Thread: I'm such a BAAAAAAAD Meowmie!!!

I'm such a BAAAAAAAD Meowmie!!!

I had to run an errand. So I left (it only took about 15 minutes). I came back and found poor Buddy sitting in the corner at the top of the stairs of the hallway of my apartment. He looked terrified. I scooped him up, covered him in kisses and apologized. I hadn't realized he snuck out. Thank God I have an enclosed apartment building or he would've been long gone.

I feel awful. I gave him a handful of treats and then fed him.

Lesson: In multi-cat households, ALWAYS take inventory upon leaving and arriving.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Heck I can loose a cat in my own house.. That is horrifing.. Oh I will bet you was like OMG horrified.. Well so glad Buddy was ok.. By the way I can hear him say more treats meowmomie..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

OH MY! Poor baby had to be terrified! (Mommie too when she realized what happened!) Maybe he won't want to check out what's outside that door again now that he knows how lonesome it can be.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I certainly would not say that Donna, Our Cats have a way of sneaking out on us when we least expect it.
    They are small and quick and so low to the ground that we cant see them until its too late
    We pray that Buddy has learned a valuable lesson and will not do that again.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so glad he was okay. And I know how scary that can be.
    Heck, I only have one cat and I always find her before we leave just to make sure she isn't locked in closet or out in the garage.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Or...it was a ploy on his part to get kisses, lovins and treats!

I think we've all done something like that. Just a few days ago, I let Allen in the yard while we were taking out the trash and forgot he was out! He was sitting on the step outside the door with a look that said "Well, FINALLY!"

(thankfully he's my only one I trust outside -- too darn fat to actually wander anywhere )

This has happened to me a few times too. Luckily my front door opens up to a hallway. I'm glad that all is well now.

Count tails, then count 'em again. Unless I need to know where Dad is as well; then I have to count noses!

Buddy will likely recover more quickly than you, Donna. The treats helped!

It happens, We have only 1 escapee in 25 years, Missy, she got treed by the dogs next door at the time. Never went near the outside doors again. I have locked them in the basement, attic, closets, and so on. IT HAPPENS.
    GILL & Crew;

GILL,

Boy are YOU lucky!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Moosmom, I'm with everybody else, please don't beat yourself up. I went out with trash once and when I came back, guess who was in the hallway waiting for me?! She doesn't hold a grudge, though.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

One morning a few years ago, I stepped outside to get the newspaper on the porch. I was sitting reading with my cup of coffee a few minutes later, when I kept hearing a cat meowing outside. I opened the door and there was Mac, ready to come back inside! It has happened to just about everyone, I guess. They are quick and stealthy little creatures.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Just be glad it was a short errand and nothing happened. You are not a bad Mom! At all!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!