Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I found on my back porch today!

I feel so helpless....please let me know if I can contribute $$ at least!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Sorry I haven't posted sooner, but I'm now up to date. (had a little
    health scare, but am now ok) Am completely ok with sending $$ to help
    with the vet checkup and/or transportation of the babies. lvpets2002
    , please pm me an address where I can send the $$.

Keeping them in the shed for naps & overnight stays sounds like a very
    good idea. They are getting to where they have no fear at all, and
    that's a bad idea for babies who have access to the wide open spaces.

(((Hugs))) Moff, (((Hugs))) lvpets2002
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Slick is doing what at what?? Sssshh no we wont tell no-one.. Hey Yes I just checked KC Mo & its not much one way & then get a car from there to drive downward into MOFF place.. No need going into Joplin then I would just have to drive back up one hour.. Ummppss.. I mean if I have to go to KC Mo anyways.. OK MOFF check into some more on your end & I will on my end.. Now to see if the rent a car places will let me drive a car back to TX.. They should.. There is a Enterprise not far from me that I could do the drop off.. Hey I am fixing to close now from Work.. Did I Say Work.. Hey All Paws Crossed & some New Baby Pics Please ..
    It might be best to check with the Enterprise co near you and see if they can contact whatever airline you would use and reserve a car. They can tell you if you can bring it to them from KC or not.

I now have 5 grumpy babies!!! I finally wrangled them all and got them in the shed. The shy black one was the last hold out. I had to bribe him with a can of tuna to come close enough so I could get him. I may not be able to get him again.

I sat in there with them for a while. It wasn't as dark as I was afraid it would be. It looked like twilight. Still after they ate, they went and piled in their new bed and ignored me. No happy jumping on my pant legs. No happy gosh we're glad to see you looks. I am such a mean kitty care keeper.

I hope this doesn't encourage them to run off tomorrow when they are finally loose. The only alternative is to stuff them under the porch and put a couple of bricks over their hole until I can be with them.

Yea, Liz speaking of no fear; my yard got mowed this afternoon. I was expecting them to all be under the house. What did I see right after my yard guy left? All 5 of them sitting on that ledge by the porch hole entrance.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

I'll bet the tuna (or whatever) still smells as good to them tomorrow.
    At least you will be able to get a decent nights sleep if you know that they
    are safely tucked away.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Won't tell hubby, but I can put in $20.00. I wish it would be more... can y'all PM me and tell me where to send it?

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

I sure hope that this new plan will work out and that MOFF can keep the babies safe in the meantime. I'll also make a donation to Helene and she can use it towards the kittens or travel expenses. I'm sure that you'll be able to return the rental car to whatever company you end up renting from in Texas without any problems but I'd call to find out more details just in case.

So Helene, when do you think you'll be planning your trip to Kansas?

Those babies are soooo darlin' I wish we could help monitarily We're moving, saving up for kitty spays, and tests for Phoebe. We will send prayers for all of you angels helping out those sweet little furry angels
    Too many pets? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    So Helene, when do you think you'll be planning your trip to Kansas?
    Well, we do need to get them on the road as soon as possible but there is a holiday weekend next week. That may slow things down some.

They did fine in the shed last night but the temps are going to be in the 90s here today. That's at least 180 in there this afternoon with the sun beating down on it.

Kits can't stay in there in the afternoons for sure. Can't let them free again, I'd never catch them. So, I cleaned the bathroom. They will just have to spend afternoons in there. It's not big but they can at least be in out of the heat. Hopefull, I can lock my big kids out of the kitchen so they can't even play pawsies under the bathroom door with the kits. If not, well, the big kids have all had their shots.

I'll try and get baby pics this afternoon.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

New Baby Pics - Cuteness overload

They are all settled in and having a grand time in the bathroom. I was going to take the carrier out but they are having so much fun I left it. I want them to learn to not be afraid of it. Posting thumbnail pics this time because I couldn't decide which pics to use. Enjoy!:

MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

I've been reluctant to say anything because I'm not in a position to chip in, but these little sweethearts are just too wonderful, and I wanted to thank everyone who's helping get them into safe homes!

Love, Columbine

Quote Originally Posted by columbine View Post
    I've been reluctant to say anything because I'm not in a position to chip in, but these little sweethearts are just too wonderful, and I wanted to thank everyone who's helping get them into safe homes!

Love, Columbine
    It doesn't matter if anyone can chip in or not. Just loving these little ones and supporting us with prayers and positive thoughts helps bunches.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

MOFF, I'm so glad that you're able to allow them in your bathroom during the day. They're so adorable and I'd hate for something bad to happen to them. So do you know if you'll be able to adopt a few of them yet?

I hope that your other cats won't be too upset with you about letting these furry babies into their home. I'll continue to keep them all in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that when Helene is able to come and get them that everything goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    MOFF, I'm so glad that you're able to allow them in your bathroom during the day. They're so adorable and I'd hate for something bad to happen to them. So do you know if you'll be able to adopt a few of them yet?

I hope that your other cats won't be too upset with you about letting these furry babies into their home. I'll continue to keep them all in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that when Helene is able to come and get them that everything goes smoothly.
    Right now, my big babies are locked out of the kitchen. That leaves a room between the kits and them so I'm not sure they know they are in the house. Probably do. Not much gets by them. But they can't play pawsies with them under doors or hiss at them or anything.

Just talked to my landlord (bro) and he said if I need the rent money for kitty shots next mo, that's ok. He has 7 cats of his own. So, yes, I'll probably keep two if Helene can take the other 3.

Wonder what supplies with the kits need for a 7 and half hour car ride? I've got one carrier. It has a clip on tray for food and water but what if they need a bathroom?
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie

Put a puppy pee pad in the carrier. Maybe also a small plastic container of litter, if the carrier is big enough. You could use double-sided tape on the bottom of the container to keep it from sliding around in the carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Prairie Purrs View Post
    Put a puppy pee pad in the carrier. Maybe also a small plastic container of litter, if the carrier is big enough. You could use double-sided tape on the bottom of the container to keep it from sliding around in the carrier.
    The carrier is a small one. A one cat size but 3 babies fit in it well. It wouldn't have room for a puppy pee pad if I even had one.

I just about had a heart attack. I had left the shed doors open to air it out. There were two big dogs inside it!!! I chased them off and shut the door. Now I'm scared to even put the kits out there.
    MY BLESSINGS:

Frankie