Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe Thread

Originally posted by RICHARD
    a recipe hint

I have recently started to use kosher salt in the kitchen.....when the box ran out I borrowed some 'regular' salt and almost died.......the bitterness of the iodine was to much....When i replaced the kosher salt I did a 'taste test' and found that there is a world of difference between the two......

It made a big difference in some of the recipes I make!
    Are you going to post any of those recipes?

We use Maldon sea salt, but I'll keep an eye out for kosher salt. Thanks for the tip.

I'm making warm chocolate and hazelnut brownies with chocolate pouring sauce on Sunday night. If it works, I'll post the recipe If it doesn't, I'll sit in the corner and eat the raw dough on my own
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I Spy with my little eye a CHOCOHOLIC, named nicole would I be wrong or right??
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    I Spy with my little eye a CHOCOHOLIC, named nicole would I be wrong or right??
    A day without chocolate is a dull day indeed
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

It sure is Nicole, but today i think I have seen enough of it, I have been making hubby his banana chocolate carrot birthday cake, covered in a layer of milky white chocolate and then chocolate icing, you can guess who had to lick the bowls, and spoons, and who feels a little sick......one chocoholic kiwi.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Carole, Nicole, you are making me very hungry for chocolate. It has been sooooo long since I have had anything chocolate!

I need a chocolate fix!!!!!!!!!!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Oh Willie I would gladly share some chocolate with you, if i could, coz right now I feel like hugging the toilet bowl, too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

Mind you by tomorrow I am almost certain I can help hubby eat his cake and share his cadbury favourites (chocolates) lol he he, to heck with the diet!!!!

You better go to the store and sort out your fix willie!!
    Furangels only lent.

ggg

this is so nice and helpful, i think i'll be trying a few of those recipes!

RICHARD, maybe the iodine doesn't taste good, but it is very important for the body (thyroid gland).

Im going to try alot of these.

But I *NEED* to add something so you all don't think we are living in some sort of ice age...(sorry if this has already been said) Margarine AND Butter comes in sticks/blocks in Canada, not just tubs, and milk also comes in cartens, not just bags...actually I have never seen a bag of milk.

I have also never seen the margarine in the picture someone attatched, so maybe it's not "Canadian" margarine, maybe just the part of Canada your from?

Sorry if I seemed rude but Im from Canada and I don't want you all thinking we don't have sticks of margarine or cartens of milk
    Last edited by DogLover9501; 05-07-2004 at 12:29 PM.

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Thought I would *bump* this up! The soup threads got me to thinking about this thread, so I searched for it and found it (big mistake! LOL) to look at all the recipes that have been posted, and now I'm starving!
    I have copied all of them into a document that I called "Recipes from PT Kitchens!" LOL LOL

This is a real simple casserole I tried and just love it!!

1 pound lean ground beef
    3 cups peeled and thinly sliced potatoes
    1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    3/4 cup milk
    salt to taste
    freshly ground pepper, to taste
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef; drain fat.
    In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
    Alternately layer the potatoes, soup mixture and meat in a 11x7 inch (2 quart) baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until potatoes are tender. Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking until cheese is melted.

I usually use more potatoes and not so much of the soup mixture because when it cooks it tends to all run to the bottom so I mix the mixture all up and use about half
    Hope you like it!!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

That cheese cake sounds extra yummy!
    Too bad I don't like to cook but I will pass it on to someone who does and maybe they will make it and I will get some of it..lol

I don't know any good recipes, but I hope to use some that are on here! Great recipes guys!

At KAK's request ...

I made a simple chocolate cake for KAK's birthday, and she was kind enough to request the recipe. (I'd warned her it was from my WW group and a low cal, but tasty, way to celebrate...)

Cake:
    Chocolate cake mix (I used one with pudding package, pick one you like...)
    16 oz. canned pumpkin
    1/2 to 1 cup water [Original directions call for 1/2 cup but it was too dry; I needed almost a full cup to make the batter consistency smooth enough to mix/pour properly.]

Topping:
    1/2 container of low fat Whipped Topping (i.e. Cool Whip...)
    1 pint of blueberries, washed, drained and chilled

Whip cake ingredients together to a smooth batter consistency. Pour into a greased (I used PAM butter spray) Bundt or Angel Food pan. Cook per instructions on cake box. (Temperatures and times vary per mix chosen.)

Test cake for done-ness with toothpicks. When done, let cake cool. 'Frost' cake with low fat Whipping topping.

Sprinkle cake with a favorite fruit or berry prior to serving. I used chilled blueberries.

[Hope this recipe isn't too disappointingly simple. It makes a very RICH, tasty, fudgy chocolate cake though. And at much lower calorie/fat count than most cakes on the market.]
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

More requested recipes...

I served this Herbed Cheese Ball as an appetizer. My sister prepared one just like it at Thanksgiving and I FLIPPED for it. YUM! It was still tasty after I modified almost every line in the recipe...

Herbed Cheese Ball

Herb measurements approximate...

1 TBSP fresh oregano (I subed 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
    1 TBSP fresh rosemary (I subed 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
    16 oz brick cream cheese (I subed fat free cream cheese)
    1/2 c. shredded Cheddar (I subed a blend of white cheeses)
    1 TBSP lemon juice (I skipped this. Couldn't get lid open!)
    1/8 teasp. salt (I used a dash of salt and added some Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper herb salt substitute and dried parsley flakes)

Minced almonds to taste (I bought almond slivers; mixed them with pecan bits and halves....)

Mix first six ingredients thoroughly. Roll into log or ball; roll in almonds.

Chill before serving. Serve with chips or crackers.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/