Thread: Natura Products sells to Proctor and Gamble

Natura Products sells to Proctor and Gamble

Procter & Gamble Co. has signed a deal to buy privately held pet food company Natura Pet Products Inc., the consumer products company said Wednesday.

Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

Natura, whose brands include Innova, Evo, Healthwise and Karma, sells its products mostly at specialty pet stores and through veterinarians in the U.S. and Canada. The privately held company is based in Davis, Calif.

Procter & Gamble said the acquisition gives it access to the holistic and naturals pet food segment, which will complement its existing Iams and Eukanuba brands.

Procter & Gamble hopes to close the deal in about a month.

Last month Procter & Gamble, which makes Tide detergent, Pampers diapers and other products, reported that its fiscal third-quarter profit dipped 1 percent but revenue rose 7 percent as households around the globe responded to new products, price cuts and stepped-up advertising.

The company's stock added 52 cents to $62.23 in midday trading

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/finan.../D9FGP1IG0.htm
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Ugh, this is so upsetting. Even if they don't change the ingredients in the food, I still will not want to support P&G by telling people to use this food. They shoved Iams and Euk down the hole and now they will probably do it to the Natura lines.
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Quote Originally Posted by MonicanHonda View Post
    Ugh, this is so upsetting. Even if they don't change the ingredients in the food, I still will not want to support P&G by telling people to use this food. They shoved Iams and Euk down the hole and now they will probably do it to the Natura lines.
    My thoughts exactly!!! I had to take our dogs of California Natural, as they girls could not process the high protein, but that and Innova are great foods. I hope they don't go the way of Iams!!!

*sigh* me too
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*