Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted to Share a Story.........

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    *makes not to self*; read your own post before posting. no matter how much of a hurry you in. LOL i had to come back an fix my post an plus add on to it later cuz i wasnt dont adding stuff in.

yeah i hear ya. theres a lot of people i would like to smack around these days for being disrespectful to animals. as well as people. *sigh* but at least ya mades it through it all an got to show two little girls that your dogs are actually good dogs. an have the right dogs so that some people think twice about acting deviously around you or loved ones. i wish Kirby gave that sort of protectiveness impression. but no such luck LOL

he used port folio type of paper. it be tougher than usual paper. LOL nothing like seeing a green an yellow eared dog.
    how long is it till his ear will stand up by itself,, do ya have any idea?
    lol Vette, I love to show kids how to approach dogs, with Penny being a certified therapy dog, I can take her into classrooms to show kids this, she is soo good, next time I go I will make sure to take lots of pics so you all can see. Any child that comes to my house learns the rules and manners to act and approach a dog. And Phoenix just looks big and scary, lol. But he would really hurt someone if they got to close to the kids , person or dog or bear or cat, lol.

lol they make tape of different colors now, I actually have to go buy some new tape today, I'lltake some pics of the different colors And his right ear is still giving me fits, so it is gonna have to be posted for a while or he's just gonna have a floppy right ear, silly dog. But not sure how much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    To make a child fearful of something, your OWN child, is just horrendous! To make them fearful of a pet they see regularly is beyond nuts. Of course this will come back and "bite" them, even if it takes until the child is a teen or adult to see what they did. DUMBER than DUMB!

I am thrilled you have had the chance to correct this so soon!

Great photos. Now, Demon played with those 2 little ones for an hour and . . . NOT ONE of them looks tired! Oh my, the energy of youth, he heee.

(I trust you will teach the girls to always ask before petting other dogs; seems like you will know to do this, but bears stating for other readers, I suppose).
    Oh Freedom you are soo correct, I cannot stand the father to either, the little girls or their mom, both are worthless people, sorry but htey are. And I can't wait to hear what he says when the girls go with me to a fun show and show off their ribbons or trophies they won for showing my scary dogs, lol.

I had to correct it, it was my dogs they wree terrified of and the little one even more so cause she got bit by her aunt's chihuahua. And oh the joys of youth, they weren't tired, they played for another 30 minutes and all came in and crashed for 20 mintues and wanted to go back, lol.

Oh yes, of course, they also know not to run around the dogs or chase them or take anything away from them unless they have asked an adult and the adult does it for them. I taught them how to pet them and feed them treats and all that good stuff but yes thank you for saying something

Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post
    You would go insane with many of the people in my building. I don't know how many times people have screamed because they saw Digi in the elevator & shes not even on the so called "Aggressive Breeds List". Their screams are deafening too

There are a lot of International People (I don't know their race(s), sorry) in this building & many of them fear Dogs. But there are a lot that are at least a first generation Canadian & they are raising their kids not to fear such things. I've held Digi like a baby many times for the wee ones to come touch her... Most are scared to death of her head, so I stretch out her spotted leg & they like touching it.. I also flop her over oddly so the little ones can touch her tail, as its really long & hairy.. They like that too... After a while of petting her the parents & I encourage them to touch her ear.. thats when she tries to lick them & we turn it into a silly giggling game... Digi loves the kids & the kids love her too.. Just takes time with some as they come from places where dogs are not friendly or clean animals.

My Hindu friend is normally scared of Dogs as she had been chased & nearly attacked by the wild dogs back in India... But as long as I hold Digi like a baby, she'll pet Digi out of respect, as she knows Digi is like a child to me.

When I see people step back from Digi, I know they are scared of her.. Thats when I pick her up like a baby & invite them into the elevator... I find more will come in if I hold her, then they also ask questions about her & pretty much after that, they always come into the elevator with us & say hi to her its quite rewarding
    lol King, I do understand that some people just don't know, Penny has changed more than one mind about this breed, her being an epileptic I am on this list, I have a friend that has a Border Collie that lives in Canada, she is sooo awesome, anywayz, she told me that my APBT's have completely changed her mind about this breed, where she comes from up there, drug dealers and bad people own them and make them mean, I have shared many pics with her thru e-mail of the kids and dogs and she is always in awe that they are so good, I have never pushed my dogs on anyone but I have educated many with all of them. My red boy Phoenix completely changed my grandmas mind, is actually one of my fave stories to tell.

Should have seen my 70 year old grandmother bent over in the window of my car and my 80lb pit bull licking her whole face and her laughing like a school girl. She told me for years that my dogs were gonna kill me in my sleep and rip my throat out, when I cleared my throat she leaned back out of the car and said "What, how can you resist this face?" she grabbed his cheeks and playfully roughed him up a bit and leaned down for more sugars

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

Quote Originally Posted by apbtmom76 View Post
    Should have seen my 70 year old grandmother bent over in the window of my car and my 80lb pit bull licking her whole face and her laughing like a school girl. She told me for years that my dogs were gonna kill me in my sleep and rip my throat out, when I cleared my throat she leaned back out of the car and said "What, how can you resist this face?" she grabbed his cheeks and playfully roughed him up a bit and leaned down for more sugars
    hehehe that is a cute story as well hehehe

Reminds me of the time my friend & I were taking one of the guard dogs (rottie) out for a walk as he had been on duty all day & needed to stretch his legs with his fav young humans (us). Cezar was about 200lbs & was VERY stocky with a huge block head. He was scary looking all on his own, but he was a softy & loved his rub downs

On that walk, like most, people would flee from him & refused to walk anywhere near him. Their loss... All of a sudden this 4' tall thin old lady(she had to be in her 80's if not older) does some baby talk to him & he starts to get all wiggly. We had stopped to let her pass & she came up to him & grabs his huge droopy lips... Shes squeezing them & giving him kisses on the nose.. He had the rottie butt wiggles the whole time & she was giggling, kissing him, petting his head (it was bigger round then she was) & talking to him like a baby... They were both in heaven that day.

Quote Originally Posted by king2005 View Post
    hehehe that is a cute story as well hehehe

Reminds me of the time my friend & I were taking one of the guard dogs (rottie) out for a walk as he had been on duty all day & needed to stretch his legs with his fav young humans (us). Cezar was about 200lbs & was VERY stocky with a huge block head. He was scary looking all on his own, but he was a softy & loved his rub downs

On that walk, like most, people would flee from him & refused to walk anywhere near him. Their loss... All of a sudden this 4' tall thin old lady(she had to be in her 80's if not older) does some baby talk to him & he starts to get all wiggly. We had stopped to let her pass & she came up to him & grabs his huge droopy lips... Shes squeezing them & giving him kisses on the nose.. He had the rottie butt wiggles the whole time & she was giggling, kissing him, petting his head (it was bigger round then she was) & talking to him like a baby... They were both in heaven that day.
    awww what a great story, and I love Rotties, such awesome dogs. Is nice to have a dog that looks intimidating, but big ole softies underneath But elderly love my Penny though, but yeah my grandma leaned in my car and my big ole mean vicious pit bull licking her face, I died laughing, just glad I had witnesses

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com