Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted to Share a Story.........

Wanted to Share a Story.........

So I wanted to share a story, not sure why, but some of my best pics are of my dogs with kids. So this is a story of my crew and a certain set of kids. Now these kids, I have known their mother since before they were ever concieved, when the oldest one was born, Phoenix was her constant shadow, til the father of the girl wanted to control the mother's life and told the little girl that my dog was mean and he was gonna bite her, 13 months later the second little girl was born, Phoenix never got to meet her til she was over a year old, due to the little girl being premature, anywayz, everytime the mother and little girls would come visit, they sooooo badly wanted to come in and see the doggies but everytime any one of them got near them they screamed bloody murder. This just broke my heart, cause I could tell it was upsetting Phoenix, he LOVES those kids.

So fast forward to present day, the mother and her two daughters are living here with their grandmother/mother, who is our roommate, yes the house is quite full, lol. When the girls first moved in a few months ago, they asked me every day "dogs' not gonna bite me?" I would admantly tell them NO they wouldn't, towards the end I told them if they asked me that again that I would bite them, they finally quit asking Yes I did say that to them. Anyway, I also tried to let them help me do as much as possible with the dogs, I am also teaching them respect and manners towards a dog The oldest one is my protege (sp), I cannot wait to take her with me to a dog show for Jr. Handler's class SO with out further ado, here is the oldest of the two girls with my three vicious tongue slobbering your face pit bulls

Penny & Villayna -

Penny, Orion & Villayna -

Phoenix & Villayna -

And just for added measure, here are both girls with Demon after they had played fetch with him for more than an hour -

~thank you Krista for my siggy~
    www.k9bsl.com

Nice story. Loved the first pic of Villayna. She is a gorgeous dog.

This makes me so mad! People just assume pit bulls are mean and will bite because of their breed. My brother has had numerous pits and they are the sweetest dogs in the world!

I'm very glad your story has a happy ending though! The pics are great!
    Fabulously Fierce Pets
    Fabulous Finds for Your Favorite Furbabies

I absolutely love that first picture. It really shows the love pit bulls have for children. I think that picture needs to be on a million posters advocating the goodness of this breed. That picture is just gorgeous. It brings a tear to my eye.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

5. Wow. you have a lot of patience. im not sure how i would take people acting like that toward my pets but glad they came around in the end.

the pictures of them with the dogs are so sweet especially the first picture.
    the last one made me laugh,, the picture on Villayna shirt is almost perfectly centered between Demons ears. Dobes make for good picture framers LOL

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Nice story. Loved the first pic of Villayna. She is a gorgeous dog.
    Thank you happylabs, Villayna is the little girl, but Penny says thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by FabulouslyFierce View Post
    This makes me so mad! People just assume pit bulls are mean and will bite because of their breed. My brother has had numerous pits and they are the sweetest dogs in the world!

I'm very glad your story has a happy ending though! The pics are great!
    Oh FF, the father of the two little girls and the father to the mother both did this, they did it so the mother would not bring the kids over here due to the fear they had instilled in them. All of my dogs have been raised around other dogs, kids (big & small) and cats as well. My red boy, Phoenix would lay his life down for any one of the kids that come to my house, he loves them all.

Thank you, like I said some of my best pics of my dogs are with kids in them

Quote Originally Posted by MonicanHonda View Post
    I absolutely love that first picture. It really shows the love pit bulls have for children. I think that picture needs to be on a million posters advocating the goodness of this breed. That picture is just gorgeous. It brings a tear to my eye.
    Thanks Monica, I have something up my sleeve for this pic and a few others that I have, when I do I promise to let you all know. Villayna and Penny have some weird communication ging on, she is the only small child besides my 6 year old niece Jillian that Penny will listen to unless they have food, Penny isn't really a cuddler with the kids but Villayna will sit for hours and just pet her, Penny loves that, lol. I want to frame that pic Thanks girl

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Wow. you have a lot of patience. im not sure how i would take people acting like that toward my pets but glad they came around in the end.

the pictures of them with the dogs are so sweet especially the first picture.
    the last one made me laugh,, the picture on Villayna shirt is almost perfectly centered between Demons ears. Dobes make for good picture framers LOL
    In all honesty, I soooo very upset when they first came and acted that way, so when they finally moved in I knew it was gonna take some time, but now I know they will have no fear but respect for dogs and that makes me happy. I am not a patient person by any means, but if I can train horses and dogs, I can teach kids to behave around animals and know they won't hurt them It bothered me, I knew it wasn't healthy for them to fear my dogs, but all dogs like that.

lol yes it is, Demon's ears have finally come out of the posts but we are gonna have to keep something in the right ear to keep it posted, thank you for breath rite strips, lol.

www.k9bsl.com

It's so sad a person would make their children afraid of dogs. Good to see the little girls are ok with your dogs now.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

The first picture -- well, all of them, but especially the first one -- should be in a book or a calendar! And Demon, how fun for you to have not one but TWO people to play fetch with, I hope you three will be playing together every day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What precious pictures!!!! Just goes to show you that pitbulls are TRAINED not BRED.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

10. I believe you may have more patience than me as it would take some serous restrain to keep from smacking someone if they acted like that around my pets.
    i think you did really well

LOL nothing like a fresh rested ear cuz of a breath rite strips
    do they last quite a while?

never woulda thought of using those. thats pretty ingenues

neighbor of mine used to use band aids but first wrapped it around some paper so it wouldnt be sticky to his ears. they seemed to work well for him
    Last edited by Vette; 05-21-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Those pics made me laugh and cry at the same time Beautiful dogs and gorgeous little girls! Good job!!

