Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cataholic's herd

Cataholic's herd

Here's kitties:

There is only one thing that I like better than a tux kitty and that is bunches of tux kitties! I love that photo!

WOW! Thanks JLB!!!! She transferred my kitties from another site to PT! The only thing my cats like better than food is freshly grown food in the form of grass! They go totally nuts over that, and I have to supervise the activity less I come out to a porch covered in dirt, and cats covered in dirt. The picture doesn't represent the noise that accompanied that feast! So much 'chompin'....

Thanks so much Jen!

OMG they are so cute!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

What a great picture!! They are so cute!!
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

That's such a cute pic. I don't think I've ever seen so many tuxes at once. It's like a prom picture or something.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Definitely a black tie affair - great pic!
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Great picture. Thanks for sharing.

TF!!! A prom picture? A black tie affair? Those are such great descriptions! Just think, when Minnie gets on board, I will have 3 pairs of prom dates!!! I wonder who will choose whom?

Oh my goodness! That picture is amazing! I thought it was staged!!

Too, too cute!! Thanks for showing it to us!

Love those tuxies!! There is one downstairs that LOVES to sit on the fence and top of the garages and just greet passer bys from his perch...they are such fun cats!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Awwww! Cute pic! Cataholic- I'm sure you've said it before, but i must have missed it. How did you come to have all tux kitties?

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

What a great shot! I love it. Your kitties are so beautiful. I've a weakness for black kitties and tuxedos... as evidenced by my pair. Here's a pic of them, or you can view their website by clicking on my www button.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That picture is sooo cute!! It's a kaleidoscope (sp?) of kitties!!

Originally posted by Chinadoll
    Awwww! Cute pic! Cataholic- I'm sure you've said it before, but i must have missed it. How did you come to have all tux kitties?
    Wow, how did I miss your question? What a purrfect opportunity to gush about my cats!

Well, Tex was soooo accidental. In 1991, I went to Neady Cats (a no kill shelter in Massachusetts), and wanted a non-kitten. There he was seven months old, and ready to come home with me. I took one look at his face, and his perfect markings, and I was done. His 'real' first name was Tux...but I wanted to rename him, but not confuse him..so it became Tex (and you all thought the state thing was planned).

Then, fast forward to Ohio...I moved in Feb 1995, and happened to tell the vet I wanted a friend for Tex, since I was going back to school- I thought he would need some company. I mentioned a b/w..and sure enough, days later, one was dropped off to the vet. That was Georgia (and yes, the state thing was started).

Fast forward 7 months, maybe 1996, maybe, then came Tennessee...dropped off at my mom's school. I had told her "no more cats"...and she called, and I remained firm, up until she said, "and he is b and w".

Then, fast forward four years (2002)...I was stupid enough to tell my girlfriend, who rescued a pregnant stray, "I will take a b/w kitten if she has any"..this was a solid white mother. Guess what? She had 4 kittens- one black, one white, and TWO tuxedos. That is Alabama and Dakota.

Then, just this July, same friend told me she (actually her boyfriend), found the perfect addition to my herd...a cross between Dakky and Tenny...and that is Minnesota- the semi feral one.

So, at some point, it became a purposeful acquisition, but not entirely intentional...if that makes any sense...I did have to laugh when the first stray to show up at my house in two years was a Tuxedo...I thought I had become a dumping ground for dominoes.

Thanks for giving me the perfect opportunity to tell all about the herd!!!!!

Cataholic sounds like you are running your own Tuxedo rescue! There are rescues for specific breeds like Siamese rescue so why not Tuxedo rescue! I love the stories of how you acquired all of your kitties quite by accident never on purpose.