Thread: Adorable Remy

Adorable Remy

Remy what an adorable little mouse you are!!!

What a treat to see your sweet face peeking at me on my computer this morning!!! Your color does resemble the rat from the movie. All you need is a tiny chef's hat. I hope you and your loving family are enjoying your special day today. No excapes today, please!

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there beautiful Remy! Happy Pet of the Day to you What a precious little mousie you are! And I'll bet your sister Thumper is just as precious! We're so happy that you and your sister were rescued from the pet store! You knew right off the bat that your Mommy to be was your guardian angel, and into her hands, and heart, you leaped! How well she has been paid her great compassion and kindness; she is one lucky young person, having a best furkid as beautiful and sweet as you! Now, just stick close to home; no more great escapes! They frighten your family so, and they want you with them for a long, long time to come! I hope you and Thumper are both being treated to a very special; a fun, love and treat filled "top pet" day! You both deserve it! And I hope your Mom will give you and Thumper both, a cuddle and kiss, and some Yogis, or Cheerios, or whatever your pleasure, for me! Thanks for the big smiles, precious Remy! (Love your name!)

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

How to Recapture a Mouse (or other rodent)

Remy is definitely a cutie!

As an owner of many, many rodents over the years, I have also had my share of "escape artists". One trick I've learned is after an escape, you can place a small aquarium (5.5 gallon tanks are big enough) on the floor in the room where you think the rodent is (normally next to a wall, since rodents like run close to walls).

Place books and such next to the tank so that the rodent can climb into the tank. Put the lid next to the tank (you can even use the lid as a ramp to allow the rodent to get inside the tank). Place a bit of bedding from their cage along with some dry food and a shallow dish of water into the aquarium, but most importantly put a running wheel in the tank too! Several times I have heard the wheel being used, quietly walked over to the tank and quickly covered it with the lid - rodent rescued!

Often the food and water aren't even needed to get the animal into the tank (rodents love to run in wheels!), but in case you're not around when they've explored the tank, consumed food/water (plus new poop) is a good way to confirm that you've had a visitor.

If the animal is especially hard to catch (maybe you're not around often enough to catch them exercising), you can try using a tall empty wastebasket (tall enough to keep them from jumping out - and they can jump pretty high!), again with a bit of bedding, food & water inside. Cover the top of the wastebasket with sheet or two of paper laying loosely across the top. Often the rodent will smell the food or bedding, explore the wastebasket, and walk across the paper 'lid' - which will fall into the wastebasket along with the rodent. Make sure you check this trap at least twice a day to avoid abandoning your pet.

Both of these techniques have worked many times for me in the past, though the best story I heard was from a friend who had house mice visit the open tank simply to use the wheel (no food or water was in the tank). As I said, rodents love to run in wheels!
    Last edited by Muad'Dib; 05-09-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    "On the web, nobody knows you're a pet!"

Aww Remy! You're a little cutie! Congrats on being POTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla