Thread: I am officially an editor!!

I am officially an editor!!

That's right, I'm the new Lifestyles Editor for my school newspaper AND I'm going to the MIPA Summer Workshop this August which is 5 days of JOURNALISM awesomeness!

Technically me being lifestyles editor won't begin until next year, but we've put out all the issues for the 2009-2010 school year so I'm just ready to start my editorship.

Our newspaper also got a Spartan Award at the MIPA Spring Conference (all the school newspapers in Michigan) which was the highest rating possible. Of the 70+ newspapers that applied, I believe only 15 or so got the Spartan. And we only had 16 staff members! At the MIPA Spring Conference, we got 23 Individual Awards, which is the most my school has ever gotten. I won two of those! Well...three cause one was to the staff of our newspaper.

Here I am holding my awards:

EEP! I am soooo excited! At the meeting we held after school for all people interested in joining the newspaper next year, my teacher introduced all the editors and I got to stand up and get applauded 'Twas a good day.
    in on the joke and i cant stop laughing

Congratulations!
    I've Been Frosted

Congratulations! Well done!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations and way to go!!! I love to see good, hard working kids like you get the recognition you so rightly deserve. Keep up the outstanding work. The seminar really sounds interesting and I'm sure you'll do well and gain so much from the experience.

Are you interested in a journalism career? If so, this is a great start. Please know that you have my full support and my very best wishes for success in whatever you decide to do.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Dear Lifestyles Editor,

Congratulations on your awards! Best wishes! (you can't see me but I am giving you a standing ovation at my desk )
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congrats Melanie!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Congratulations on your well deserved honor. Be proud and continue to shine.

8. Congratcies to ya!

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Congratulations and way to go!!! I love to see good, hard working kids like you get the recognition you so rightly deserve. Keep up the outstanding work. The seminar really sounds interesting and I'm sure you'll do well and gain so much from the experience.

Are you interested in a journalism career? If so, this is a great start. Please know that you have my full support and my very best wishes for success in whatever you decide to do.
    MIPA is amazing - in 2 years my newspaper adviser will actually be the president (right now she's the VP) and it's for all the school newspapers in Michigan. It's pretty neat to get together with a bunch of other newspaper nerds...you learn a lot.

Actually, I'm not planning to go into journalism at all. I took Journalism 1 as a filler class, then took the newspaper (journalism 2) cause my teacher told me I was good at it bahaha. But who knows...maybe I'll end up headed in that direction. I have no idea where I wanna go/what I want to do, so I guess technically being a journalist still has a fair chance.

^-^ thanks everyone!!

We're also considering adding in the position of a Copy Editor, which is basically 2nd in line to the Editor-in chief. I find it a completely unnecessary position, but I'm gonna probably apply anyways, hahaha. I just have to figure out WHY I want it (we have to tell the class then we're voting). -_- I'm not good with why's.

AND - the class roster for next year is up to 21 A few weeks ago, we were looking at having 12 people on the newspaper staff, putting out a monthly 16 page newspaper bahaha. 21 is MUCH better!

Very cool!

I didn't realize you were in Michy! My sister, a HS Junior, went to MIPA as well! I think she got two honorable mentions. haha She originally wanted to go into journalism, but now wants to be an elementary school teacher, I guess.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Congrats!

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
    Very cool!

I didn't realize you were in Michy! My sister, a HS Junior, went to MIPA as well! I think she got two honorable mentions. haha She originally wanted to go into journalism, but now wants to be an elementary school teacher, I guess.
    she went this year? hehe I probably saw her, then. Just as long as she doesn't go to Utica, it's all good I got 2 honorable mentions and a 3rd place

thanks!