Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Recipe Thread

I have been so good lately I wanted to treat myself to something totally sick and chocolatey.

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME-you'll have all the ingredients there and will probably eat them all up!

The ultimate S'more.....

Graham crackers, Junior mints, marshmallows and peanut butter.

Jr. Mints are mint 'buttons' covered with a shell of chocolate, you can use any kind of mint chocolate if you can't find a junior mint....

Grab your cracker and smear a thin layer of PB on it, then press the Jr. Mints into the PB, burn your marshmallow, press it into the PB and JMs.....

I ate one and felt guilty. I made another one for a dessert snack after lunch....it was whiskers!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I just can't imagine what that would taste like. Richard, I think it will soon be time for you to go to this thread! http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=142861

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

A co-worker had chicken and dumplings today ...I think I will try that tonight....anyone have a good recipe?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I just can't imagine what that would taste like. Richard, I think it will soon be time for you to go to this thread! http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=142861

I was having a bad day......or two.....

It tasted pretty good and was so sweet I couldn't do more than one!

LOL! I have been at that thread and at an astronomical weight before!
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

I roasted a chikin yesterday and stuffed it with carrots, onion and celery,

I wasn't into the veggies when I cut the bird apart, so I took the drippings, veggies and some water, tossed them into the blender with some chili flakes, salt, pepper and corn starch.

I blended them and tossed them into a saucepan to get the corn starch to set up the sauce.

It was really good and tasty, the only thing that was weird were the smallest pieces of veggies that didn't blend, I guess you could run it thru a sieve if you want good creamy gravy.....

After Reading through this thread multiple times I just have one thing to say:

Richard, marry me.

Gotta love a man who can cook.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    After Reading through this thread multiple times I just have one thing to say:

Richard, marry me.

Gotta love a man who can cook.
    We'd have to get a house with room for two more animals!
    Me and the Edster?

Oh, and you have to like spicy!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

We'd have to get a house with room for two more animals!
    Me and the Edster?

Oh, and you have to like spicy!
    Isis and Bull say, "As long as you're house trained, the more the merrier."

Dustin was a bit more grumbly about it.

Spicy = great!
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Andie View Post
    Isis and Bull say, "As long as you're house trained, the more the merrier."

Dustin was a bit more grumbly about it.

Spicy = great!

LOL, Toss a blanket on the floor and I am there!

Oh, I do more charcoal than propane!

A spring wedding? ANd I'll bake the cake......recession and all?

When I bbq I try to make two or three different types of meat. It keeps me from lighting up the BBQ-charcoal-and I can have BBQ all week.

I made hamburgers, hotdogs and cooked a pork shoulder. the price for one is really cheap- anywhere from 1.18 - 1.38 a pound, with the bone inside! A deal because you can get two meals out of it.

A five pound shoulder will get you pork/carnitas tacos and a BBQ sandwiches..

I take the shoulder, cut it down, rub with salt and pepper, wrap in heacy foil and toss on a BBQ. away from the direct heat for about 3 hours.

For the pork tacos?
    Take about a lb and a half of your bbqed meat. Hand shred it, set aside.

HEat a skillet and add about 2 tablespoons of lard into the bottom, add your meat. During the heating half a lemon and remove the seeds. Squeeze one half into the meet and add the lemon, rind and all to the pan, squeeze the other half in - you can add both halves of the lemon, i like mine with both. As the lemon heats up it will get soft-it will produce more of the lemon flavor if you smash it down as you go.

Your 'carnitas' will start to get browned and the smaller pieces will get crunchy. It's all a matter of taste-

Heat up corn tortillas, toss some meat on and add refried beans, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, monterey jack and anything else you can think of!
    ----------------

Easy BBQ pork sandwiches?

I took the rest of the pork meat I grilled-about 2 lbs- tossed it into a pan with 1/4 cup of bbq sauce, 1/4 cup of ketchup, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and a tablespoon of vinegar.

I them reheated it for 1.5 hours, took a potatoe smasher and 'shredded' the meat that way.
    Serve on warm buns with???

Thought of this thread today.. Made pulled pork for sandwiches. Used a 4.79 lb pork butt, ketchup, bbq sauce, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, pepper, garlic salt, etc.. I let it cook from 9ish this morning until 4:30ish. Was really tasty. Had to take out a lot of fat.. so next time I'll probably try a better cut of meat. Any suggestions? I saw some people use pork loin.

