Thread: Sebastyan

Sebastyan

Hello Everyone, been busy with stuff but I have some pictures of Sebastyan.

Which I found out recently he seriously doesn't know his name, maybe his nick name but I'm not sticking to calling him "Bitters" or "Bits". I gave it a thought of maybe calling him something else... I though about calling him Milk since he has a milk-stache. Though...I had already sorta use to Sebastyan and I like the way it sounds and it seems to fit him. Calling him Milk-chan be cute though.

He just has to learn his name, I got treats and he is getting it a little but sometimes he isn't interested in listening.

Just during play time

Whatever you call him I'm sure he'll learn his name in time. Even when cats know their names, they sometimes like to pretend that they don't know it. He sure is a gorgeous boy.

What a stunning beauty he is! WOW! Oooooo! I would have him spoiled ROTTEN!

What about calling him something that sounds like "Bitters" like "Titters" if he responds to Bitters and you just don't like the name?

It only took Samantha 3 days to respond to her new name when I got her. Her former name was "Midnight" and I never liked that name for a black cat. The first and second day I called her "Midnight-Samantha". Then since the 3rd day, it has been nothing but Samantha and she knew and responded. Now I call her "SamannnnnnTHA" when we are playing..LOL!
    Last edited by Laura's Babies; 05-16-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh hes listening all right
    Our Cats are always listening with their radar hearing.
    Sebastyns just deciding on whether or not he will answer, Our Cats like to put us on hold while they decide.
    What a Big Handsome Cat, and he looks so happy in his FurrEver Home of Homes!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a gorgeous boy! Sebastyan, you rock!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

He is STUNNING!

I found a few nicknames for "Sebastien" on the net:

Seb, Sebas, Bast, Bastian, Tian, Ian, Ebas, Basti, Sebi, Sebo

Basha

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Sebastyan, you are absolutely beautiful! I'm with Catmandu - you're listening and deciding whether you'll pay attention or not
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Whatever you decide, he's a beauty. He and my Coco Puff love that lazy pose w/one leg hanging down.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

He is gorgeous! In the pictures he does look very content and settled in. I once heard someone say that a dog comes when you call, a cat takes a message and gets back to you.

Sending your sweet boy lots of scritchies, tummy rubs, and lovies
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thanks every one for the compliments. He really is a cutie. Odd character too, but still cute in its own way.

Its been about a year since my last cat passed away so its takes time getting use to having a cat. He is nothing like my last Cat or at least what I remember of Stormy. Sebastyan is lovey lap cat mixed with playful leap and climber sorta cat. He has gotten on the counter tops, and the top of the fridge and cabinets, counter we can watch and clean top of the fridge and cabinets not good as my mom keeps the glass and breakables up there. Sebastyan has already shown that he is indeed clumsy, part of that is age and new territory. I've caught him on several times before he hurts himself but times when he jumps off the dresser and starts crying does make me feel like a fur mom. I keep check to see if he is alright after he got himself a shoulder fracture or something before I got him while he was at the animal hospital.

Nice advice on the names, I know most cats can ignore but sometimes I've seen them where they will look at you and then go back ignoring. Ah already call him from time to time Bastian. As for his old nick name I think part of it is Bitters sounds nothing like Sebastian, and not really cute in my opinion...I'm sure it more to do with something about him than the name, as he likes to bite and chew things a lot. As long as he knows my hand is not for harsh bites then we are good. Sebastyan really fits him, the y is bit odd, but I don't really care enough to change it, besides my nick name is Abbi with and I and I always thought the Y looked better, but no because my real name has and I in the end it carries over.

Oh if any one can give me suggestion on good cat chew toys, I think I shall be picking him some before he bites into something he shouldn't. Like a pen or markers or school books binders, all sorts of plastic goodies around here.

If he likes catnip, then get him anything with catnip in it. You can also buy catnip spray and spray it on anything you want him to be attracted to. My cats love catnip mice.