Thread: Sammie

Sammie

You are pretty cute, Sammie! I'm so glad that you found a good home where you are loved and cared for.

Of course you feel like a youngster, Sammie, because you never had a chance to be one before. You've got a lot of catching up to do and 8 months is only the beginning. There are toys to play with and critters to chase and guard duty and oh the loving and cuddling those folks need as you have already found out.

Sammie I don't know when a dog has made me more sad or more happy. Of course you know why I am sad, thinking of all those years of misery you had to endure, but happy because that after all that time you found the mother lode!

A special thank you to that lady in the car who rescued you. I bet you did say *Hit it* as soon as you and she jumped in together. God bless you, Sammie, and your parents too. You will definitely be remembered around here as a beautiful, most persevering, Dog of the Day, ever! But heck with remembering for right now...we have to celebrate because TODAY IS SAMMIE'S DAY and she is DOG OF THE DAY.
    Last edited by Rachel; 10-20-2002 at 07:39 AM.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Sammie is adorable! I would never have guessed from her picture that she was ever so ill and ill-used! I hope she has many more years to come with her family.
    dog crazy

Oh Sammy!

Your story brought tears to my eyes, both in saddness & happiness. I think Karen & Paul did a wonderful job when they picked you for our DOTD!
    I can't even imagine all the fun you've had since you went to your new home! I bet they give you all kinds of toys & treats, don't they Like Rachel said, be that puppy you never got to be, & spend the rest of your life having fun
    Congratulations you super-wonderful

"DOG OF THE DAY"
    !

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I have to say your story brought tears to my eyes too, both in sadness and happiness. Thank God for people like your parents and the lady who rescued you...we need more people like that in the world.

You are definitely special and I know you and you parents are enjoying your new founded puppyhood...playing games, chasing toys and being loved!

Congrats and hugs to the Dog of the Day!!!

Good Morning Sammie, your story is heartbreaking, but in the end love conquers all. I think you are beautiful and I also thank the lady who saved you and the caring man and woman who adopted you. I'm so happy that you have a wonderful, loving home now and get to play with your sister. Your Mom and Dad knew what they were doing when they got you, an older dog is a wonderful choice and they will get much love back and companionship. You are our very special Sunday dog and Congratulations dear, sweet Sammie, OUR VERY BEST DOG OF THE DAY.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Dearest Sammie,

First of all, you are not just pretty sweetie, you are
    Beautiful !!! What a glorious day that was when some
    very kind and caring people found you & saw your inner
    beauty & need for TLC. Thanks to the wonderful people
    in Rescue work & your loving forever family, look at you
    today. Gorgeous Little Lady Sammie. Congratulations
    on being our DOG OF THE DAY. May you enjoy nothing but
    love & happiness for the rest of your life. Love Ya Sweetie !!!

P.S. I too hope that your daughter is with CARING people
    and is having a happy life like her Momma.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What a cutie!! I am so sorry you had a rough beginning. Things got better though! Your owner must have been so kind to drive so far and give you a nice fix-up. Awww, I am sure your daughter got a home too!! You are such a great dog and I am glad you were able to pull through it all!! I hope you recieve many special things on your special day!! Congratulations on Dog of the Day!
    Britt, Floppsy, Lady, Sally, and Kelsey.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Yeah for Sammie!! What a sad story with a gloriously happy ending. This is why we should never buy animals from pet stores!!! Puppy mills in the mid west ship dogs to stores here in New York and all over. Very very sad. But THANK GOODNESS you found a home gorgeous. And you're a little doggy - chances are you will have many warm and wonderful years to come, and be a teenager!! I know many people who read your story here will certainly pray for that, darling. Congrats for being Our dog of the Day (year!!)

Dear Sammie. You are not just cute, not just pretty, but a most beautiful girl, inside and out. I too cried from beginning to end as I read your story. First, tears of sadness that your were subjected to such horrifying abuse and neglect. And tears for those who remiained behind. Then, tears of joy to know that forever and a day you will be in the safe, loving, arms of your devoted, adoring family. Thank you Wesite Rescue, thank you wonderful, wonderful family, for giving this precious pup a second chance at life. Oh, yes, yes, yes Sammie...throw that baby into over drive and HIT IT!!! Girl, you've got a LOT of living to do!!Congratulations to our most beautiful and deserving Sunday Miracle Dog of the Day, Sammie!!! What a wonderful story!!!! Sammie, I wish you and your family many more years of shared love and happiness!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sammie

What a beautiful dog you are indeed!!! All dogs deserve a good home, and you certainly seem to have found yours!

May all your future years be happy and healthy ones - and I am sure you daughter found a special home too.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Dear Sammie, Lots of nice things have been written about you today and you deserve them all. You had a wonderful story to tell - I think all the rest of your days will be happy as it sounds like you are loved very much!
    Congrats. on being our "Dog of the Day".

Sammie, you are beautiful!!! You had a hard life at first, but now you can live it up to the fullest in your wonderful forever home. Thank you Westie Rescue and adopting parents. What a happy ending to a horrible beginning!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

What a sweet story Sammie, I am so glad you found a loving home cause it sure sounds like you deserve it!