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    It's so sad a person would make their children afraid of dogs. Good to see the little girls are ok with your dogs now.
    Oh A, it is sad, but it makes me proud when the girls see their grandpa and tell him all about Phoenix and the other two as they call them, lol. The girls love my dogs, and it helps that I have taught them to respect dogs and not be fearful. THanks

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    The first picture -- well, all of them, but especially the first one -- should be in a book or a calendar! And Demon, how fun for you to have not one but TWO people to play fetch with, I hope you three will be playing together every day!
    lol I have something in mind cassiesmom, thaks it is one of my FAVE pics of Penny with a kid. Oh and these two girls, well the older one Villayna, he listens to but none of the other kids. He know she will play with him and can throw the ball, lol. And we play fetch for about an hour every evening after dinner. They all enjoy it soooo much

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    What precious pictures!!!! Just goes to show you that pitbulls are TRAINED not BRED.
    awww thanks, and yes they can be trained, but I do have one that is highly DA to other male dogs, and Penny can be a bit cranky with females, she is alpha of the pack amongst the dogs, lol. But they are bred to be DA, but never ever HA. And all of my dogs were raised around kids. If any of my dogs, including Penny ever, EVER growled, snapped or lifted a lip at any of the dogs ( there are circumstances that this is not requried) but I would not for one second think to put that dog down. I can NOT have a biter in my household. I crate and rotate due to fights among Phoenix and Orion but my ouse runs very smoothly and we all like it this way. Everyone gets equal mom-lady time Oh and tons of equal kid time

www.k9bsl.com

I believe you may have more patience than me as it would take some serous restrain to keep from smacking someone if they acted like that around my pets.
    i think you did really well

LOL nothing like a fresh smelling ear cuz of a breath right strips
    lol Vette, trust me it took everything I had not to beat the crap out of the father and grandfather. But they both know that my dogs would hurt them if they laid hands upon these kids, they both have a nice healthy respect for my dogs, all of them. But thank you, I do appreciate the words

lol at the breath rite strip, it seems to be working gotta get more tape to keep it in place

Quote Originally Posted by MoonandBean View Post
    Those pics made me laugh and cry at the same time Beautiful dogs and gorgeous little girls! Good job!!
    Thank you sooo much MB, my whole crew loves these two girls something fierce

www.k9bsl.com

To make a child fearful of something, your OWN child, is just horrendous! To make them fearful of a pet they see regularly is beyond nuts. Of course this will come back and "bite" them, even if it takes until the child is a teen or adult to see what they did. DUMBER than DUMB!

I am thrilled you have had the chance to correct this so soon!

Great photos. Now, Demon played with those 2 little ones for an hour and . . . NOT ONE of them looks tired! Oh my, the energy of youth, he heee.

(I trust you will teach the girls to always ask before petting other dogs; seems like you will know to do this, but bears stating for other readers, I suppose).

I believe you may have more patience than me as it would take some serous restrain to keep from smacking someone if they acted like that around my pets.
    You would go insane with many of the people in my building. I don't know how many times people have screamed because they saw Digi in the elevator & shes not even on the so called "Aggressive Breeds List". Their screams are deafening too

There are a lot of International People (I don't know their race(s), sorry) in this building & many of them fear Dogs. But there are a lot that are at least a first generation Canadian & they are raising their kids not to fear such things. I've held Digi like a baby many times for the wee ones to come touch her... Most are scared to death of her head, so I stretch out her spotted leg & they like touching it.. I also flop her over oddly so the little ones can touch her tail, as its really long & hairy.. They like that too... After a while of petting her the parents & I encourage them to touch her ear.. thats when she tries to lick them & we turn it into a silly giggling game... Digi loves the kids & the kids love her too.. Just takes time with some as they come from places where dogs are not friendly or clean animals.

My Hindu friend is normally scared of Dogs as she had been chased & nearly attacked by the wild dogs back in India... But as long as I hold Digi like a baby, she'll pet Digi out of respect, as she knows Digi is like a child to me.

When I see people step back from Digi, I know they are scared of her.. Thats when I pick her up like a baby & invite them into the elevator... I find more will come in if I hold her, then they also ask questions about her & pretty much after that, they always come into the elevator with us & say hi to her its quite rewarding