Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have added to my little family

I have added to my little family

Well, I did it. I have a new puppy. She has been with me for almost a week. She is an 11 weeks old Tibetan Terrier. Her name is Prue. No, I don't have any new photos of her. I have attached a little one, taken two weeks ago.

I have fallen in love with Prue. She is nearly potty trained and is really in love with her crate and walking on a leash. I know I have her first year ahead of me, but so far, and according to her Mom, she is a laid back puppy and was the smartest of the litter.

I have posted this on the cat side of Pet Talk, because that is where I usually post.

So.....here she is. The second photo is of some other dog, but is how Prue will look when she is an adult. She will be on the large size since both her parents were large for their breed. Her color is brindle. They are called terriers but don't have a terrier personality or disposition. She seldom barks and is not high strung at all! Her name is really Prudence. I didn't name her but thought Prue was a cute, short name and it took some pressure off me to come up with some silly name....that didn't collide with my cats' names.

By the way, she is fine with the cats. They have had their moments, but in general, they all have a healthy respect for each other.

Juni took off for three days right after Prue arrived but came home Wednesday night..... and has been oh so friendly to me..... as though I HAD BEEN GONE!

Hi Prue!
    What a Great Little Pup you are Prue and we bet that your Fellow Fur Companions will just love you, and that you will all be Friends very soon, and will be playing together!!
    A Good Dog is worth his weight in Gold!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Awww, she is adorable!! I can't wait to see more pictures of her as she grows up!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Congrats!!! She's adorable and I'm glad that she and the cats are getting along fairly well.

Aww, and you should post about her in Dog General, too! Congrats!
    I've Been Frosted

How are the cats doing with her? What a cutie she is.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I was going to PM you today as I wanted to know whether Juni was back. I am so glad to hear she is!
    But now to Prue- she is simply adorable- looks like a toy to me now.
    I think the kitties will see that a puppy is just like a not-so-well educated baby kitty and they will show her the ropes

Aw, what a cute li'l fuzz nugget!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Welcome, Prue! What a cutie you are!

I have a family friend who is owned by a Tibetan terrier who has a very busy schedule of eating, napping, looking out of her window at birds, keeping her people company, more napping ...
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a cutie! I love the name Prue, too. I am sure, with time, a pecking order will develop. Sadly, Prue will be on the lower end.

I have never had problems with the younger puppy and cat intro. Right now, I have two 8 month old aussie x, and a shep/collie 'dog' and all is well.

Hey now you get to post on Dog General as well! He heee.

Prue, you are a very lucky pup, joining a PT household. SNUGGLES!

What an adorable addition to your family! Welcome home, Prue!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a cutie!!!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Sallie Anne! This is wonderful news! Makes me so happy to see you with a puppy to complete your household. I'm so glad your Juni came home. I'll bet they will be good friends before it is overwith.
    Helen, my daughter, sent me a message this morning and said that Baby Mack (our bulldog) and Bo Bagley, one of our kittens, were in the kitchen playing together this morning. That is a first! I'm so glad that Bo took the initiative to be Mack's friend. I think Mack misses Butter who was his buddy. Bo prefers the dogs to the rest of us, but that's ok. The Goldens think he is wonderful, rubbing all up around their faces, and maybe Baby Mack will be the same way.
    Congratulations on Prue! What a sweetheart!

Congratulations on the cute new addition!
    I'm sorry that I didn't see this thread until now, my schedule has been very busy lately.
    You know that if you don't post more photos of Prue that I will have to visit you for a photo shoot so Pet Talk can see more pictures of her.
    Does she like riding in the car? Maybe we can meet at Petco or you can even take a road trip down here this summer. It will be a few weeks before my schedule has more free time, I hope to come up and visit or meet the little cutie on a road trip this summer.
    Any updates on how she is getting along with the kitties?
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy