Thread: Blizzard in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Blizzard in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska

Sharing with you a video made by one of my co-workers the morning after we got blasted with a blizzard with gusts of wind up to 80 miles per hour.
    Luckily, no one was hurt. But, the storm came on us so quickly that people were forced to stop in the road because they could not see the road in front of them. I'm told close to 200 people spent the night stranded in their vehicles. As they ran out of fuel, they ran to the next truck to stay warm until that truck ran out of fuel.....

This video is the morning after as a convoy of vehicles is finally able to get through to head back to camp passing the stranded vehicles. (The snow plows had been able to get through to move the snow drifts so that buses could get through to pick up the people). The video starts with a little narration but then some loud music starts. Just warning you so your speakers won't blast you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQiq...ature=youtu.be
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Wow, at least we have had plenty of warning for all the storms we had this winter, and they don't come on that fast!
    I've Been Frosted

Wow! That's bad. I guess our 6 inches of snow Sunday wasn't so bad after all!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh my God. I'm so glad nobody got hurt.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery