Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I always destined to have my heart broken by a Siamese?

Looking at these pics make tears come to my eyes. They look so much like my apple head Simon that died.

I dreamed once I had him still and I picked him up to hold him. He was so wonderful to hold. Soft and just the right arm full. He would also rub his face on mine and hug my neck. My other cat is lovable but so tiny I can't hold her that way and she would never just jump up on me to rub her face on me.

I guess we all remember our special kitties and none other will take their place anyway. Simon will always be Simon and none other will replace him. They all have their personalities.

Janelle being a HUGE fan of the Siamese breed...I agree they have to be a little bite more sensitive to certain things. I have had the great opportunity to be blessed with 4 Siamese 1 which we had to PTS at the age of 6yrs and 1 at the age of 5yrs due to FIP. The current 2 that live with us are truly the most devoted creatures on the planet.

Pricilla our first was an amazing animal she truly taught me what it meant to be "loved" by a cat. Chloe our second was by far the sweetest little meezer anyone could ask for.. Again wouldn't take that back for the world... I swore that I couldn't do that to myself again...I love them for their love and devotion its more than any other animal I have ever known.

We now have Paris 4yrs old recently had an issue with her Pancreas and is now on Pepcid due way to much acid in her stomach and only eats canned food and Chicken baby food. She also has stomach and vomiting without her meds. Nikki our 1 yr old so far so good!

But knowing my past I can only thank the good lord above for each and everyday I have with them..I have not owned an animal that is anywhere near the magic that comes with this breed. They are just different and the loyalty is just more then I could ask for.

Paris happens to be "MY" Kitty and I have gone as far as having her admitted to the University Hospital to save her not once, but twice. With countless amount of money spent at the point it didn't matter my life would be lost without her...She is my life... But I have to say I don't think I could ever replace my past Siamese with my recent ones but the love and devotion I experience I wouldn't change for anything. I would definately consider getting another one again because they are amazing breed.

You are completely right the love and devotion they present is like nothing you can ever explain....Give your heart a little bit of time to heal...But don't deprive yourself the love of another.... The new kitty will NEVER replace the love you once had for your kitty but they just might have a way of wiggling their way into your heart...

I didn't think it could happen but it has not once, but twice... Health problems or not the breed is amazing...So sorry to hear of the loss of you kitty its just sooooo hard to have to go through...your kitty coming back to you in your dreams is your kitties way of saying...."Hey mom! I made it to the bridge and I will be here waiting until we meet again one day I don't have pain anymore..." Be thankful, many do not have that chance to be revisited. Only Pricilla has done that with me... But she knew how destroyed I was when she became ill... Give your heart a chance to heal and maybe consider another one maybe from a rescue... Best of luck and I am so sorry for your loss...

*I've been Boo'd*

When the time is right, I think the right kitty, Siamese or not, will find you.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Thank you for all your comments. It helps me to think Simon is waiting for me and he is happy now without pain.

My Siamese Coco Puff is part Burmese and after a shaky start, he's now healthy as can be. Our furkids never live long enough for us b/c we want them to live forever but the joy that they give us never dies. Enjoy whatever time you have w/your next furbaby.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

No cat ever lives long enough, I can tell you that. So you might as well get the breed you love.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

My herat breakers have been Black Cats, I had Tubby Two for about a year when he passed away , and my attempts to rehome Ebony Beau Tubster The Earl of Ebony and Ebony Tubbete have ended in sadness.
    Now My Tubster Panther is missing.
    I hope that Sardines and Chicken Breasts will bring My Gentle Giant a running!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS