Thread: Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary

Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary

I just wanted to post a little something about Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary.
    It is in Wales in the UK, I'm from Wales and have visited this sanctuary once, and will be visiting again in the summer. When I visited I picked up one of the cats that lives there and she stayed cuddled inside my coat whilst I walked around!
    They do such great work here, and it is completely supported by donations and fundraising by it's supporters.
    They rescue mainly primates that have been mistreated, and come from horrible zoos etc, and also ones that have been tested on in labs. They also have some wolves and recently added to it by rescuing three wolves from Germany. They rescued nine capuchins from Belgium this year.
    It is a wonderful charity, and they do the best they can with the funds that they manage to get.
    They are doing a little prize draw at the moment, and anybody worldwide can enter. Small prizes to the winners, but of course it's all about donating.

If you'd like to read about the sanctuary I've put a link below.
    I've also put a link to the prize draw on facebook.

Kate

http://ape-monkey-rescue.org.uk/

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?ei...119443&index=1

Thanks for that link! Next time I go back to Wales I'll look into visiting. I didn't get to see much when I was there last because I was so busy with the riding school.

Niño & Eliza

What an interesting place! Sounds like a nice family place for a day visit.

From the home page, I clicked on the Geopark story ( bottom, link is between the 2 pics of the rescue ambulance). The photos are something! Not sure where I went next, but there was a pi o someone climbing up a frozen water fall!

Look at the Gifts and Souvenirs, there is a nice photo of one of the cats.

Also read about the individual chimps. Nakima likes to wear clothes, and sleeps like a human in her bed, lol.

Thanks for sharing!