Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats can be so arrogant

Cats can be so arrogant

With the adoption of Sammy and Danny whenever they come on my lap, especially when watching TV, my DSH Tortie Tiara, will jump off from my lap and leave in a huff. She is the lap cat of my furkid family. Then she will lay in the windowsil or on my bed. But never will she share my attention with another cat in my lap.

.........wayne

Miley has the title Wayne

Wayne, you think you have an arrogant cat, well, Ms. Miley takes the cake. She has gotten over it quite nicely, but there for a while, Gabe could not even sit near me and Miley would be GLARING AT ME. I really don't think they are as arrogrant as well think. I think they are insecure really. They do have such funny mind sets, don't they?

I bet it will settle down.

She'll get over it, if she wants your lap, that is. Actually, mine would have batted the heck out of the newcomer trying to take over the lap. But sooner or later, the new one sneaks up and they lay together.

every time I introduce another furkid into my family, they all get along with the newcomer except Cookie and Fawn. Usually they will hiss at them but not attack. The only one who warded off the more aggressive was Amy with her loud "scrowel" , and I do mean loud She still does this every once in a while, especially when Nickolai tries to get too friendly with her. she is a "loner" and even now that she is totally accepted by the others, she will still sleep and eat by herself -purposely avoiding the others. It seems as though that the only one whom she will eat with is Tiger.

..........wayne

With mine, Fern is the loner. She won't do aything with the others around. I am convinced that she would do better as an only cat. Monte is head "honcho" but Biddy did his best to over throw him when he first got here. Now they co-exist fairly peaceably. Lucas is the cat every cat loves and Calvin is the cat that loves every other cat. Jasper is the one that follows the newcomer around. He has the suspicious mind. And sterling is always the most threatened of a newcomer, but then ends up being play mates with them. Amber is the arrogant one. Actually, she is a snob. Rutherford never has an opinion. etc.

Wayne0214,

Didn't you know that the arrogance you're speaking of is called a "tortietude"?? Every tortie I've known has it including my own, Mollie Rose.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

last ight, while watching TV, all three of them acutally laid on my lap and went to sleep. So, I suppose it is only a matter of them getting used to each other.

Otis still has diarrhea. Even now he is on my lap but it is necesssary for him to lay on an old towel, because of the leaking poop, that he apparently cannot control. It is getting more difficult for me to give him his meds. He just closes his mouth and will not take any more of it. I am trying to isolate him at feeding time and give him the Iam's Science diet only. But sometimes he won't eat that either, but opts out for the canned food that I mix with Friskies dry, that is fed to the rest of my kids. Otis rear end is obviously sore, you can tell by the way he walks.

.........wayne

Has Otis been checked fo IBD (inflammatory bowel disease)?

Wayne, I'm sure that in time that your new furkids Sammy and Danny will be accepted. Some cats like to always be the center of attention. This is true of my Sunny. Even though he's the youngest and the last cat that I adopted, he feels that he should get the most attention. When I talk to or pet Storm or Pepper, Sunny will start meowing very loudly to get my attention. He'll even run over to me so that I'll start petting him. Storm is the alpha cat and Sunny knows this so he knows when to back off. Good luck. As far as Oits is concerned, I would at least call the vet or take him back to the vet since his diarrhea is still there.

taking turns

My fur kids take turns. Seldom have two at once shared my lap. Maybe one on each side of me as I pet one with one hand and the other with the other or else on a bed with me in the middle.

Originally posted by moosmom

Didn't you know that the arrogance you're speaking of is called a "tortietude"??
    A very good word, "tortietude" I think that says it all.

jen. I had him to the vets' last week. They told me that he has some kind of bacteria in his gut. That he sould be over it in a few days. I believe that the diet that I have been feeding him is the cause of the diarrhea. Now I am feeding him sicence diet kitten food, and the poopies are starting to clear up. I am thinking the best thin for him now is to put some weight on him. He is so thin. Otis looks better this morning, however.

..........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 10-09-2002 at 09:40 AM.

"Tortietude" says it all!!! When Basil sits on my lap...Noel GLARES and runs away as well....
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I know this conversation hasn't seen activity for a few days, but as a newcomer I am just catching up.

The "tortietude" perfectly describes my one cat and never being a multiple cat owner or having this type I am new to this "attitude". My husband is convinced the cats communicate telpathically. For example the tortietude's little sister isn't allowed in the bedroom to sleep at night. During the day is another story, but we can bring her in there at night and with a look from the "tort" she will run out as though her tail just got stepped on. She is seriously scared to death.

The little sister (who is a black and white short hair) loves to sit on my lap, the "tort" will just sit and glare and run off in her huff when I try to pick her up or pounce on her when our bounding time is over.

I never heard of this "tortietude" before so I guess I am glad to hear we are "normal".

Hi kittymom,
    I am just learning about "tortie-tude" myself. I've had a lot of cats, but never a tortie. As a matter of fact, my first calico was a recent addition as well. I think she kind of qualifies as having a bit of an attitude, especially when it comes to trying to pet her. She ducks and wiggles away as if to say "EWWW, I don't know where your hands have been!"