Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Koko is 5 years old Happy Birthday!! 5/5/05

Koko is 5 years old Happy Birthday!! 5/5/05

Koko came into my life on September the 5 in 2005. This incredible little puppy just walked out of one of my trails and into my heart. You could tell from her appearance that she had been on her own for a while. I think when she arrived at my home she had made up her mind that this should be home. After sleeping on our porch for several days we decided to take her to the Vet to have her checked out and see if there had been any reports of a missing brown pup. The Vet said she was about 4 months old so we decided that May 5th would be her birthday. We posted signs in case anyone was looking for her and prayed that no one called.. After a couple of weeks, I'm afraid that if the owner had called we would have said she ran away. She had definitely stolen my heart and has kept it to this day.

I don't think we rescued Koko as much as she rescued me. I was at a low point in my life after going through Cancer treatment. The treatment left me with many side effects that I was having trouble coping with. I believe God sent this little angel to rescue me from my despair. I thank God for sending me Koko because she has been a true blessing in every way.
    Last edited by kokopup; 05-07-2010 at 03:36 PM.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Happy Birthday Koko!!! You're a beautiful girl! I know you'll have a special day!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Happy birthday to one special Pup!
    Enjoy your day, Koko!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

Happy Birthday Koko. Big HUGS from me!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Happy Birthday, KoKo!! You are indeed a special pup and deserve a special day! Have a great one!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

I don't recall reading that story in the past. Sounds like God sent you an angel in your time of need.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KOKO!!!

What a wonderful story! Happy Birthday Koko!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Happy Birthday, Koko! How lucky that you stole your daddy's heart and was able to cheer him up! I believe you are getting spoiled like you deserve in return. You're a beautiful girl and deserve to celebrate all day with lots of treats. Have fun!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Happy Birthday KoKo!! I hope you get spoiled on your special day!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Thanks everyone for Koko's birthday wishes. She has had a great day so far with a nice long walk on our trails. We went to Tractor Suppy, one of her favorite sniffing places, to do a little shopping. I just gave her free rein so she could sniff to her hearts content. Her favorite isle as expected was the dog food isle with the the toy isle coming in second. This being a pet friendly place they gave her a Chewy Pepperoni treat at the checkout.
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

Happy birthday little Koko Pup!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Happy Birthday, Koko! You and your daddy helped each other, what a great story! Please have your dad give you a big hug from me for your birthday !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a wonderful rescue story... on both of your parts. Happy Birthday Koko!!!
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

One of the side effects, caused by Radiation , makes it difficult to be understood a lot of the time. I do believe that Koko is in sync with my thoughts because she understands me even when I'm having an off day. I don't have to be embarrassed with her because even if I'm not understood she never gives me that look , As if to say "what language is this". All I get is a big smile and a big wag.
    — Unknown

Happy 5th Birthday Koko & Have Many More.. hope your dad gives you belly rubbss & pup treats all day..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>