Thread: Peeing inside?

Peeing inside?

Sadie's having troubles again. For the past month or so, she's started peeing inside. At first it was just once in a while, but it's gotten to the point where she's peeing on the carpet or rug every night. My mom took her to the vet and I believe they put her on meds for a UTI [she had one last year and they just did the same thing]...but she's still peeing inside. She's been on the meds for about 6 days...when will they start working, if it's a UTI?

Another thing - she has little tiny lumps, about a cm wide on her body. I've found 3 so far, 2 on her chest and 1 by her tail. I don't know what they are but when we take Sadie back for her check up we're gonna have the vet look at it.

Sadie is 6 years old and was perfectly potty trained up until a few months ago [aside from her prior UTI].

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be, if it's NOT a UTI?

My mom's getting veery tired of cleaning up for Sadie every morning [and even some afternoons, and it's noon and my mom's cleaning one up right now]...
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

It could be a reoccuring UTI or crystals in the urine - take a urine sample to your vet, or have them get one.

The longer the problem goes on the more likely it is to become a habit, never take the 'wait and see' approach when it comes to inappropriate elimination!

Cats sometime will snub a litter box that they've used faithfully in the past - All you ever wanted to know about litterboxes

Stress can cause a cat to stop using the litterbox - hence why my cat Cami has to live in a room by herself now.

Make sure to clean each pee spot with an enzyme cleaner - I have great luck with Nature's Miracle (I even use it to clean my garbage cans!)

Hope some of that helps.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022