Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe Thread

Yummy!!

Oh my...there sure is alot of great food to be eating here!! The only problem is they all sound soooo tasty that I don't know what one I should try first Great recipies everyone!!

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

Since it's that time of year again for food, I thought I would bump this thread up for some Thanksgiving recipes and more holiday treat ideas!

I came back here looking for the cheesy potatoe casserole recipe since I wanted to make it for Thanksgiving this year. So yummy!

**hugs**

A great idea to bump this up, but, since the thread is so long, how about dividing the recipees up in groups? I started one called "Recipees - Soup" and one or two others, I think. Let's make sure they're all called something "Recipe" so they're easy to find.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Kulicski or Kolicski

Hello,
    I am looking for a recipe with a Kulicski cookie. I don't know if I spelled that correctly. My friend who does not have a computer asked me to look it up. The cookie has cream cheese and you fold it up. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Thanks, Monica

Rhubarb and cinnamon cake.

This is a very delicious cake, makes a lovely big cake,one you can be proud of, just like a slice of cake you would buy in a cafe for about 4.50 a slice, i have made it twice and both times it turned out perfect.

serves 10

50grms butter or margerine.

One and a quarter cups of firmly packed Brown sugar.

1/3 cup of sour cream.

1 Tsp vanilla essence or extract.

1 Tbsp milk.

2 eggs.

1 and three quarters cups flour, sifted,white flour.

Half a tsp of baking soda.

1 tsp cinnamon.

300grms (3 large stalks of rhubarb) cut into 1cm pieces.

TOPPING

2 tbsp raw sugar

1/4 tsp cinnamon

Heat oven to 160 c. Grease and lightly dust with flour a 20cm springform cake tin.

Place butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl, and beat with electric mixer until pale.

Beat in sour cream and milk,then beat in eggs one at a time, stir in the dry ingredients and rhubarb.

Spoon mixture into prepared cake tin and sprinkle with the topping ingredients mixed together.

Bake for one hour 15 mins or until skewer inserted into cake comes out moist and but clean.

Cool in tin for 15 mins before removing onto wire rack to cool completely.

NEVER eat this cake hot, as the rhubarb will taste very sour, but wait and it is beautiful,believe me this is the best cake ever..
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Bump

Hey all,

I had started a recipe thread but Karen showed me this one that's been around "forever" haha . I will cut and paste my mexican chicken recipe here...

Mexican Chicken:

Buy a packet of guacamole mix (powder) and avocados
    Boneless chicken breasts or tenders
    Portabella mushrooms
    Tortilla chips
    Salsa, optional

Broil or grill the chicken (add salt, pepper and cilantro if you like to season)
    Make the guacomole according to the packet instructions
    Saute the portabello mushrooms

I serve it with the mushrooms as the first layer, the chicken on top and then a spread of guacamole with tortilla chips and salsa on the side but you can have them all separate on the plate too.

Delicious and simple

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Rhubarb and cinnamon cake.
    Good to see the return of this thread - and it's now rhubarb season in this part of the world. I may have to try Carole's rhubarb cake recipe!
    I've Been Frosted

I made this soup yesterday. And it was really good. I really didn't expect it to taste the way it did! It came really close to the noodle soup I buy at the local chinese food place!

IT's one pot and really easy to make!

I cup diced onion.
    I jalapeno pepper
    two shrimp flavored bullion cubes
    Three boneless chicken breasts, chopped.
    one frozen package mixed veggies.
    Two packages of ramen soup mix
    water

----------

Take soup pot and put a few tablespoons of oil to heat
    Put in onions and jalapeno pepper in to saute'
    (Seed and vein the pepper-it will barely be noticeable in the soup-if you like heat add another!)
    Add about four quarts of water, the bullion, veggies and chicken - let the water heat up.

Cover and simmer for about 30-40 minutes.

About three minutes before time runs out, add the ramen noodles WITHOUT the flavor packets!

The noodles will absorb water so you can add more water or only add one noodle package. I like the noodles so I added more water and two packets.

---------

When you serve it add a dash of soy for saltiness and you are golden.

The flavor really surprised me and I was pleased at the taste!

With a few additions- can of water chestnuts, shrimp instead of chicken, or an egg in the 'egg drop soup' style- it would be a really good easy soup to make!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    ...two shrimp flavored bullion cubes...

Hmmm, I've never seen this in the stores. Must go looking now.

Thanks, Richard!!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLee View Post
    Hmmm, I've never seen this in the stores. Must go looking now.

Thanks, Richard!!!
    Knorr make them-they come in a green and yellow box.

Please let me know how it turns out....You have to watch the water...I guessed as to amounts because that was the first run at it!

In case anyone wants to figure out conversions of meassures for the recipes, see post 78.

PS. Can anyone help me find a thread I made for Conversions of all sorts, including valuta exchange etc. I think I used the word "Useful" in the title.

Karen perhaps?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Can't remember if I've posted this one or not, but it's actually going to be our Sunday night roast. I normally serve it with sorbaise potatoes & steamed vegetables. But any veg with actually do.

Trev’s Maple Beef Fillet with Baked Onions

Ingredients:
    1 to 1.5 kilo of beef fillet or whole rump.
    12 small onions
    Salt
    Fresh ground black pepper
    3 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
    200ml of maple syrup

Gravy:
    2 tablespoons of plain flour
    ˝ cup of dry white wine (use something that you would drink. A good excuse to open a bottle in fact)
    1 cup of beef stock
    Salt & fresh ground black pepper

1) Pre-heat oven to 120C – 150C. Put beef in a large baking dish with onions. Season with salt & pepper. Mix mustard with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Spread over beef, to coat well. Pour remaining syrup over onions. Place in oven for about 15 mins, you want to get a crust on the beef. Cover with foil. Bake for 3 hours approx basting every hour. Leave of foil for the last 15 mins. Ovens vary so always check beef whist cooking.
    2) Gravy: Mix flour with 3 tablespoons of pan juices. Place in a pan over a low heat. Add wine & stock & stir until thickened. Season with salt & pepper.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Uhmm, that sounds yummy, can you come and cook it for me? You can tell I'm hungry, right?

The recipe is for quite a few people though, but you can always use less of everything.
    Last edited by Randi; 08-30-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Uhmm, that sounds yummy, can you come and cook fit or me? Can you tell I'm hungry?

It is for quite a few people though, but you can always use less of everything.
    That will generally feed between 6-8 people, which is my preferred limit with dinner parties

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

What ever happened to Nomilynn?

She seems to have fallen off the face of the earth!