Made bbq beef last week with a eye of round roast. Was nice and lean. But my picky SO prefers pulled pork. Either way.. it beats the pulled pork/beef out of the tubs (Lloyds or Curly's) from the store!

Made some potato salad to go along with it. 6 red potatoes, 2 hard boiled eggs, mayo, dijon mustard, bacon, paprika, sugar, pepper and garlic salt. Was really good. I love a potato salad that I dont have to pick the raw onions out of. =)

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Quote Originally Posted by Seravieve View Post
    Thought of this thread today.. Made pulled pork for sandwiches. Used a 4.79 lb pork butt, ketchup, bbq sauce, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, pepper, garlic salt, etc.. I let it cook from 9ish this morning until 4:30ish. Was really tasty. Had to take out a lot of fat.. so next time I'll probably try a better cut of meat. Any suggestions? I saw some people use pork loin.
    How did you cook it and at what temp?
    Please?

Loin is a little higher priced that a shoulder-Try a pork shoulder! It's leaner but you have to be really careful regarding the way that you have it cut. I like mine with the bone in for oven cooking and bone out for BBQ. I you want to take the time and do a little knife work before hand, a shoulder is nuclear!

Tonight I took the left over shoulder meat that I cooked yesterday, sliced thin into a skillet with the left over bellpepper, onion and zucchini added soy sauce and served it over rice. It was good!

Well I cut it into two pieces to get it to fit in the crock pot. Cooked it for a 2 hours on high and then took it out and separated fat from meat. Then back in the pot it went with all the sauce ingredients. I didnt shred it yet, just left it in chunks. It cooked on high until about 3:30, so about 4 hours and then I took it all out and shredded it... put it back in on low and ate it at about 5:30.

I know a pork butt is part of a pork shoulder... This cut had the bone in it still. Was really a hassle compared to the eye of round last week. Might have to look at the loins.. Might be worth a little higher price to avoid all the time I spent separating meat and fat. All depends on the price I guess.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

Over in the "Plans for Mother's Day?" thread, I said I was bringing a coffee ring:

so Randi asked for the recipe:

This takes a fair commitment of time, so it isn't something you can make last-minute, but is well worth the effort - it tastes even yummier than it looks!
    And is Ma's recipe, so fitting to share for Mother's Day:

Warm
    1 cup of milk to 110 degrees or more with
    1/4 cup margarine or butter.

Beat in:
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    2 eggs

Mix separately:
    1 1/2 cups flour
    2/3 cup dry milk powder
    1 package dry yeast

Beat into milk mixture, cover and leave it alone for 45-60 minutes. Add another 1 1/2 cups of flour, mix very well, cover and freeze (more or less.) Leave it in the freezer until it is all frozen, then put it into the refrigerator for 3 or 4 hours.

Dump onto floured surface, (flour your hands and) knead it until it is smooth and waxy feeling, but still cold.

Melt the other half of the stick of butter/margarine.

Mix together 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.

Roll the dough out as wide and thin as you can. Then cover the surface with the melted butter, and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar out evenly. Roll it up, using a spatula to pick it up carefully if it sticks. Put it into a greased pan, any shape you want*, brush with melted butter. Grease scissors, cut, then tip the pieces over a bit. Cover with plastic wrap, let rise until doubled in bulk.

* If you split the dough into two equal parts, you can make two round ones in pie pans. For Peterson family gatherings, it all goes in one big oblong pan.

Bake at 350 degrees until it is nice and brown and you cannot make a dent it the whitish part in the middle. (Time depends on the size coffee ring you are making, it takes less time for the 8-inch round ones than the giant oblong ones.)

Take a cooling rack, and have your serving plate right near by. Flip it onto the cooling rack then immediately onto the serving dish, so it is right-side up.

Cover quickly with a frosting of a cup or two of confectioner’s sugar mixed with just enough water and 1 tsp. vanilla to turn it into a thickish grey paste. Slather that over the top, and it will melt and form a pretty and yummy glaze. Let cool a bit before you serve, so no one burns themselves. The glazes serves as a nice seal as well, so it is fine to make the day before, just cover it after it is cool.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen! It does seem quite a bit of work, but I'm sure it's yummy. I don't think it's one I'm going to make right away, though. When I do, I'll let you know the result.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.