Thread: My boy's bad day *pic*

My boy's bad day *pic*

Jasper's day has gotten off to a bad start. We got up early to go to class, and he was doing great! We've been working on "sit out of motion", and last night it finally seemed to click! My trainer said he was having trouble thinking of exercises for us because Jasper's picking up so quickly on what we're teaching right now. So he sent us to work out on a dirt patch among some boulders where chipmunks like to hide...the chipmunks are one of the toughest distractions we've had to conquer.

But apparently chippies aren't the only thing that likes to hide out there. After a few minutes of good work, Jasper abruptly stopped listening to me and sat down to lick his foot. When I looked closer I saw a HUGE ant hanging of of the base of his paw pad! He licked the ant off quickly, but he couldn't bear weight on his foot and the pad swelled quickly.

Bad mommy! I always carry Benadryl with me, but I'd run out recently and hadn't refilled the container!! So straight to the white coats we went! When he walked in the door and realized where he was he tried to bolt. Our wonderful vet saw us right away and gave him an antihistamine injection. then, since we were there and he needed it done, she emptied his anals for me.

After that I took him home and gave him a BIG breakfast. After all, we've only been up for two hours and already he's been stung, had a shot, and his bum squeezed! I think he's earned the rest of the day off!

Here he is laying behind my desk chair recuperating. He's finally stopped licking his foot, so hopefully that means the pain is fading.

Awww, poor Jasper! Give him a kiss from me!
    I've Been Frosted

Awww, poor guy!! Give him hugs from me too!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

awww poor little guy

Poor Jasper!!! That sounds horrible! Dogs do NOT like getting their bum's squeezed, nor their paws bitten at ALL
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Hugs and kisses delivered! The swelling in his paw has gone down and he's sleepy but otherwise ok now. I'm letting him sleep for now, we'll go out again once it gets cool out...and we'll stay away from dirt patches!!

Awee Baby Boy please dont look so sad.. Your day will be getting better..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Jasper, Mom didn't plan it this way; the day started out GOOD! And it will all end up fine as well. Just that, sometimes stuff happens, buddy. Glad you are feeling better!

Aww poor baby. Feel better soon.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I'm happy to say that the swelling in his foot is 100% gone, and he's walking on it normally now!

That's great!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Poor Jasper! Good to hear he's doing better.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

ahhh poor Jasper!! I don't blame him for having a bad morning!! i would have been freaking out also! Chippies are like a HUGE distraction for Heidi also. It's like she becomes crazy woman around them. hahaha. Well at least he is doing well!!

I'm sorry that this happened but I'm very glad to hear that he's doing much better now.

Hello Jasper! Long time no pictures, eh? I'm glad that your paw is feeling better.

Niño & Eliza