Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to help little Phoenix Destiny to poo...

Trying to help little Phoenix Destiny to poo...

Poor little Phoenix is having a very difficult time pooping. I went to a vet hospital to get some Laxatone and they wanted $17 for a tube!!! I finally went to Pet Supplies Plus and got a tube. Spent my last $10 so she can make a poo. *sigh* This motherhood thing is tough. But I love watching her grow and thrive.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You are rubbing th warm wash cloth on her bottom to help her go? Aw, poor baby.

I've been using cotton balls. I've gone through 4 bags of them so far. She's peeing fine. But getting her to poop is really worrying me.

I'm going to try and use the warmed up wet washcloth (it's actually a soft piece of fleece) method. I've tried submersing her bottom in a sink full of warm water while massaging her belly. Didn't work.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Phoenix Destiny pooped!!!!! UPDATE 6/23/10 9:30 a.m.

I called the vet this morning. She HAS to go, but can't. I've given her Laxatone in her bottle, and even put some on her tongue. I don't understand it. I put her butt in warm water again and massaged her belly. She was squealing it hurt her so much.

I THOUGHT of putting a tiny bit of olive oil in her formula. But with a kitten this young and fragile, I want to do what's right to help her get regular again. Little Phoenix Destiny has wiped me out financially.

UPDATE:

I've upped her feedings to every 2 hours because she needs the moisture. I just gave her some more bottle and she was straining so bad to go. I saw a little poo stick out of her rectum and, (brace yourself) "helped" her along by getting that first little marble out. She pooped 3 more marbles!!!!! She's now sleeping again.

I was going to add extra water in her formula, but she wouldn't be getting the nutrients she needs.

SUCCESS!!!!!! So far.
    Last edited by moosmom; 06-23-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    She pooped 3 more marbles!!!!! She's now sleeping again.

I was going to add extra water in her formula, but she wouldn't be getting the nutrients she needs.

SUCCESS!!!!!! So far.
    Terrific!!!

I have used a very small syringe of warm water to give bottle-baby kittens an enema before. Not the most dignified thing to do but it certainly helped

aTailofTwoKitties,

I thought about doing that. I just don't want to hurt her. I think more frequent feedings (every 2 hours) will get water into her and possibly moisten up her poos. If not, I just may have to do that. Just a little warm water to help her along. Her poos are so hard. It breaks my heart to see her so uncomfortable.

I tried submerging her tush in warm water and massaging her behind and belly, but it didn't work.

Here's where the sleep deprivation is going to come in again. If I was working, I'd NEVER be able to do this.

The things we PTers celebrate. LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Donna I just read this. I went through the same thing with Lucky. I gently ran my finger down his belly, after several strokes we had poo. It took me a number of times to get the length and pressure right. I would also mix the kitten formula with goats milk every other feeding about 2 parts formula to 1 milk.
    GILL & Crew;

Well, I gave my first kitty enema a few minutes ago. I used a syringe with some Vaseline on it (thanks Tailof2kitties) and maybe a drop or two of warm water. Then I plopped her butt in a bowl of warm water and began massaging her belly and butt. I could believe how fast it worked!! It was easy and she was SOOOO relieved. I don't mean to get graphic but she pooped out almost 3"! No wonder her belly was so big.

At least I know HOW to do it in case this happens again. Poor baby. She now full and sound asleep.

Success!!!

aww.. now she can rest... yay for pooping babies!..lol
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

" yay for pooping babies!"

WHERE ELSE WOULD WE HERE THIS? ROFL
    Good job meowmie. Once again the PT family to the rescue!

Claudia

Yay, so glad this wee baby has been successful in the pooing department, along with much help from meowmie Donna, BTW Donna i must have missed something here, where, what ,who is phoenix Destiny,? ok i know she is a kitten,how did you come by her, direct me to the post if you need to, i want to know it all.

Keep up the brilliant work Donna, you are a worth your weight in Gold girlfriend, HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

My sister in law recently fostered a kitten who would. not. poop. She was one of six, and all of her siblings died. It was eventually determined that the litter was affected by a virus which slowed down the peristalsis (contractions) in their intestines, affecting both digestion and defecation.

What it eventually took to save Acacia was several weeks of enemas twice a day. Hopefully little Phoenix won't need such a drastic regimen! I mentioned Acacia to you because I wanted to let you know that after a few weeks' worth of enemas when she was really teeny her intestines did eventually start contracting correctly and she was a normal little kitten!

OH HAPPY DAYS great work Donna
    GILL & Crew;