Thread: Do Your Cats Ever Fight?

Do Your Cats Ever Fight?

Today, two of my cats got into a real growling, hair flying, fight
    in the hallway. I have never seen anything like this (in my own house)
    before. I yelled" Hey,Hey Hey, we don't do that here" and they stopped
    the fight. They have been fine for the rest of the day.Has this
    ever happened with your cats?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh yes. Buddy and Mama have regular disagreements. She has never liked him. I would say it doesn't happen as frequently as it used to though. One time Mama had a gash in her neck. That was quite some time ago though. I usually tell them to stop if they get too carried away.

Then it is pretty normal then? I was doing fine with 4 cats & it's just
    with the last one (Joey) that can't find his spot in the pecking order. It
    has not ever turned into a full fledged fight before today. It's scary to
    watch, & i don't want anyone to get hurt.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

oh yes indeed we have quite a few hissy fits around here, i have a mother and daughter and the mother always picks on her girl and gives her what for,she will be sleeping,minding her own business and Miss Ellie will just go up and swat her.

Lexie is always hissing at the other two, she was here first and they were introduced later, they used to come over here before i rescued them and fight with both Ash and Lexie, so it is no wonder, Lexie gets on not too bad with Nikki tho, they even touch noses now and then.

In general they tolerate each other reasonably well, but every now and then one of them wants to show the others who is the boss cat around here,they should know by now it is none other than my smallest cat Miss Ellie-Mae, she is one fiesty little madam at times for all the size of her, she is so much smaller than the other two, but boy can she hold her own.

So i would not worry too much, it is a normal part of living together, i mean after all we don't always get along with our siblings,parents, spouses all the time do we? So i guess they are not too much different in that aspect.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Fighting or should I say squabbles is a normal occurance around here. One minute they're licking each other's heads and then the next minute they're biting and wrestling with each other. There's never been any bloodshed or anything major though.

Today Storm and Pearl have been fighting a lot. It started this morning and they were literally boxing each other and fur from Storm was flying in the air. I had to break it up. Just now they were fighting again and I had to break it up again. I know that Storm is the alpha but I think that Pearl wants this position. Ziggy and Sky could care less about it but they both get bullied by Storm because they're afraid of him. I've learned to just deal with it.

Yep, occasionally happens around here, although less so since Cami is living in a separate room. I think it's one of the consequences of a multi-cat household.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Oh sure. Specs and Boo go at it every once in a while b/c Boo has been the alpha male and at his age, 18 1/2, he's having to fight to keep his position or Specs will take over. Most times it's just loud meowing but every once in a while, they get into a real scrap, fur flying, etc.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

All the time. Shortie, who's built like a PT Cruiser (she's a purebred Munchkin) is a real biatch. She can get real bossy. She may be little but she sure can hold her own.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks for all the input on this.

I didn't even dream that normal cats behaved this way. I admit not
    knowing cat behavior before I took in two of Mama Kitty's boys.(Redbud
    and Michael) I guess I've been lucky in that the addition of Blackie and
    Punkin was pretty seamless.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    All the time. Shortie, who's built like a PT Cruiser (she's a purebred Munchkin) is a real biatch. She can get real bossy. She may be little but she sure can hold her own.
    Shortie sounds just like my Pearl. Little but very feisty.

Mac is my Alpha and he stresses that point to Ming very often. Ming doesn't challenge him very often, he really is a sweetheart. No one has been seriously hurt yet, but once in awhile, fur flies. Mac is the little one and like the others have said, feisty as H*ll.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Yes, kind of. Well, I have an outdoor cat and he is always the instigator. He goes looking for a fight with other outdoor cats that come around. He comes back with scratches. For some reason he always starts the fight. I guess one of your cats did something to anger or annoy the other one.

Oh yeah. having a problem here just now.

Mandy and Tommy have both lived here in peace for over 2 years. The last 2 months or so, Tommy has decided that she may NOT eat, may NOT drink, may NOT use the litter boxes. If he finds her anywhere other than atop my chest of drawers in my bedroom, he howls and pounces, and black fur goes flying. (they are both black kitties)

He is 17 pounds of muscle, she is a petite 6 pounds.

I don't know what set them off, but I am furious. Guess where she pees and poops? Atop my chest of drawers.

Not really.. All of mine are pretty laid back & lazy.. Yes there is some squabbles.. I just do the yelling Hey Hey thingy & they break it up.. But no hair flying.. Now the only two times I had any hair flying was with My Blind Boy Bogart & My Bigg Girl Autumn.. But they dont do that anymore.. It was a matter of who thought who was the biggesstt.. Well I have told them that I am the biggesstt so their comparing each other needs to come to a stop.. They have not had a fight since..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>