
    But Taz used to be mad at us when we got home. He'd want our lovings, but would be a butt about it at the same time.
    Paizly is happy to see us and comes out of her hiding spot quickly to let us pet her.
    Now, we haven't left Jax yet. This year he came with us on our week long vacation and also on a weekend trip. But I can pretty much guess he would be happy to see us. He is very attached to people. He always has to be around people..........ALWAYS. But at least when we leave him he'll be with Paizly. Even though I'm sure Paizly will not be thrilled with that. Hee hee
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh yeah - Myndi and Sparky definitely do. When I go and leave them, even tho son and DIL are here, they won't even eat for the first couple of days that I'm gone. When I do get home, I get the royal greeting from them for a short time, and then they go into their "attitude mode" for a day or so.

My son's cats get upset when their people leave, even tho I'm here to take care of them. I practically never see them the whole time that their humans are gone, except at feeding time!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

We never take vacations away from the home due to lack of funding. But there are occasions that we spend a night or two away and the cats are ok with it. One time I did get to go to Minnesota for a weekend and Alison went looking for me according to my mom.She went to my room and came out with a puzzled look.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.