Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sassys story...

Unhappy Sassys story...

She found me, one evening, as I was coming home from a walk. But I don't want a cat! Ok, I'll give you some balogna and some milk and you have to leave. I don't want a cat! Ok, so you can sleep in a box on my porch for tonight. But now I can't go to sleep worrying you might be in the road. Ok, so you can stay in the basement, one night and then out you go. I don't want a cat! In the morning, I didn't want to check on you. As I ate my breakfast, a tiny paw was moving under the basement door. But I don't want a cat! Ok, so you can stay in the garage while I work today and I will find you a home.
    That evening, I walked you door to door to find your owner. Each neighbor said you didn't belong to them and when I asked if they wanted you, the doors closed in my face. I must find you a home! I don't want a cat! Surely my big dog will kill you and you will eat my guinea pig!

Well, turned out that big dog loved you and you were best of friends and you even loved the guinea pig. I even got you a friend, another cat. Over 10 years later, you where still here. But I didn't want a cat!
    So now, cancer takes you away from me, much too young. Cats can live so much longer. You truly lived up to your name. You were the wildest kitten ever! It was easy to see you adored me, maybe because I took you off the street, even when I didn't want a cat...

Sassy was PTS this morning. I don't know what I'll do without her. She was one cool cat.

I will always love you Sassy. I will miss you. 8/5/99-5/24/10
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'm so very sorry you had to part with Sassy. She was a beautiful and much loved kitty who will be terribly missed. You did everything you could for her, up to the final humane act. Peace.

Play well at the Bridge, sweet Sassy; come visit every once in a while and let your family know you're doing well and will see them again.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Beautiful cat - her face is so wonderful.

You lost her too young - but had her much longer than if one of those people you went to had taken her. You would always have wondered...

Play happy at the Bridge, Sassy - and please purr in your mom's ear tonight to let her know you are ok.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    RIP Sassy. You certainly were loved.

Even tho this is a sad time, I sit here smiling (thru some tears), at the way you presented her story. I can almost picture her determination in those early days. as she wiggled her way into your home and your heart.

Thank you for giving her a wonderful life that she probably never would have known without you. Peace and comfort to you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh, God bless you and be with you. I am so sorry to learn of Sassy's passing over to the Rainbow Bridge so early in her life. She knows just how much you really love her and how deeply she has wormed her way into your heart.

She is with you always, your love is eternal, and you will have a joyful reunion, One Fine Day..

Rest in peace, beautiful, beloved Sassy. Your Meowmie misses and grieves for you so much.

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and ~~~~~PURRS~~~~~ from Pat and cats
    Last edited by phesina; 05-24-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh no! Annette I can't express to you how so very sorry I am. She was so lucky to have you in her life as you were to have her. (((HUGS))) You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
    I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
    I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
    Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
    Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
    And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
    Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
    My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
    And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
    That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
    'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
    And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
    We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
    So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
    If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I am so sorry to read about Sassy. She wormed her way into your heart, where she will stay forever and ever.

Oh my what a lovely story, I don't think I ever knew how Sassy came to be with you. I am very sorry for your loss, it is so hard to part with our furiends. RIP Sassy, you were one in a million!

I am also smiling through tears. She was a beautiful kitty, and I'm sure will be deeply missed by the entire household.

RIP Sassy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Well, Sassy taught you, didn't she? She taught you that cats choose us and not the other way around. I didn't want any more cats either but somehow I wound up w/8. I'm sorry that you had to part w/Sassy; she was such a sweet looking gal. Your heart will hurt for a while but you'll be together again one day. Until that time, RIP, sweet Sassy and peace to your human.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

What a beautiful and touching story about you and Sassy.
    The little Kitten who came in froim the cold and made herself a beloved Cat Comapnion, making friends with her Canine Companion and winning her Meeowmies heart.
    Sassy was at the King's Buffet and as she made her way to the head table, a plate of her favorite food was served and noone ate until Sassy started, a sign of respect.
    What a Great Cat you are Sassy and we know that you will let your family and Cat Friend know that you are all right, and will find a place in Paradise where you can all be reunited in love.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry for your loss. May lovely Sassy RIP You had a special name, just like my Sassy and I hope you're happy and healthy once more at the Rainbow bridge pretty girl.

What a heartwarming story. I'm so sorry to hear that she's now passed on. Now she's pain free and playing up at the Bridge and I'm sure she's already made many new friends. RIP sweet Sassy. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Thank you all for the warm condolences. I can't believe she's gone. Yes Sassy 'wormed' her way into my house and my heart. I'm so glad she did.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

(((hugs)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..