Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My precious cat Koko

My precious cat Koko

I am devastated you guys, I had to put my best friend, my Seal Point Siamese kitty Koko down Friday night. I had him from 6 wks of age to 18 yrs, 1 month. He was my best friend, and saw me through three family deaths. So I feel like my last link to my husband and parents is gone. He had been declining for about a year, became just literally skin and bones (13 lbs in his heyday to 5 1/2 when he died). The final diagnosis was colon cancer; he couldn't even use the litter box anymore; would strain but nothing would happen. I feel so lost without him; this is the first pet I have ever had to put down. Up until last weekend he was doing as well as he always was, but they tried to put in an enema to get him cleaned out (this happened somewhat frequently lately), but couldn't even get it to go in this time. When they took an ultrasound, that's when they found out about the colon. It's been two days now, and I still have my crying jags whenever I realize that I will never see him again. How have any of you handled this situation? I am so upset and shattered to lose him. Barb
    Barbara

((((HUGS))))) Barbiecat. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

our condolences. You will be in our prayers, he had a good, long life with you!
    I've Been Frosted

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    ((((HUGS))))) Barbiecat. I am so sorry for your loss.
    Thank you so much for your reply. Barb
    Barbara

Koko

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    our condolences. You will be in our prayers, he had a good, long life with you!
    Thank you so much; it was a long life, but selfishly I wanted even more. I doubt I will ever love any future cats as much as I did my sweet Koko.
    Barbara

I know what you're going through as we lost our Max yesterday. We have to let ourselves grieve and mourn for our lost loved one, but also take joy in the fact that we had them as long as we did. No words can make it hurt less so I won't even try, but I'll say a prayer for you and your Koko and remember you in my thoughts.

I am very sorry for the loss of your precious Koko. I know it hurts a lot, I have been through it twice.

I am so very sorry. Deepest sympathy to you and all who love him, on the loss of your darling Koko. May your precious memories help to bring you comfort and peace. What a wonderful long life you and he have shared!

He is a beautiful Angel now, strong and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge, where he will welcome you Home.. One Fine Day. Love never dies, and you and he are together always.

Last edited by phesina; 05-13-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Dear Barb,

It is with a heavy heart that I read this about your dear Koko. I know he was your kitty and how much he was loved. All I can say is cry your eyes out until you can't cry anymore, then think of the good life you gave him and how many kitties will never know what it is to be loved the way Koko was loved. It took courage to do what was right for Koko and know he is pain free. Give Nugget an extra hug and know you are in my thoughts.

My Grace recently had rabies and feline distemper shots and something is terribly amiss. A week after the shots she is now blind, can barely walk and having great difficulty standing. I think it is because of this she is barely eating and drinking. She is also having accidents on the floor and doesn't seem to be able to make it to her litter box. I am holding onto hope but the reality is I think she is in the dying process and it is heart wrenching to watch.

If you have an extra prayer, Grace could sure use one.
    Glenn

So sorry for the loss of your little friend!

It's devastating. And it hurts so much sometimes. I'm so sorry for your loss! What helped me was that I realized just because my little buddy was gone it didn't mean I had to stop loving him. It's been almost a year and a half and I still love him, always will. I can't hold him physically anymore but I always hold him in my heart. Koko will always be in your heart.

I'm so sorry about Koko.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am crying with you. While you may never get over the pain of losing your kitty, it does get easier. I promise.
    When I lost my Taz I cried my eyes out almost every night for a good month. I thought about him ALL the time (and still do, actually).
    Nothing we can say can take away your pain. Just know we are right here with you and know exactly what you are going through.

Hugs to you!

RIP Koko
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am so sorry about your Koko. RIP, sweetie, you were so loved.

I know well your pain. We put our 18 year old Jamara down - good Lord, it's been 12 years ago - and I never thought we'd get over it. You cry and cry; everything reminds you for a while. Then you find something else - another toy, an old dish, you cry some more. It hurts. It will lessen; you will find peace with it, give it time. We're all here for you and know what you're going through.

Maggie
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by renopithicus View Post
    I know what you're going through as we lost our Max yesterday. We have to let ourselves grieve and mourn for our lost loved one, but also take joy in the fact that we had them as long as we did. No words can make it hurt less so I won't even try, but I'll say a prayer for you and your Koko and remember you in my thoughts.
    I am SO very sorry for your loss too; I know I did everything I could for him over the years, but having to make that last decision was so terrible, yet I knew there was no other option. How sad for both of us.

Koko and Grace

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Daddy View Post
    Dear Barb,

It is with a heavy heart that I read this about your dear Koko. I know he was your kitty and how much he was loved. All I can say is cry your eyes out until you can't cry anymore, then think of the good life you gave him and how many kitties will never know what it is to be loved the way Koko was loved. It took courage to do what was right for Koko and know he is pain free. Give Nugget an extra hug and know you are in my thoughts.

My Grace recently had rabies and feline distemper shots and something is terribly amiss. A week after the shots she is now blind, can barely walk and having great difficulty standing. I think it is because of this she is barely eating and drinking. She is also having accidents on the floor and doesn't seem to be able to make it to her litter box. I am holding onto hope but the reality is I think she is in the dying process and it is heart wrenching to watch.

If you have an extra prayer, Grace could sure use one.
    Glenn
    I am saying a prayer for Gracie, I know how much you love her and you really don't need to lose her so soon after losing Buddy cat. After what I just went through, you know that I know what you are feeling right now. So so sorry to hear this.