Thread: 2 dogs need rehomed (Amarillo Texas) *Update #9*

Threaded View

2 dogs need rehomed (Amarillo Texas) *Update #9*

A good friend of mine has recently moved to Texas Jan 2010, and has found herself unable to keep her 2 dogs and 1 diabetic cat. She has already re-homed 2 horses with a horse group.

I make suggestions but she keeps telling me "everyone is full" meaning shelters. She is saying "I will have them put down". Not thinking clearly.

Recently divorced (my friend) and trying to find work then having her roommate (good friend) kick her out giving her 30 days, she is really down on her luck big time.

Are there any rescues in this area (Amarillo Texas) or close by that could help? She has 30 days to move where she is presently residing.

Thanks in-advance for any information/and or help.

Craftlady

Misty is a terrier/husky mix...the momma dog (never had pups that is just her personality), very emotional...if you raise your voice her eyes fill with tears. She is alpha female. She is 12yrs. Does not like little kids.

Copper is chow/husky mix...9yrs...protects his land from Godzilla (I have never seen Godzilla, but the way he carries on...Godzilla does exist).

Ihave had Misty since she was about 6months old and Copper since he was about 8weeks.
    Last edited by Craftlady; 05-25-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: add description and ages
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor