Thread: Bubba the stray cat

Bubba the stray cat

I haven't posted here for quite awhile, but have something I wanted to share with other cat lovers. Bubba the stray cat showed up at my house about a year & 1/2 ago, just a few days after my cat Buttermilk had died. I opened the door on that cold, eventful night and a huge gray striped cat just walked right on in, used the litter box & proceeded to make himself at home. Some of you may remember how I had to take him to the vet during that next few days. I had put him in a cat carrier to take him & the door wouldn't latch. When I got to the vet & opened the car door, Bubba jumped out & took off. I drove around that area 3 or 4 times that night looking for him, but never found him. Keep in mind that this was a cold, snowy night. Anyway the next morning I opened my front door & there was Bubba on my front porch. Bubba had made himself at home! I knew that any cat who would walk clear across town in snow knew he was where he belonged. I never did find out where he came from and just recently had stopped thinking of him as a stray cat. I have wondered a few times if possibly someone had dropped him off
    at my house - no matter though, he was my cat (or maybe I was his person ?). I thought too that it was beyond coincidence that he showed up so soon after Buttermilk died, like maybe he knew I was in need of comforting. Anyway after being sick for a few days, Bubba died Tuesday night. I had taken him to the vet Tuesday morning & they wanted to keep him for awhile. I went out to get him late in the afternoon & had been home less than half an hour when he died. I told the vet that it was almost like he waited to get home. Sorry this is so long, but I am wondering if cats know that we humans love them. I hope Bubba did - I'm sure he did, but I of course feel so guilty for not taking him to the vet sooner. I just hope he knew how much I loved him.

He knew; it was his time to go to the Bridge and no force can stop that. You did everything you could for him while he was part of your life, you loved him and that was the most important. He knew.

I'm sorry for your loss, RIP to your Bubba, and Peace to you-remember, he knew love because of you. Play well at the Bridge, Bubba. All the PT kitties (and those that went before PT) will be waiting to greet you.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Oh so sorry for your loss. I had a chill reading your story. There is no doubt in my mind he definitely knew you loved him. Cats may act all standoffish at times but they surely do know who loves them. It is so curious how he showed up right after your other cat passed. I sometimes think our cats are gifts from God. My Buddy was definitely a gift from God. Showed up at my house, no one knew who he belonged to. It was at a time when I was very sad and down after my marriage failed. Take care.

You're so right; Bubba knew he found his home and that's where he wanted to make his transition. His trip to the Bridge was easy and light and he wants you to know that he realizes how fortunate he was to be loved and cared for by you. I'm sorry for your heartache; hopefully, it will ease w/time. RIP, Bubba and peace to your human.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, they know we love them.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

We are so sorry, yes they know and they know when it's thier time.
    GILL & Crew;

Bubba and Buttermilk are together now at a PGA Tour event , or catching a Ballgame and are Furrever Friends now.
    They both appreciate that love that you showed them and miss you so very much.
    Who knows, maybe they will guide another Stray to your home, as they know that that Cat will be treated well and loved royally.
    And Bubba and Buttermilk will have a place for you where you will receive the same love that you showed Two Lost Cats all those years ago,
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Pumpkin

Years and years and years ago, I met a little orangie who was very friendly, but so thin she felt like a stegosaurus when I tried to pet her. I had housemates and no money and had to go to work, but a credit at the vet, so I called a shelter and (this is how long ago it was) they followed my directions and found her. They brought "Pumpkin" to the vet, but she was already so starved and worn out by parasites that her digestive system didn't work any more, and she died a few days later. But she left this world knowing that somebody cared.

Love, Columbine

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet Bubba. Yes, they sure do know that they're loved.

My condolences Nancy. This must be so heartbreaking for you. Of course he knew how much you loved him, and still love him. He will be with you furever.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Bubba

Thanks everyone

Bubba

Thanks for this post. I will wonder for a long time where Bubba actually came from and how / why he showed up when he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    Oh so sorry for your loss. I had a chill reading your story. There is no doubt in my mind he definitely knew you loved him. Cats may act all standoffish at times but they surely do know who loves them. It is so curious how he showed up right after your other cat passed. I sometimes think our cats are gifts from God. My Buddy was definitely a gift from God. Showed up at my house, no one knew who he belonged to. It was at a time when I was very sad and down after my marriage failed. Take care.

I'm so sorry about Bubba. Animals have a unique instinct when it comes to their time to go to the Bridge. He knew you loved him, Nancy. Why else would he strut in, pee in the box and curl up on a chair like he lived there forever.

RIP sweet Bubba.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

RIP Bubba. I loved hearing your story of making yourself at home. I know he knew he was loved...no doubt about it..something told him that that is where he should be, so he showed up and stayed. I'm sorry for your loss.